PDA

View Full Version : Let's Hammer Barack.......

JustRalph
01-24-2010, 09:01 PM
This article is very right, and very wrong on many counts. But is very illustrative of what is to come.............it's long......but very interesting.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/22-7

From the Article:

"Of course, I don't give a shit about Barack Obama anymore, other than my desire that really ugly things happen to him as payment in kind for the grandest act of betrayal we've seen since Benedict Arnold did his thing. But what about the country? "

And the Hits keep coming

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/end_of_cowardly_lyin_mRWfJbYLRlOqRxirNUoCxO

"He embraced major provisions he rejected during the campaign, misled the public about costs and impact, and got competing versions through Congress only with a grab bag of outlandish bribes and exemptions.
He pledged transparency, then retreated to secret deal-making that corruptly rewarded unions and fleeced everybody else. The result was a national scandal that would have done tremendous damage if it became law."

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
commondreams....I believe Light and/or Hcap endorse that site...can't remember which one...I of course questioned a site like that when Light and/or Hcap was using them as a source, so I'll have to do it again here...

BUT, Light and/or Hcap should be fully onboard...so at least you've got that Ralph!

Tom
01-24-2010, 09:31 PM
The State of the Union summed up:

Broke
Not safe
A laughing stock world-wide

Thank you, Mr. Prezdedente
You are making Carter look smart!

A good response from the repubs would be that as soon as he blames everything on Bush to all get up and walk out of the speech. He deserves no respect and should be given none.

My preference would be they all shout him down with chants of "USA, USA, USA!"But they don't have the stones to do that.:D

NJ Stinks
01-25-2010, 12:24 AM

A laughing stock world-wide

You really should get out of the country once in a while. :rolleyes:

bigmack
01-25-2010, 12:30 AM
You really should get out of the country once in a while. :rolleyes:
Good article in Der Spiegal last week.

They're out of the country right?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,673192,00.html

NJ Stinks
01-26-2010, 03:15 AM
Good article in Der Spiegal last week.

They're out of the country right?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,673192,00.html

Don't see the laughing stock world-wide angle in that article. :confused:

cj's dad
01-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Don't see the laughing stock world-wide angle in that article. :confused:

So, NJ, why not enlighten those among who don't know where all this worldwide respect is coming from; curious minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

lsbets
01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Even Bob Herbert is starting to recognize that Obama is a fraud:

Mr. Obama may be personally very appealing, but he has positioned himself all over the political map: the anti-Iraq war candidate who escalated the war in Afghanistan; the opponent of health insurance mandates who made a mandate to buy insurance the centerpiece of his plan; the president who stocked his administration with Wall Street insiders and went to the mat for the banks and big corporations, but who is now trying to present himself as a born-again populist.

Mr. Obama is in danger of being perceived as someone whose rhetoric, however skillful, cannot always be trusted. He is creating a credibility gap for himself, and if it widens much more he won’t be able to close it.

Mr. Obama promised during the campaign that he would be a different kind of president, one who would preside over a more open, more high-minded administration that would be far more in touch with the economic needs of ordinary working Americans. But no sooner was he elected than he put together an economic team that would protect, above all, the interests of Wall Street, the pharmaceutical industry, the health insurance companies, and so on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/26/opinion/26herbert.html?ref=opinion

It seems like the only folks still fooled by Obama post here on PA.

Tom
01-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Don't see the laughing stock world-wide angle in that article.

I'm talking the real world.

1. Olympic embarrassment
2. France calling us invaders
3. Hugo blaming Haiti earthquake on us

Where is the big improvement over Bush?

PhantomOnTour
01-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm talking the real world.

1. Olympic embarrassment
2. France calling us invaders
3. Hugo blaming Haiti earthquake on us

Where is the big improvement over Bush?
Should the USA even give a rats ass what France calls us? They ought to call us their 2 time saviors. Now Hugo Chavez' opinion is important? Sorry, but Chavez doesnt live in the real world. Bad analogies. You cant mention the 'real world ' and Chavez in the same sentence.
Tom, with all due respect, using the opinion of the French and Chavez to exemplify the failure of Obama isnt necessary. There are many CREDIBLE reasons why he's failing all on his own.

JustRalph
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Now they are going to start tearing down statutes of him :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hFv1KDPbvngI1hk4Y8UFGhAJkDpg

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh, how quickly they turn:

"Barack Obama has yet to make a significant contribution to the Indonesian nation. We could say Obama only ate and s (expletive) in Menteng. He spent his subsequent days living as an American," the web page says.Another who thought they would never have to pay their mortgage or car loan bill again....:lol: Only this time, it was an entire country who thought the money train had rolled into the White House....:lol: :lol:

What a bunch of dolts.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Phantom, since your fairly new here, Tom and many others here in Off Topic have been pointing out that we really don't care what France and Europe think about us, or Chavez, etc. Tom makes these posts as his Finger to the famed liberal side Four Horsemen who used to wine and complain how Bush was making us lose our respect from the French and Europeans and around the world, and that the election of BO was going to turn that opinion of us back to favorable with all his policies that the Europeans had been advocating and complaining that Bush wouldn't do. Obviously, as most of us knew, France, Europe, the world, would complain and supposedly not like us in the U.S. anyway, so appeasing them instead of doing what we feel we need to do in our best interests and that of the overall world is what we need to do, not listen to public opinion polls in France, and what a couple unidentified, disgruntled diplomats tell a person a couple reporters from the U.S. that didn't agree with the U.S. President (Bush then.) We knew those type gravitate for the Michael Moore types anyway.

Tom
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
What he said! ;)

HUSKER55
01-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Have you ever wondered why suicide bombers never attack the whitehouse or members in congress.

it is always some hopless lost civilian out in the middle of whho knows what

Robert Goren
01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Have you ever wondered why suicide bombers never attack the whitehouse or members in congress.

it is always some hopless lost civilian out in the middle of WHO knows whatOne of the 9/11 planes was headed to the White House. The hijackers were over powered by some heroic passengers and it crashed in Pennsylvania.

cj's dad
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
One of the 9/11 planes was headed to the White House. The hijackers were over powered by some heroic passengers and it crashed in Pennsylvania.

And we know that how ?? Where did this supposed fact come from ??

Last I checked all on board died in the crash.

PhantomOnTour
01-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Ahhhh yes, and now the opinion of the Indonesian people have us up in arms. They are unhappy with Obama. AT ANY OTHER TIME AND ON ANY OTHER ISSUE 99% OF YOU WOULD NOT GIVE A SH*T WHAT INDONESIANS THINK. But when they have a problem with Obama well lets give them the podium and listen intently (all of a sudden)...the hypocrisy is laughable folks.

Tom
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
You missed the boat.
Next one comes in a half hour.

PhantomOnTour
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Many right leaning folks seem to take their behavioral direction from the left leaning folks (and vice versa); either in an attempt to mock or be sarcastic. But it comes across to me as monkey see-monkey do.
One side hates the other sides behavior so they repeat it...supposedly to show them how silly they are. Now who's being silly?

PhantomOnTour
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I get your point about the Libs wanting 'the world to like us and Barack is the guy to do it'. Yes, I know ya'll are saying 'look Libs, the world still doesnt like us...despite your boy being in office'

And hopefully you are also saying (between the lines), 'who cares if they like us...thats a Lib hang up'

I gotcha, and not trying to start a feud, but it sometimes seems a little much, ya know? :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
01-27-2010, 12:50 AM
So, NJ, why not enlighten those among who don't know where all this worldwide respect is coming from; curious minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

The Middle East, of course! :D

rastajenk
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM

Broke
Not safe
A laughing stock world-wideI predict the Obama-speak translation of that will be, "I am here (it's always about him, anyway) to report that the state of the Union is strong." :liar:

:eek:

:faint: