Are we missing something?

boxcar
01-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Just in case somebody missed this,

China increase in GDP was 10%

Indias increase in GDP was 7%

USA went for a 2%.

Are we missing something?

Yes! For starters, we're missing a true American president.

Boxcar

skate
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Even the-skate, as kool as he is, can't quite discribe the morphing.

The only angle (USA) to improve:bang: ...would be...

Um, say hey PA, would you mind removing ALL the Smiles from thy board?

thanks

46zilzal
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Just in case somebody missed this,

China increase in GDP was 10%

Indias increase in GDP was 7%

USA went for a 2%.

Send all the work away, let the corporations have BIG tax loopholes to STAY there and this joint is going to continue going downhill....NOT to mention the BILLIONS WASTED on stupid useless wars.

Greyfox
01-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Send all the work away, let the corporations have BIG tax loopholes to STAY there and this joint is going to continue going downhill....NOT to mention the BILLIONS WASTED on stupid useless wars.

I phone the dealer across the Street. I'm greeted by a woman in India.

PhantomOnTour
01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I phone the dealer across the Street. I'm greeted by a woman in India.
Classic :lol:

Valuist
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM

So you want to RAISE taxes on businesses which will keep hiring down, and just encourage them to leave the US for a better deal? Seems like far left leaning Keynesian economics.......which never works.

DJofSD
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
You shop at Walmart and everything you buy is made in China and then you're surprised by those numbers?

boxcar
01-23-2010, 11:59 AM

Apparently those "BIG tax loopholes" ain't cuttin' it, otherwise corporations would be incentivized to stay here rather than flee from a hostile business environment created by the government. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

skate
01-23-2010, 02:02 PM

Are you still thinking that UncleGeorge was the reason for the down towers.?

You seem to make so much sense, when you refer to the horses, why not induce yourself and become a little more Utilitarian, i'm beggin ya!:cool:

Look look , ifin you jump tracks you can find the current situation (GDP,Jobs,Taxes) has been ongoing for at least 30years, i really do not give a nut who was in the House.

!980 congress made $64,000, plus bennys. Today they make $175,000 plus and plus.
Working man can't pay for Health care, because he is still making $50,000/yr.

Simple simple and simpler.

skate
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I think Keynesian gets a BAD rap, i could be wrong.

His ideas, according to him, should only go so far out, before stopping. People have come to conclude, that to spend means to "Spend forever, without correction".
Not his belief, i believe.

In other words, to spend 3%/4% of GDP, is necessary, inflation comes to play and then you can withdraw. I could be wrong, but...
Ks belief is not Spend spend spend...

Valuist
01-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Keynesian economics believes that bigger government involvement is the answer......and that often means spend, spend, spend.

boxcar
01-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Keynesian economics believes that bigger government involvement is the answer......and that often means spend, spend, spend.

That's the way I understand it, too.

Boxcar

46zilzal
01-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Are you still thinking that UncleGeorge was the reason for the down towers.?

Well known it was little Ronnie, who accounted for rolling back controls on banks and businesses. Old rutabaga wasn't smart enough for that. BY HIMSELF

DJofSD
01-23-2010, 03:35 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4900000/take-what-you-can-give-nothing-back-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4998280-1280-875.jpg

skate
01-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Well known it was little Ronnie, who accounted for rolling back controls on banks and businesses. Old rutabaga wasn't smart enough for that. BY HIMSELF

Zilly;

You've got some bad bad bad information.

Carter was actually the one to loosen controls on the banks, but the law didn't go anyplace. The law was in place (forgot the name) but no action until Your buddy Bill, 1995 his Treasury used Carters Banking Law.
What Carters law did , when put into action under FishbellyBill, was to force the Banks to make LOANS without regard to credit ratings.

Term, "The New CRA Regs", for the National Community Reinvestment Coalition.

All this came from the neo-Libs attempt to eliminate the practice of Zoning.
Areas were off limits to minorities. So , again , with good intentions and bad ideas, the libs struck again. It took some years, but here we stand