PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Cancels Thursday Racing

ponyplayer
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
What a surprise...... :p

Zaf
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Glad I didn't download the file & start capping. How is it looking for Saturday ?

Thanks,

Z

Stillriledup
01-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Check the weather forecast. I would imagine they're going to try and get Saturday's card in. Friday, well, if its still raining than i don't see them racing Friday either.

Tom
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM
All weather track.....means they will cancel in all weather! :lol:

ponyplayer
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
http://www.santaanita.com/press/pressrelease/2010/01/live-racing-cancelled-friday-santa-anita-weather-outlook-good-weekend

LIVE RACING CANCELLED FOR FRIDAY AT SANTA ANITA, WEATHER OUTLOOK GOOD FOR THE WEEKEND

ARCADIA, Calif. (Jan. 21, 2010)—Live racing for Friday at Santa Anita has been cancelled due to continued wet conditions, but officials are optimistic that with a dry forecast in store for the weekend, racing will resume on Saturday.

“We’re told that the heavy rain is supposed to be clear of us by about noon tomorrow,” said Santa Anita President Ron Charles. “The weather outlook for the weekend is favorable and we are optimistic that if the forecast holds, we’re going to be able to run Saturday and Sunday. As we’ve said, safety is our number one priority and we’ll continue to make all decisions based upon that.

“Even though it’s been raining hard at times over the past four days, we’ve seen a lot of improvement in the main track and the way it’s draining. However, we’re told we could get two or more inches of rain today, so we felt it would be in everyone’s best interest to make the decision to cancel Friday’s program this morning.”

Santa Anita will be open Friday for simulcast wagering on races run throughout America. Admission gates will open at 10:30 a.m. Santa Anita’s winter/spring meeting runs through April 18.

CincyHorseplayer
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
All weather track.....means they will cancel in all weather! :lol:

That's awesome!!!

I talked to the people at Turfway and told them they need to at least have the track designated as wet-fast when it rains because I noticed changes in the way the races were running.They told me it was an all weather surface.I said "It's not impervious to rain".Then I was asked to leave!!!

Needless to say I don't bet at Turfway anymore!!

Steve 'StatMan'
01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
That's awesome!!!

I talked to the people at Turfway and told them they need to at least have the track designated as wet-fast when it rains because I noticed changes in the way the races were running.They told me it was an all weather surface.I said "It's not impervious to rain".Then I was asked to leave!!!

Well, keeping notes about those kind of days might help you, since normal PPs won't tip you off, even if TP's staff didn't want you to notice the difference.

therussmeister
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
That's awesome!!!

That they refuse to give everyone information that I could easily obtain would be a reason for me to start betting Turfway.