PDA

View Full Version : BRIS REPORTS

Dave Schwartz
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Do you use BRIS reports?

If so, how much do you spend in a month?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

schweitz
01-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I use BRIS PP's almost every day and spend nothing because I wager with TwinSpires.

Dave Schwartz
01-20-2010, 04:26 PM
The emphasis is on what you actually spend.

raybo
01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
No category for me:

Less than $30 per month, only data files, no reports.

Dave Schwartz
01-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds like "Less than $30 per month" to me.

michiken
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Still being without a full time job, I fall in the $30 or less category.

I download just the data files.

raybo
01-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Sounds like "Less than $30 per month" to me.

I you say so, it's your poll. However, in the $100 categories you broke them down into data files and reports. You didn't do that for the <=$30 categories.

westny
01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
$0.00..I wager with Twinspires JUST to get Brisnet PP.

Space Monkey
01-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Same here. Nothing for the ultimate pp's because of twin spires. .80 per data file. Since I only have the time to play once or twice a week, I fall under the $30 a month category. Seems to me the Twin Spires/Brisnet connection is a popular one. A good deal for the consumer. A rarity in todays world.

bobphilo
01-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Ditto. I download the PP's free through my Twinspires account. While that means I spend zero on Brisnet data it is not correct to say that I never download any.
Dave, shouldn't the first choice be reworded to say that either I never download or get it for free or the 2 be 2 seperate choices?

Bob

inmahyt
01-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I live in NJ so no twinspires for me (stupid 4njbets or the track) .. however Bris has more information on their $1 PPs then there compitions 2 - 3 dollar offerings IMO

miesque
01-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Ditto on the free BRIS PP downloads on Twinspires.com

Tom
01-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Data files and results.

ranchwest
01-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Data files and results.

CBedo
01-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Data files and results.multicaps & comprehensive chart files. I think I get a couple pdf reports with the unlimited plan, but I never download them.

plainolebill
01-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Data files and results. Every racing day but still <$30.00.

Grits
01-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Again, like many, data files and results. Depending upon time of year, play ranges from weekends only, to both weekdays and weekends.

cj
01-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Mine was less than 100, but it is every day. I get the Unlimited Comprehensive Chart files.

David-LV
01-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I was receiving the Advantage Programs from TSN, using it for Pro Caps.
I had to shut down for a few months because of health problems, when I tried to re signup Bris told me no.

As far as I am concerned I would give up betting horses before I ever buy anything from these scumbags ever again. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

They have ZERO customer loyalty.

________
David-LV

Fingal
01-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Under $ 30, because the comma deleated files aren't free through TwinSpires, which I can't understand. :bang:

takeout
01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I can’t understand why they continue to have that irritating $20 minimum on their archives.

What is this anyway, market research?

The Hawk
01-23-2010, 09:56 AM
I had to shut down for a few months because of health problems, when I tried to re signup Bris told me no.

As far as I am concerned I would give up betting horses before I ever buy anything from these scumbags ever again. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

________
David-LV

I've used them here and there over the years, nothing steady. This post is enough to make me NEVER use them again, for anything.

speed
01-24-2010, 10:00 PM

________
David-LV

That is because Churchill owns them.

The worst management team, Churchill Downs Inc. in the industry.

jayfree41
01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I am not a paid booster of Brisnet products.

With that said -- Brisnet -- Ultimate Past Performances -- are the best handicapping product I've found to date. I would use them over DRF in a heartbeat (although I use them in tandem when trying to hit a big pick 6).

I have won Pick 6's ranging from $220,000 to $24,000 payoffs on more than 5 occasions in the last 18 months.

Ignore brisnet at your own peril.

Vinnie
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
jayfree41:

Very nice and congratulations on the Big Scores! :)

Tell me, how deep and how often do you go considerably deep on your tickets in attempting to hit the P6? Once again, super job and I congratulate you "Big Time"!! Hitting a P6 Ever is no small feat, let alone about a half a dozen times as you have within the past year and a half or so.

Very good stuff. I am only curious because I don't often play the P6, but, when I do I try to play it on the cheap most of the time.

Have a Great Day today.

jayfree41
01-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Vinnie.

Thanks for the compliment.

I have won big pick 6 scores - in the five to six figure range - for as high as an investment as $4000.00 to as little as $216.00.

I have also burned up some dough on some stupid overally wide pick 6 tickets. If you have to go too wide, you shouldn't play that day.

It really all boils down to good handicapping. Great handicapping can save you a lot of dough when it comes to the pick 6. Every "single" you can find can save you thousands of investment.

But as the experts say, you shouldn't play the pick 6 unless you can A. find one, two or three SINGLES. OR b. have a big bankroll.

My biggest score $212,000 (approximately) was on a $216 ticket. There was one single on that ticket.

mikeycpa
02-18-2010, 09:53 PM
I download frequently only product I will use, but don't bet some of those tracks, so that with a silver plan, I usually run in the 30's per month.
I am not able to reach either of those sites for the last hour or two tonight to download any reports, they're hanging up and not loading.

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 01:57 AM
Have not paid for a handicapping product since May.
Briwatch PP's are free and I find personally that most races that are not sponsored by a trainer,sire, or farm are races that I would not want to wager on anyway.
My database is free from my software supplier. I have found that building my own data and filters from scratch using track charts has sharpened my game.

Twinspires Express has more meaningful data than any other platform I have used. Jockey, trainer, sire and dam are all available for free. I like looking for my favorite 2 yo angle in Owner\trainer\dam production vs. sale price.

I ask this question, how much you pay a month for financial info regarding markets? Do you buy charts that have been analyzed by someone else or do you look at raw data?

Capper Al
09-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Multicap datafiles.

skate
09-17-2011, 04:51 PM

________
David-LV

Dave

i believe they stopped with the TSN files, everything switched to bris.

give it a go and win some dough...now.

skate
09-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Swortzy

50 to 100

like them best cause...i can obtain them days in advance.

Also also also...i love that they have the purse available.

classhandicapper
09-18-2011, 02:55 PM
I could no longer function without Formulator or a similar alternative.

riskman
09-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Why was this poll resurrected after 17 months?
It was so long ago, I did not even remember I voted in the poll previously.
In any event, I do not use any Bris data but occasionally look at the ultimate PP's at Briswatch which cost nothing.