PDA

View Full Version : Can Ron Charles, President of Santa Anita, can he be that stuiped?

Igeteven
01-23-2010, 10:20 PM
This morning Ron Charles, President of Santa Anita said on the radio, the Board of Directors have not made of the mind when they change the track for the third time they made still keep a synthetic Track.

He out of his mind? Now we see management jump from the fire into the frying pan.

What is so hard to put in a natural dirt track and forgetting about it.

Let the horses run and players play.

Lets get back to real racing.

Thank You

Igeteven, A Brain Surgeon or a Rocket Scientist, for hire, Please write.

P.O. Box 666, Santa Anita Infield Tunnel, Santa Anita, Ca 66666

toussaud
01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
I said it to someone else.. if they are really that dumb and put another synethic track in.. i will never play a southern california track a day in my life, no stakes, no breeders cup, no derby day, nothing. if they do that cali racing can die for all i care.

Igeteven
01-23-2010, 10:33 PM
A lot of players, trainers, and owners agree with you 100 %

Quackfan
01-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Lets not crucify them until they have claimed to be the Messiah. :faint:

rrbauer
01-24-2010, 11:00 AM
The people that own Santa Anita also own Golden Gate where a synthetic surface has performed well. If you've been around racing very long you know that Santa Anita has taken it in the shorts when there's been continued heavy rains in spite of what the track surface might have been. Replacing the current track with dirt is no panacea for their problems. If there were dirt out there it wouldn't drain any better than the synthetic; and, there would be the added risk of having parts of the dirt cushion wash away creating "holes" that cause horses to take a bad step.

Since I don't play the California tracks anymore (exception being the BC) I really don't care what they do. At the rate they're going in a couple years there won't be enough horse population there to race more than three days a week on whatever surfaces they have.

Igeteven
01-24-2010, 11:21 AM
The people that own Santa Anita also own Golden Gate where a synthetic surface has performed well. If you've been around racing very long you know that Santa Anita has taken it in the shorts when there's been continued heavy rains in spite of what the track surface might have been. Replacing the current track with dirt is no panacea for their problems. If there were dirt out there it wouldn't drain any better than the synthetic; and, there would be the added risk of having parts of the dirt cushion wash away creating "holes" that cause horses to take a bad step.

Since I don't play the California tracks anymore (exception being the BC) I really don't care what they do. At the rate they're going in a couple years there won't be enough horse population there to race more than three days a week on whatever surfaces they have.

Management doesn't care if one plays or not, they know there are hard core players that will still continue to play if they were running on concrete.

Charles has his whales that he takes care of and the regular player are replaced daily.

He sets up races for the whales, that they can win the big pick 4's or take the pick six down by wheeling, wheeling and wheeling, and they do.

Now welcome to Santa Anita, leave your money and go home.

jballscalls
01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
always find it hilarious when a guy calls another guy stupid, and then misspells the word stupid :lol: :lol:

pot calling the kettle black anyone

joanied
01-24-2010, 11:41 AM
always find it hilarious when a guy calls another guy stupid, and then misspells the word stupid :lol: :lol:

Everyone makes typos:faint:

PhantomOnTour
01-24-2010, 11:42 AM

Are you makin fuin of him? :lol: :lol:

But seriously folks...dirt would have handled the Cali monsoon better than poly because you can seal a dirt track. To my knowledge you cannot seal poly or pro ride or tapeta...or kitty litter.

Saratoga_Mike
01-24-2010, 11:44 AM

But seriously folks...dirt would have handled the Cali monsoon better than poly because you can seal a dirt track. To my knowledge you cannot seal poly or pro ride or tapeta...or kitty litter.

Michael Dickinson has claimed (I know he isn't a disinterested party) that the Tapeta surface can withstand 6 inches of rain with no problems. That's the comment he's made in the past. I don't know his opinion on anything more than that.

toussaud
01-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I really am not concerned what cali racing is setup for or who is in with who. it's very simple.

synethic= i'm done

too many other.. good.. options

Igeteven
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Michael Dickinson has claimed (I know he isn't a disinterested party) that the Tapeta surface can withstand 6 inches of rain with no problems. That's the comment he's made in the past. I don't know his opinion on anything more than that.

Ron and the board of directors are stupid too even consider another plastic track. however, they are thinking about it.

What is going on? kickbacks, etc. What is the real reason ? Why are they sticking it up our ass to bets these type of track, I can see track personal, supporting the tracks, their pay check depends on it. So I can't take their opinion with a grain of salt.

IMO, The Players , Owners, and Trainers don't want it. Do they care, hell no, they want their carryovers and make the track almost impossible to handicap.

That's all they want.

Welcome to Santa Anita, leave your money and now go home.

andymays
01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I really am not concerned what cali racing is setup for or who is in with who. it's very simple.

synethic= i'm done

too many other.. good.. options

Listen to the Roger Stein show archive for today (1-24)

http://www.rogerstein.com/radio/archive2.asp

Earlier today I got this email from Marsha Naify after I sent out an email (below) about a meeting to take place next month about California racing. Her words are very encouraging so we'll see. I deleted the email addresses.

You have to read from the bottom up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for responding and I appreciate your words.

Believe it or not you are the first person in the California Horse Racing hierarchy to say something that makes good sense. I hope the meeting is productive and I hope there are people there to stick up for the Horseplayer.

Thanks,

Andy

-------------------------------------------------
Andy,

The point of the summit is to get all viewpoints aired. The article didn't say it, but there will be testimony on why these new surfaces don't work, and we intend to hear all view points. We want an open discussion and we want owners and trainers to be able to stay what they want. There is nothing sacred, including the polytrack at Del Mar, and if enough people think it is bad, then we will do something about it. As the Chair of the TOC, my job is to stay neutral for now and get the facts out there. And make sure the owners and trainers and the fans get heard. So nobody is telling anybody whats best. This is a start to get this stuff aired out in the open.

I do appreciate your viewpoint and comments and welcome yours and anybody else's input.

Marsha Naify
Chair, Thoroughbred Owners of California
----------------------------------------------------------------
In a message dated 1/24/2010 5:35:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, andy writes:

The solution they will come up with is to tax the Horseplayers (raise the take) so we can do a study and perfect Poly Misery. Keenland/Polytrack is the mother ship of all the propaganda. I’m sure they’ll have their Polytrack talking points and enlighten us all.

Quit telling us what’s best for us,

Andy

Saratoga_Mike
01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Ron and the board of directors are stupid too even consider another plastic track. however, they are thinking about it.

What is going on? kickbacks, etc. What is the real reason ? Why are they sticking it up our ass to bets these type of track, I can see track personal, supporting the tracks, their pay check depends on it. So I can't take their opinion with a grain of salt.

IMO, The Players , Owners, and Trainers don't want it. Do they care, hell no, they want their carryovers and make the track almost impossible to handicap.

That's all they want.

Welcome to Santa Anita, leave your money and now go home.

I don't bet California racing anymore specifically because of the synthetic tracks. But if they had to put in a synthetic surface, I believe the Tapeta surface would have been better than their ultimate choice.

bisket
01-24-2010, 12:55 PM

sure you can seal a polytrack. they did in jan of 2008. i was really hoping they would do it again :D . (by the way thats not laughter thats a cackle) :p

Igeteven
01-24-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't bet California racing anymore specifically because of the synthetic tracks. But if they had to put in a synthetic surface, I believe the Tapeta surface would have been better than their ultimate choice.

Mike

We need the most is THE MOST NATURAL DIRT TRACK THAT MAN CAN PUT IN, is that so hard to figure out.

Quitting California, I don't blame you for that, Thousands have done so, The CHRB and the Track management have killed the handle and hurt horse racing out here it may not ever recover.

bisket
01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
i'm not saying santa anita should put in tapeta, but dickinson had the surface at his farm for years. so dickinson knew what his surface was about before he tryed to sell it to tracks. although dickinson has the rights to the tapeta surface, and not keenland :rolleyes: what brought this all about was the fact that dickinson trained da hoss over tapeta before the hoss' suprise win at the cup. keenland copied the idea, but changed the makeup, and sold it to the tracks.

Saratoga_Mike
01-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Mike

We need the most is THE MOST NATURAL DIRT TRACK THAT MAN CAN PUT IN, is that so hard to figure out.

Quitting California, I don't blame you for that, Thousands have done so, The CHRB and the Track management have killed the handle and hurt horse racing out here it may not ever recover.

Totally agree.

rwwupl
01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Excerpt from e-mail above:

The solution they will come up with is to tax the Horseplayers (raise the take) so we can do a study and perfect Poly Misery. Keenland/Polytrack is the mother ship of all the propaganda. I’m sure they’ll have their Polytrack talking points and enlighten us all.

Quit telling us what’s best for us,

Andy

I am glad you got a good response from the TOC, but we have heard the kind words before only to get ignored.

The above statement is more in character with what we have got in the past

andymays
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Excerpt from e-mail above:

I am glad you got a good response from the TOC, but we have heard the kind words before only to get ignored.

The above statement is more in character with what we have got in the past

I don't think they ever expected the wave of negativity that's being directed their way in California. Hopefully they'll get it right if it isn't too late already.

gm10
01-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Why was TUP canceled all week?

Tom
01-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Andy, they already plan to waste months of time by not doing the track work until August. What does that tell about their sincerity of doing the right thing?
Bet thy don't even address the drainage.

They should start an hour after the last race this spring.
I predict........a replay of the last two meetings early on, no matter what surface they put down (or should I say "slap" down?)

There just isn't enough brain-power left in California to fix this. The moron parade has found a permanent home.

andymays
01-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Andy, they already plan to waste months of time by not doing the track work until August. What does that tell about their sincerity of doing the right thing?
Bet thy don't even address the drainage.

They should start an hour after the last race this spring.
I predict........a replay of the last two meetings early on, no matter what surface they put down (or should I say "slap" down?)

There just isn't enough brain-power left in California to fix this. The moron parade has found a permanent home.

There has been a shift in power over the last month and I think better people are in charge. In post #13 the email I received from Marsha Naify was surprising to say the least and her tone was positive.

Believe it or not many of them read this board. Maybe the pounding is paying off and we will see positive results.

I think they'll get the surface right this time.

If it would help I could donate my 4 vCash to the cause! :D