PDA

View Full Version : Dominguez catch Jackson Bend across the face?

Robert Fischer
01-24-2010, 01:22 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7343/facei.png

when Jackson Bend is joining the winner Winslow Homer and making his bid, Dominguez appears to contact Jackson Bend with the riding crop across the face - while in his "wind up" motion. It appears that Dominguez senses that and then rather than whip the hind quarters, he abbreviates to a chop on the shoulder.

Probably more a change of margin than finish order, although there is certainly room for thought if you believe the contact did happen with how the momentum of the place horse appeared to end with the contact.

Some real nice stop-action film photos on horsephotos.com but they don't show the frames up to where the contact appears to have occured.

I always like when Dominguez has the lead because I believe(in addition to perfectly coaxing home speed) he intimidates with the whip, however I don't recall him actually contacting a horse.

bisket
01-24-2010, 02:13 PM
dominguez is a little hesitant to change hands and whip a horse on the opposite side of the runner he is anlongside. bad memories of the afleet alex preakness i guess :faint: