PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Exec. in new reality series

joanied
01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
:eek: ...thought this was interesting...

"The new CBS reality series, UNDERCOVER BOSS, which follows high-level chief executives as they slip anonymously into the rank and file of their companies, will debut at a special time following the Super Bowl, Sunday, Feb. 7 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/7:00-8:00 PM, PT, time approximate after Post Game coverage) on the CBS Television Network.

The series moves to its regular Sunday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on Feb. 14.

Each week a different executive will leave the comfort of their corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their company. While working alongside their employees, they will see the effects their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organization and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their company run.

Companies whose chief executives will make the undercover journey include such corporate giants as Waste Management (Larry O'Donnell, President and C.O.O.), 7-Eleven (Joseph M. DePinto, President and C.E.O.), Hooters (Coby G. Brooks, President and C.E.O.), White Castle (Dave Rife, Owner/Executive Board Member) and Churchill Downs (William C. Carstanjen, C.O.O.).

The premiere episode of UNDERCOVER BOSS will follow Larry O'Donnell, the President and C.O.O. of Waste Management, as he works alongside his employees, cleaning porta-potties, sorting waste at one of their recycling plants, collecting garbage from a landfill and even being fired for the first time in his life. O'Donnell's mission is to garner an up-close look at his company and workforce to see how and where improvements can be made from both an operational and morale standpoint."

We don't watch these reality series things (except 'Jockeys')...but when this show starts, I'm gonna be sure to check what it's about every week until the Churchill executive is on...that should be a hoot...and I do hope the 'other employees' he works with let him know what's really going on within the sport... at any rate...it should be fun to watch.

CBedo
03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I've watched first few episodes of this and it's somewhat enertaining. The Churchill Downs COO episode is the next new episode, two weeks from tonight I believe.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
I watched the one about White Castle. I have to say, it had to be bad press to show that owner of White Castle who had to lose all that weight in order to save his life...plus you had that White Castle worker they showed who had all sorts of heart and weight problems herself...

They didn't say the cause was from eating White Castle, but anyone watching the show was thinking exactly that...:lol:

It will be interesting to watch the Churchill COO in action...

For the record, I love White Castle...I just don't eat there very often...

joanied
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
White Castle...brings back memories...we used it as a hangout in high school...there was one on Hempstead T'pike somewhere... anyway, I haven't seen any of this show, but will for sure watch the Churchill Downs episode....I suspect we'll see this guy mucking stalls:D

CBedo
03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I've seen all four episodes so far, and I thought the White Castle one was probably the weakest of the bunch, although I still enjoyed it. Seeing the Waste Management president getting fired for not picking up enough trash, or the Hooters president having to bite his lip as a manager treated some girls very poorly was really interesting to watch.

I'm looking forward to the Churchill episode.

startngate
03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
The only episode I caught was the 7-11 show, which I thought was great. It was nice to see the CEO make some good corporate changes based on his experiences, and to give the employees he worked with some props and a chance to do more for the company.

Will be interesting to see what happens during the CD episode ... I hope he gets to spend some time among the betting public.

my_nameaintearl
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
White Castle...brings back memories...we used it as a hangout in high school...there was one on Hempstead T'pike somewhere... anyway, I haven't seen any of this show, but will for sure watch the Churchill Downs episode....I suspect we'll see this guy mucking stalls:D

Yea theres still that white castle down there in west hemstead. But i always choose to eat at the checkers.