PDA

View Full Version : Round Robins( 3 separate parlays)

so.cal.fan
06-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Don't hear much about this bet these days with all the exoctic pools.
Does anyone still use this method?
What are the pros and cons?
Obviously a major "con" is having the guts to make the bets after a win.
I have a friend who is thinking about this bet to combat small fields and shorter prices in So. Cal.
Interested in opinions from you guys.

takeout
06-23-2003, 02:43 PM
It takes more guts to make one two-race parlay than to play a Round Robin parlay. (That is, if I'm remembering it correctly.)

I think your friend will tire of it quickly. Just some old "fancy footwork" from the past, IMO. Akin to things such as Due Column, Base Bet + Square root, etc.

pic6vic
06-24-2003, 12:33 PM
SoCal

I understand round robins, but how does that combat short fields. All they are doing is playing parlays on the same day. If you get 2 horses paying $4.00 each on a $20 parlay, they are betting twice as much on the 2nd horse as they did on the first. makes no sense. Why would they parlay rather than betting a fixed amount?.

What I am trying to say round robins do not make a good betting strategy.

so.cal.fan
06-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Pic6vic:
Thanks for your input......I sort of suspected that.
This man is discouraged because he likes to play tris and exactas.
He likes to play them in large fields.......the returns have been decreasing at an alarming rate in the type of races he plays.....and he was just looking for an alternative.
He would probably not play the parlay in the same day.....as he only gets a few bets a week.
The pick 3, 4, or 6 is not an option to him........he likes to deal with the same live race.
I wish him luck, but fear he will have to make some adjustments.:(