PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi -"We don't have the votes"

ArlJim78
01-21-2010, 12:36 PM
haha, let the crying begin.
Madam Pelosi says (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/01/pelosi-there-arent-enough-votes-to-pass-the-senate-bill.php)that there are not enough votes in the house to pass the senate bill.

"I don't see the votes for it at this time," Pelosi said. "The members have been very clear in our caucus about the fact that they didn't like it before it had the Nebraska provision and some of the other provisions that are unpalatable to them."

"In every meeting that we have had, there would be nothing to give me any thought that that bill could pass right now the way that it is," she said. "There isn't a market right now for proceeding with the full bill unless some big changes are made."

thank you Massachusetts!! we owe you big time.

boxcar
01-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Music to my ears...

Not only that but in the article I read, Pelosi was quoted (to paraphrase) "that there's no big rush on this". :lol: :lol: That's really funny considering that it's been touted all along that the health care system in this country is in a "crisis". I guess the election of Brown was a very good thing for his country. Apparently, it brought an end to a crisis. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

GaryG
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Whatever bill is finally passed will be sans the Cornhusker Kickback and probably the Louisiana Purchase as well. But, Ben Nelson still has to face the home folks at the polls. Bye Ben, you are being replaced by a Republican.

Robert Goren
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Ben isn't up for re election till 2012.

lamboguy
01-21-2010, 01:32 PM
this bill is dead, but now the next one is going to wind up robbing you for less than this one, and then they are going to tell you how nice a fellows they are to give you a break and rob you for half as much on a "bi-partisan health insurance bill"

boxcar
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
this bill is dead, but now the next one is going to wind up robbing you for less than this one, and then they are going to tell you how nice a fellows they are to give you a break and rob you for half as much on a "bi-partisan health insurance bill"

It unlikely the "next one" by Dems will happen during this administration. The $64. question is: Will the Party of Stupid get some smarts after November's elections and seize the initiative by putting forth its own free market solutions to health care?

Boxcar

ArlJim78
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Republicans should run on a sensible health care reform plan in 2010. but in my view this congress had it's chance and blew it big time. they tried to do it themselves behind closed doors and ram it thru in the middle of the night. They called anyone who disagreed brownshirts, evildoers, nazi's etc. there can be NO working with these people on some compromise which would likely be just as smelly as the crap they've been peddling.

these people have to be defeated and run out of town before anything sensible can happen.

lamboguy
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
It unlikely the "next one" by Dems will happen during this administration. The $64. question is: Will the Party of Stupid get some smarts after November's elections and seize the initiative by putting forth its own free market solutions to health care?

Boxcarunfortunately, this health insurance bill was the exact same spitting image as the tomney republican bill that romney left us with here in mass. all that really happened is when they presented this health insurance bill initially the republicans told them they were going to go along with it, and then something happend, THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS. these things happen quite often in dirty politics. the bottom line is that the democrats will all be voted out of office next time for taking the blame for trying to fleece the public out of their money. the public was 80% against the whole deal and yet they pushed it.

illinoisbred
01-21-2010, 02:08 PM
The Progressive bunch have proven themselves to be nothing more than an unmitigated trainwreck. Until they can be removed by ballot, they need to crawl back under the rock from whence they came.

LottaKash
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
This is truly "good news"....

Ultra progressives, are the scum of the earth....Another word to describe them would be "communists".....They would have everyone under their thumb...I am sure that was their intent, with this bill...

If a government can control your health care decisions, that is way too much power, imo....In fact the though of it scares me..

best,

Pell Mell
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't recall the details but I seem to remember Sen. Corker from TN had what, at the time, seemed like a pretty good plan for health care reform but the Dems wern't listening.

Anyone recall what it was?

NJ Stinks
01-21-2010, 05:10 PM
The Progressive bunch have proven themselves to be nothing more than an unmitigated trainwreck. Until they can be removed by ballot, they need to crawl back under the rock from whence they came.

Yea, why try to help anybody. What a stupid idea. What we need are more Republicans just to make sure insurance rates go up unimpeded. :rolleyes:

illinoisbred
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Yea, why try to help anybody. What a stupid idea. What we need are more Republicans just to make sure insurance rates go up unimpeded. :rolleyes:
No, I'm not for the republican antics either. But help anybody-do you really believe this garbage was going to be of any help? I'm getting quite a kick out of Pelosi saying today -the votes aren't there when yesterday in the middle of what appeared to be a nervous breakdown she stated they would still get it passed and it would more or less be shoved down our throats good or bad. The Progressives are out of touch with the majority of the American people. So out of touch that their heads will roll before they ever get the message.

prospector
01-21-2010, 06:31 PM
all members could still do some good if they just break up the bill..
preexisting conditions first, followed by letting ins companies compete nationwide, and tort reform..
if they insist on pissing away our money they could invest our funds into a fund the keeps people from going bankrupt with serious illnesses..like cancer..

Shemp Howard
01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Suffolk Downs, weather clear, track fast, Whopper 2-1.

I'm vacationing in Mass this summer.;)

newtothegame
01-21-2010, 09:45 PM

One funny poster.....
You try to twist it into repugs dont want to help anyone.....
Why you fail to completely finish that story amazes me.....it should go like "why try to help anyone? What a stupid idea. Even if its at another person expense. You should all want to rob peter to pay paul".

ElKabong
01-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Republicans should run on a sensible health care reform plan in 2010. .

I agree. Do it right. Do it slowly. Can be done. But it's gotta be done right and it's gotta be in the open for all to see how the sausage gets made w/ this thing.