PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend

SmartyLane
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Finally have a free weekend where I have absolutely nothing I HAVE to do.

Gonna be watching a lot of races on Saturday, and there is a lot of good 3-yr preps.

Any allowance races out there, that may have some others that have a chance to make the TC run?

Holy Bull has some good names.

Lecomto doesn't seem too notable to me. Maximus Ruler is one I will be anxious to see though.

Also, here's to General Quarters and Friesan Fire making a good start to '10.

W2G
01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm keen to watch Winslow Homer make his stakes debut in the Holy Bull. A nice top-2 placing in a one-turn mile on a fast track against these would set him up for the next step. He could be among the elite in this year's crop, but then again you can say that about any of them at this point.

WinterTriangle
01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm keen to watch Winslow Homer make his stakes debut in the Holy Bull. A nice top-2 placing in a one-turn mile on a fast track against these would set him up for the next step. He could be among the elite in this year's crop, but then again you can say that about any of them at this point.

I like him, too. Was fiddling around handicapping that race. There's 2 others I like.

Wasn't this race longer last year?

I'm sorry to say this, but some of the ones in here are sprinter/miler types, and winning a one-turn mile doesn't give me a "derby" horse. these just gum up the graded earnings. example would be Jackson Bend, who could win this one-turn mile race at GS. BUT I wouldn't wager him to win if it was a 2 turner and longer.

I prefer races at closer to a classic distance for derby contenders, I mean, it tells me more of what I want to know. I realize not everyone feels that way.

Robert Fischer
01-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Wasn't this race longer last year?

I'm sorry to say this, but some of the ones in here are sprinter/miler types, and winning a one-turn mile doesn't give me a "derby" horse. these just gum up the graded earnings. example would be Jackson Bend, who could win this one-turn mile race at GS. BUT I wouldn't wager him to win if it was a 2 turner and longer.

I prefer races at closer to a classic distance for derby contenders, I mean, it tells me more of what I want to know. I realize not everyone feels that way.

yea, I agree. Not sure which way Jackson Bend will turn out, but you may be right, and I agree with the point you make.
This race was 9F up to maybe 2yr?s ago. They lengthened another race IIRC, and the timing for that one isn't in line with the derby. Florida Derby still 9F.

Robert Fischer
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Really like Ron the Greek and Citrus Kid in the Lecomte.

PhantomOnTour
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Interesting race here in the Lecomte at FG.

The :4: Depaul is going to be sent by Sellers (who is 0-26 with Assman lately..wow). Many stalkers in here with the :1: :3: :5: :9: and it is my hope that Depaul will stretch these boys into some rapid splits chasing him.
Thus, I like closers here. Esp the :8: Letsgetitonmon, the OTHER Assmussen horse. Your :11: should find his way into the mix as well as the :2: Turf Melody.
Watch the replay of the :8: 's last race if you can. He was running HARD and gaining quickly behind a slow 3/4split. A little pace may be all he needs...i hope. 10-1ML.

Robert Fischer
01-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Watch the replay of the :8: 's last race if you can. He was running HARD and gaining quickly behind a slow 3/4split. A little pace may be all he needs...i hope. 10-1ML.
If you like the closers here then the 8's a good Value. The only thing about last race was both he and the winner Stay Put had things go there way from similar trips, -either they got a great setup or they BOTH happened to be much the best, anyway he looked good doing it. Good Luck

joanied
01-23-2010, 05:09 PM
At fairgrounds....
I beleive Freisan Fire will win this...and general Quarters won't be far behind...I think thses two will be heard from this year!!
:) :) :)

sandpit
01-23-2010, 09:15 PM
At fairgrounds....
I beleive Freisan Fire will win this...and general Quarters won't be far behind...I think thses two will be heard from this year!!
:) :) :)

Good call, even with they were logical selections!

WinterTriangle
01-24-2010, 12:59 AM

I was thinking there just "might" be enough pace for Ron the Greek to close into. Hope you cashed!

Robert Fischer
01-24-2010, 01:17 AM
I was thinking there just "might" be enough pace for Ron the Greek to close into. Hope you cashed!

got almost 8-1 (17.60) but only played win. Didn't take advantage of the various pools like I should have. - and made a dumb bet in the Holy Bull.
Oh well fun day.

bisket
01-24-2010, 02:31 PM
got almost 8-1 (17.60) but only played win. Didn't take advantage of the various pools like I should have. - and made a dumb bet in the Holy Bull.
Oh well fun day.
gotta look at the replay of the holy bull. piscitelli faded quickly on the turn. i want to see why. i didn't get a good feeling when the jock tucked him in behind the leaders on the inside. most times that doesn't work out. i looked at the replays to analyze the stretch drive yesterday, but didn't look closely to see what happened with picitelli. my bets keyed on him being in the money, so it cost me a big tri. although i hit the seventh with a 2$ tri and 5$ exacta which put me up by 400$ for the day. i really thought i was going to collect on the holy bull today because i pretty much eliminated aikenite with confidence. alot of times eliminating a runner like that from your exotic pools pays off. i missed on this one

bisket
01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
i looked at the race i just think something wasn't right with piscitelli. kent could have gotten position on a couple of occasions, and never came over to the rail until the lead pack passed. anyone heard anything about him? looks as if he's a jersey horse.

Robert Fischer
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
gotta look at the replay of the holy bull. piscitelli faded quickly on the turn. i want to see why. i didn't get a good feeling when the jock tucked him in behind the leaders on the inside. most times that doesn't work out. i looked at the replays to analyze the stretch drive yesterday, but didn't look closely to see what happened with picitelli. my bets keyed on him being in the money, so it cost me a big tri. although i hit the seventh with a 2$ tri and 5$ exacta which put me up by 400$ for the day. i really thought i was going to collect on the holy bull today because i pretty much eliminated aikenite with confidence. alot of times eliminating a runner like that from your exotic pools pays off. i missed on this one

Ok eagle-eye

“Piscitelli has a deep bone bruise at the bottom of his right hind cannon bone. Although it is painful, horses with this injury can make a complete recovery with 90 days rest,” said Castro.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55147/derby-hopeful-piscitelli-sidelined?source=rss

bisket
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
i knew something wasn't right. on the other thread i said kent could have gotten position inside on two occassions, but he didn't move over. i knew something wasn't right. he had two good races over monmouth's surface where he showed really good speed. then raced on poly the rest of last year. which would have gotten all the speed fig lovers off of him. form transfers from monmouth to gulfstream. the surfaces are very similar. when the track was playing fast that sealed it as far as a play on him. he should have been there at the end no doubt, and i knew the odds were gonna be tasty. ah well its nice to know i was thinking right as far as reading the race correctly. thanks for posting that. i'll keep him in mind for the summer races. may get some odds on him then.

CincyHorseplayer
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Eightyfiveinfifty is racing this Saturday in the Whirlaway.Stretching out to a mile and a 16th off a 105 BSF.Should be interesting.

And I'm glad you brought this weekend up.I didn't know about all the other races and faces showing up:ThmbUp: