PDA

View Full Version : The Mid-Atlantic Co-op and TrackNet...

InTheRiver68
01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
...have apparently resolved their differences. The Co-op can wager on TrackNet tracks immediately, I understand.

Anyone know the terms? Which side decided to give in?

- InTheRiver68

Mike_412
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Where did you hear/read this?

arno
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I came back from Monmouth Park a few minutes ago.
I heard tomorrow they will be taking all TrackNet tracks.

KM1234
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I just got off the phone with 4njbets.com, and they told me nothing is official.

levinmpa
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
My Philadelphia Park Phonebet Account is showing Fairgrounds, Golden Gate, Gulfstream, and Oaklawn on the menu. They weren't there earlier today. It's about time.

massman
01-22-2010, 03:54 PM
suffolk downs web site says starting saturday they will be taking gulf etc

KM1234
01-22-2010, 04:02 PM
The impasse is over.

fronti
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Just got an email from the Big M.... Back in NJ Sat.

Jeff P
01-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I asked someone at the Mid Atlantic Coop to confirm it for me and received the following email reply a few minutes ago:

Hi Jeff, that is correct - an agreement was reached and we will begin
simulcasting the Tracknet signals tomorrow. I believe Marty & Tracknet
are working on a joint press release to put out today which would
probably have more details - but I did want to confirm that for you.

-jp

grimm7
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Terms of the deal will not be released including length of contract. Both sides were wrong and are trying to save face.

NJ Stinks
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Just in time for the Magna 5 too! :cool:

Here's the info from DRF. com:
__________________________________________________ _

Headlines | Posted 1/22/2010, 4:53 pm
Mid-Atlantic simulcast dispute is settled

By Marty McGee
An agreement has been reached in the months-long stalemate that precluded racing fans in seven Mid-Atlantic states from wagering on signals from major North American tracks, it was announced Friday by representatives of the companies on both sides of the dispute.

TrackNet Media, which controls the rights to simulcast signals from tracks such as Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita, Fair Grounds, and Oaklawn Park, has agreed to terms with the MidAtlantic Cooperative, a coalition of simulcast sites. A contract between the two groups had expired on Oct. 31, and the failure to reach a new deal prior to Friday had prevented the simulcast sites from offering the TrackNet signals, including that of the entire Churchill Downs fall meet.

More at the link below:

http://drf.com/news/article/110317.html

SoCalCircuit
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Gulfstream officials acknowledged that a substantial factor in the 37 percent drop in handle on its opening-day card Jan. 3 could be attributed to MidAtlantic bettors being shut out.

HMMM YOU THINK SO???

InsideThePylons-MW
01-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm sure Tracknet thinks that with the return of their signal that the horseplayer whores will go back to betting their signals as usual.

I wish Tracknet was wrong about their customers but I would have to say they are probably right.

Back to business as usual and Tracknet's mantra....screw the horseplayers because they love getting screwed.

NJ Stinks
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm sure Tracknet thinks that with the return of their signal that the horseplayer whores will go back to betting their signals as usual.

I wish Tracknet was wrong about their customers but I would have to say they are probably right.

Back to business as usual and Tracknet's mantra....screw the horseplayers because they love getting screwed.

I must admit I'm looking forward to playing turf races at Gulfstream, InsideThePylons. But I got a new appreciation for Tampa during the damn break and plan to continue playing a lot there.

DeanT
01-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I was gonna make a bet at GP today, but then I remembered, they don't like me.

I played TP instead. I dont think they like me too much either perhaps, but I felt better giving them some business.

Tom
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I was gonna make a bet at GP today, but then I remembered, they don't like me.

I played TP instead. I dont think they like me too much either perhaps, but I felt better giving them some business.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::jump::ThmbUp::ThmbUp: