PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews vs. Howard Dean

Golf and Horses
01-21-2010, 12:55 AM
This is very entertaining. It's like an Abbott and Costello routine!
http://www.breitbart.tv/msnbcs-matthews-vs-howard-dean-youre-whistling-past-the-graveyard/

bigmack
01-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Here we have an apt start to the sniping that will push forward. We're now about to have a battle between progressives & Dems.

Given the initial blush of things, this could get ugly.

ui4ElSz_bKU

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2010, 08:45 AM
They have 1 year to fix themselves before the congressional elections, but 3 years to fix themselves before the next presidential election. Clinton's first year they went way off form too but still won in '96, with the continued split Dole & Perot. Everybody needs to get it right before their next elections, and do their best to convince the independents, as well as their own party, that they've got it together.

Every few years, same thing - new elections, and Manson comes up for parole. Gotta stay dilligent.

Robert Goren
01-21-2010, 08:59 AM
In 1996 Clinton barely got more votes than Dole and Perot combined.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2010, 09:32 AM
In 1996 Clinton barely got more votes than Dole and Perot combined.

Yup. But it was enough that year.

johnhannibalsmith
01-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Great video... I've got to hand it to Matthews, that was one of the best interrogations I've seen in a while. Dean, he must be an attorney, no? Rarely do you hear a guy just make a guy using that level of double-talk impeach himself repeatedly and belabor the fact that he is making no sense whatsoever.

I'm glad to have seen that and to have seen Matthews ask Dean the exact question that I would have asked. I've hard that same argument a few times now from health-care supporters and I must say, I have the exact same level of confusion that Matthews was conveying.

Good clip Mack... thanks.

witchdoctor
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Dean, he must be an attorney, no? Rarely do you hear a guy just make a guy using that level of double-talk impeach himself repeatedly and belabor the fact that he is making no sense whatsoever.

Actually he graduated from medical school.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
If Howard Dean went to med school, he should know it's too dangerous to stick ones head up their ass that far. Geeze. He was the leader of the Democratic Party up until recently. No wonder they're so out of touch and messed up.

ElKabong
01-21-2010, 10:34 PM
They have 1 year to fix themselves before the congressional elections, but 3 years to fix themselves before the next presidential election. Clinton's first year they went way off form too but still won in '96, with the continued split Dole & Perot. .

Good points, Steve. But here's where i see the split from Slick and 0bie.

in 1994 Slick had a newly created and highly focused repub congress pushing thru real changes & improvements. They had a defined direction and sped ahead & did so with the good wishes of American voters.

What followed was a few yrs of Slick being lead by the nose by a repub congress, things went well. America was "happy".....0bie s/b so lucky.

2010 0bie is going to have a very spilt house and senate. Not only are the dems at each other's throats and pointing fingers over "who's to blame", they now are seeing their momentum gone. And the repubs won't have anywhere near the #'s to pass meaningful legislation the next 2 yrs.....IOW, we're looking at gridlock the next 2 yrs.

0bie is in Political Pergatory. Just waiting for the axe to come down on his clownass. If Hilary has the energy, she should run and try a 1980 Kennedy type of coup....only difference is, this time the dems would be receptive. Look at the dem underground, fully 1/3 of the posters there are OFF 0bie's bandwagon for good. And that forum is the damn bastion of his base.

He's toast. If he moves right like Slick did, his existing base leaves....if he stays left, he'll get Coakley'd bigtime.

There are no similarities between slick 1994, and 0bie 2010....jmo

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Sound analysis, ElKabong. Hope it turns out that way. I normally hate gridlock, but it is better than questionable legistlation with obvious bad after affects. Hard to compromise on a bill that sows the seeds for many financial suicides and homicides.

bigmack
01-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Now we've got Matthews against this complete maroon from FL

b3YKIKNUCFs

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
No wonder that Grayson character doesn't like to go on adversarial interviews... he shows up on MSNBC and gets shit on for being ignorant... Another funny clip courtesy of knucklehead Matthews.

NJ Stinks
01-23-2010, 12:58 AM
If Howard Dean went to med school, he should know it's too dangerous to stick ones head up their ass that far. Geeze. He was the leader of the Democratic Party up until recently. No wonder they're so out of touch and messed up.

The Dems won just about everything in sight while Dean was charge. You could look it up but why let facts get in the way of nonsense.

Hint: The guy served from 2005 to Jan. 2009. Think about it. :rolleyes:

bigmack
01-23-2010, 01:01 AM
You could look it up but why let facts get in the way of nonsense.
A tripe little saying from Stewart Smallie sure has gone viral in your camp.

Howard Dean :lol: :lol:

NJ Stinks
01-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Good points, Steve. But here's where i see the split from Slick and 0bie.

in 1994 Slick had a newly created and highly focused repub congress pushing thru real changes & improvements. They had a defined direction and sped ahead & did so with the good wishes of American voters.

What followed was a few yrs of Slick being lead by the nose by a repub congress, things went well. America was "happy".....0bie s/b so lucky.

Don't forget to put your tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy too.

ElKabong
01-23-2010, 01:09 AM
The Dems won just about everything in sight while Dean was charge. You could look it up but why let facts get in the way of nonsense.

Hint: The guy served from 2005 to Jan. 2009. Think about it. :rolleyes:

ah, I knew there was a reason why the unemployment rate went bezerk the last 3 years.....

Look, Dean's entire schtick was to bitch and moan about how "bad" everything was at the time. Looking back, give me 2005, ok? Right now his boy is really struggling with the realities of the white house, all the while losing elections in New Jersey and Massachussets of all places.

We're finding out NOW just how bad the shit really gets. And the future doesn't look so hot with the clueless fock sitting in the oval office.

Usually I get a kick out of seeing the whip get reversed on an arrogant incompetent fool's ass. Problem here is, we're all losing b/c of it. Not just 0bie and his ship jumping Rats that were elected in Dean's term.