PDA

View Full Version : For Those That Wonder About Rachel Alexandra

OntheRail
01-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Seems to of been about the weather and not some illness or injury. ;)

http://www.drf.com/images/RachelAlex_300x220_1410.jpg
Rachel nearing first workout.. :jump: .
http://www.drf.com/news/article/110239.html

11cashcall
01-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Coat looks good along with her attitude towards the bit.Shes still a way off
from race form & was glad to hear that the connections say Apr. 3 is not a target.With a 6-7 race schedule for 2010,A May start sounds abt right.

Citation1947
01-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Coat looks good along with her attitude towards the bit.Shes still a way off
from race form & was glad to hear that the connections say Apr. 3 is not a target.With a 6-7 race schedule for 2010,A May start sounds abt right.

Unless there are major set backs along the way, it shouldn't take more than 60-75 days to have her back to being fit enough for a race. It's not like she has been laid-up for an extended period of time and she isnt just beginning to learn the game as a youngster. I can assure you she hasn't lost that much since her last race.

If her connections say otherwise, then my guess is they are looking to avoid Zenyatta early on(which they should) - put a tightener under her first and then butt heads. I'm not the rushing type, but I see no reason to wait until May.

Show Me the Wire
01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
................................. I'm not the rushing type, but I see no reason to wait until May.

:ThmbUp:

11cashcall
01-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh,i dont think she's going to Oaklawn Park or Sam Houston for that matter....LOL!

ZephyrHawk
01-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I decree April 30th (in accordance with prophecy).

11cashcall
01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I decree April 30th (in accordance with prophecy).

You heard did'nt you!

joanied
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Rachel will let them know when she's ready...looks great in that photo...when ever it is that she comes back...is OK...the main thing is she IS coming back1
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Zenyatta To Crush
01-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Argue against my predictions as the odds of this being accurate are near 2%. But I thought I'd take a stab at it:

Zenyatta's Schedule
March 13 - Santa Margarita H. - Santa Anita Park
April 30 - La Troienne H. - Churchill Downs or a stakes race at Hollywood Park around the same date (the schedule is not up yet)
June 12 - Stephen Foster - Churchill Downs

Rachel's Schedule
March 27 - TBA Stakes - Fairgrounds (I bet they move the TBA Stakes made for Rachel back to Louisiana Derby Day, she won't be ready by March 13)
April 30 - La Troienne H. (If Zenyatta stays at Hollywood)
June 12 - Stephen Foster - Churchill Downs

I don't think the connections of Rachel want to face Zenyatta in their 2nd race off the break. I also don't think Zenyatta's connections want to face Rachel at 1-1/16. I kind of have a feeling they'll keep Zenyatta at Hollywood for her 2nd race, then ship her out in June, testing out the dirt track through the Breeders Cup.

There will probably be people upset that they are ducking each other when they don't both run in the La Troienne H., but I feel like they'll agree on the Stephen Foster. I'm sure Zenyatta's connections would like for there to be some honest pace in the race from males at 1-1/8 rather than cheap filly speed at 1-1/16.

I think the Apple Blossom is too soon after the Santa Margarita for Zenyatta and I don't think Rachel will be ready for it.

Just my opinion, I have between a 98%-100% chance of being wrong, but still fun to think about.

ExoticDancer
01-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Zenyatta doesn't want any part of Rachel or the boys until November. Zenyatta will run twice on poly and then twice on dirt against the girls. She will not face males on dirt until the BC.

Rachel and the connections will make sure that if Zenyatta wants to take her on it's at Belmont or Churchill.

Again the connections for Zenyatta will take the softest route possible to the BC.

andymays
01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.nola.com/horseracing/index.ssf/2010/01/trainer_steve_asmussen_overwhe.html

Excerpt:

Concerning a possible match-up between Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta, Asmussen said also said that he’d like to see three or four meetings.

He also said that six or seven races would be an ideal campaign this season for Rachel Alexandra.

joanied
01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I guess it's fun to speculate on all this...but, for me...I'll wait until about the 1st of March before I look for anything planned for each mare...the one thing that is for certain...both mares will race at least twice before they meet...Rachel proably 3 times...each mare's trainer must be 100% certain that their mare is 100% ready for an epic battle...and it will be epic, IMO:jump: