PDA

View Full Version : Matt Williams at TUP

Onion Monster
01-18-2010, 08:37 PM
As I sit in my office/utility room capping tomorrows Turf Paradise card (Some life, huh?) I couldn't help but notice the trainer stats of one Matt Williams: 20 Wins 5 Places 4 Shows in 39 mounts. How is this training prowess possible?

I don't regularly cap Turf Paradise because I'm not big on masochism (20% Takeout on WPS, is that right?) but had to adjust my playing schedule due to my damn day job. Who is this guy and how did he get so good?

Stillriledup
01-18-2010, 11:03 PM
As I sit in my office/utility room capping tomorrows Turf Paradise card (Some life, huh?) I couldn't help but notice the trainer stats of one Matt Williams: 20 Wins 5 Places 4 Shows in 39 mounts. How is this training prowess possible?

I don't regularly cap Turf Paradise because I'm not big on masochism (20% Takeout on WPS, is that right?) but had to adjust my playing schedule due to my damn day job. Who is this guy and how did he get so good?

Many years of hard work and elbow grease? I'm sure he paid his dues before becoming head trainer...he must have extensive experience working under accomplished horsemen for years and years before going out on his own.

cj
01-18-2010, 11:07 PM
He hit a lot of home runs for the Diamondbacks.

fmhealth
01-18-2010, 11:11 PM
As you can imagine, Matt has a very loyal following amoung us TUP regulars. But upon further review a salient point boils to the surface.

It appears that Matt, bless his soul, is the ass't trainer for Keith Bennett. Now Mr Bennett has recently returned from a six month suspension & thus Matt is once again relagated to a support position. He's obviously a talented horseman & has a very bright future. IMO, he's an automatic bet in virtually every situation.

Best of luck!

Onion Monster
01-18-2010, 11:33 PM
As you can imagine, Matt has a very loyal following amoung us TUP regulars. But upon further review a salient point boils to the surface.

It appears that Matt, bless his soul, is the ass't trainer for Keith Bennett. Now Mr Bennett has recently returned from a six month suspension & thus Matt is once again relagated to a support position. He's obviously a talented horseman & has a very bright future. IMO, he's an automatic bet in virtually every situation.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info and the luck.

proximity
01-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info and the luck.

and with 20% wps takeout and 50% trainers, you'll probably need all the luck you can get!!:)

price
01-19-2010, 12:29 AM
To any TuP'ers... how are the Bainum's doing? I have read some negative stuff on the net, but I don't follow that track.

fmhealth
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Price, last I checked he was hitting around 14% winners.

appistappis
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
well I hated his horse in th 9th today and he was being bet until about 2 minutes to go.....this of course caused the minions to use him in the exotics and left a nice juicy $50 exactor for the two probables.