PDA

View Full Version : More ohLIMP-Picks

46zilzal
01-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Today it was announced that the taxpayers had to shell out the bill of $960,480 (without consent of course) so that the very fat cats in gubb-ment could jump the line and get the choice tickets ......for free while friends of mine have waited now over a year and got squat.

Also, it is a public law here that you cannot smoke in a public place, but it is going to be suspended for the Oh-LIMP-picks.

Full body searches are going to be standard when entering the venues.

Police states must be fun for some people.

46zilzal
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
The train from the airport downtown is okay except that it has NO LUGGAGE racks (that would hve been a good thing to add on a train that was taling visitors anywhere).

Now the powers that be are gouging one time users (the locals know to buy a book of tickets and save money but these are NOT being offered to guests) a $5.00 extra one time use fee.

Slobs

xtb
01-20-2010, 01:13 PM
With all your success at horse racing it seems you should be able to relocate to anywhere you wish. Perhaps some day you'll find a country that appeals to you.

Show Me the Wire
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
At least he is complaining about his own country, for once.

46zilzal
01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
With all your success at horse racing it seems you should be able to relocate to anywhere you wish. Perhaps some day you'll find a country that appeals to you.
It is people's avarice that never appeals to me and one can never get away from that.

bigmack
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
At least he is complaining about his own country, for once.
Stephen Harper is a rutabaga.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/harper_cowboy.jpg

46zilzal
01-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Intrawest, the company that owns and operates Blackcomb-Whistler (where all the alpine events are to take place next month) has gone on the auction block to keep from having creditors FORECLOSE on them right in the middle of the Oh-LIMP-Picks due to their $1.4 billion debt. I can just imagine moving vans coming up to all the hotels there and carrying out ll the furniture right in the middle of the "fat cats" party!

No snow on any of the lower mountain venues yet.

Gordon Campbell, our drunk driving premier (not the mug shot form the Maui police where he was caught WITH another woman) has not said a word.