PDA

View Full Version : The reason Zenyatta is a LOCK for HOY tonight

Zippy Chippy
01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Most things in life are based on "What have you done for me lately"?

In college football. You can lose at the beginning and as long as you are winning in the later parts of the year, that is what people remember. (as well as the voters)

I was listening to the radio the other day. They had top 50 songs of the year countown. Literally 9 out of the top 10 songs were the brand new songs that just came out towards the end of the year.

I could sit here and make ridiculous analogies all day, but its the truth and it wont differ later. Zenyatta is on everyones mind after the BC CLASSIC. They should have a system where they make votes based on races throughout the year or something so those who have great early year races dont get overlooked.

As for me. I really dont care who wins. Both horses are incredible and made 2009 a happy year for me. I think if 2010 is half as great as 2009 was we are in for a fun year.

lamboguy
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Most things in life are based on "What have you done for me lately"?

In college football. You can lose at the beginning and as long as you are winning in the later parts of the year, that is what people remember. (as well as the voters)

I was listening to the radio the other day. They had top 50 songs of the year countown. Literally 9 out of the top 10 songs were the brand new songs that just came out towards the end of the year.

I could sit here and make ridiculous analogies all day, but its the truth and it wont differ later. Zenyatta is on everyones mind after the BC CLASSIC. They should have a system where they make votes based on races throughout the year or something so those who have great early year races dont get overlooked.

As for me. I really dont care who wins. Both horses are incredible and made 2009 a happy year for me. I think if 2010 is half as great as 2009 was we are in for a fun year.i better hurry up and lock in and load up on ZENYATTA for horse of the year, they are giving away money tonight, they have her as the underdog for this award. based on your opinion i am going to get down for all of $50.

Zippy Chippy
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
i better hurry up and lock in and load up on ZENYATTA for horse of the year, they are giving away money tonight, they have her as the underdog for this award. based on your opinion i am going to get down for all of $50.

Ya its free money :-)

what are the odds?

andymays
01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
If the public was voting she would be a lock.

Since they are not voting it will be Rachel. There is a big disconnect between the public (and the influence by HRTV and TVG) and the reality of what will happen.

Many on the west coast scream about an east coast bias and maybe there is one but the bias of HRTV and TVG and the public relations campaign on behalf of Zenyatta more the balance things out. HRTV and TVG are biased!

tucker6
01-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Since they are not voting it will be Rachel. There is a big disconnect between the public (and the influence by HRTV and TVG) and the reality of what will happen.

Many on the west coast scream about an east coast bias and maybe there is one but the bias of HRTV and TVG and the public relations campaign on behalf of Zenyatta more the balance things out. HRTV and TVG are biased!
May be a silly question, but why are HRTV and TVG on the Zenyatta bandwagon so much? What are they getting out of it?? Honest question. I really don't know the answer.

speed
01-18-2010, 01:15 PM

Many on the west coast scream about an east coast bias and maybe there is one but the bias of HRTV and TVG and the public relations campaign on behalf of Zenyatta more the balance things out.

Outside of California the public fell in love with Rachel. Rachel did things the public never saw before and did it for several months. Zenyatta was amazing and in the spotlight for 1 race. Rachel took her show on the road and hundreds of thousands of racing fans got to see her in the flesh. That is why if the public voted i believe Rachel would win.

Personally i would like 2 see a dual HOY.

andymays
01-18-2010, 01:16 PM
May be a silly question, but why are HRTV and TVG on the Zenyatta bandwagon so much? What are they getting out of it?? Honest question. I really don't know the answer.

They are both based in California and many of the on air personalities rub elbows with the connections of Zenyatta. They are fine people and good for racing but c'mon.

TVG and HRTV have done the same thing with synthetic surfaces. They have shamelessly promoted them even though most of the selling points have proven to be false. The tracks asked them to talk up the surfaces (especially in the first year) in California and they did. If they told the truth it would be bad for business.

PhantomOnTour
01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice points andymays....TVG and HRTV love this "Cali up yer ass" programming. All other races (even stakes in NY) were delayed on TVG so that they may show a post parade from Hol or SA or Dmr. Dont know if thats still the case as i rarely watch them anymore. They have done their fair share of 'west coast biasin'.

As for horse of the year...well, this is one race that i wish they would fix...dead heat! If odds are floaring about on HOTY what are ya getting if you bet on a tie?

Zippy Chippy
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice points andymays....TVG and HRTV love this "Cali up yer ass" programming. All other races (even stakes in NY) were delayed on TVG so that they may show a post parade from Hol or SA or Dmr. Dont know if thats still the case as i rarely watch them anymore. They have done their fair share of 'west coast biasin'.

As for horse of the year...well, this is one race that i wish they would fix...dead heat! If odds are floaring about on HOTY what are ya getting if you bet on a tie?

I thought I read somewhere that there could not be co-horse of the year winners. Not sure where i saw that. Maybe an odd number of voters?

Rialto
01-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Another member on here made a good point, What if the reason Zenyatta announced her return was because the connections had been tipped off that Zenyatta was not going to win?

andymays
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Outside of California the public fell in love with Rachel. Rachel did things the public never saw before and did it for several months. Zenyatta was amazing and in the spotlight for 1 race. Rachel took her show on the road and hundreds of thousands of racing fans got to see her in the flesh. That is why if the public voted i believe Rachel would win.

Personally i would like 2 see a dual HOY.

Agree with the dual HOY but it aint gonna happen.

All the public online polls favored Zenyatta by a wide margin.

46zilzal
01-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Knowing how voting has gone through the years with more votes in the East than the West (just like it is with the Sovereign's who's finalists came out today with the East taking down the top three in every category), Rachel will probably get the nod.

redshift1
01-18-2010, 02:44 PM

Tonight's vote is not about HOY, Its about Synthetic vs Dirt and East Coast vs West Coast bias. Since the majority of voters are East Coast based RA will be appointed HOY tonight.

Kimsus
01-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Rachel is winning HOY, don't be fooled by the chatter.

letswastemoney
01-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Tonight's vote is not about HOY, Its about Synthetic vs Dirt and East Coast vs West Coast bias. Since the majority of voters are East Coast based RA will be appointed HOY tonight.
There will be no bias, RA had the more well rounded year.

joanied
01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
The writters that voted against a Dual HoY award need to have their heads examined...or better yet...let each mare take a shot at kicking everyone of them in the head...or, better yet...in the ass, since that happens to be where their brains are:mad:

I think there should be a 'push' after the awards are done, to make some changes in the way the Eclispse awards are voted for...and I beleive Steve Haskins would lead the charge for change:ThmbUp: (he is very pissed off about this subject)

All we can hope for is that 2010 will be another year like '09...at the end of the year, Z & RA will be on top again...then maybe the voters will decide on a dual award...but, chances of that are slim, I think...
and what if we get a TC winner this year...then all bets would be off concerning Z and/or RA getting the 2010 HoY...and wouldn't that be just the way it happens...that the second time we have Z & RA racing, we'll finally get that TC winner...:faint:

andymays
01-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Rachel won in 6 different states (I think it was 6) and Zenyatta won only in California. That's a big deal.

I started this thread way back when.

Is it Rachel vs. Zenyatta? or Jackson vs. Synthetics? or Shirreffs vs. Asmussen?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63605&highlight=Zenyatta

redshift1
01-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Rachel won in 6 different states (I think it was 6) and Zenyatta won only in California. That's a big deal.

I started this thread way back when.

Is it Rachel vs. Zenyatta? or Jackson vs. Synthetics? or Shirreffs vs. Asmussen?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63605&highlight=Zenyatta

True, but she skipped the biggest race of the year and that's a big deal.

I'm just saying Its East Coast Biased. I can recall HOY's that never raced on the West coast.

andymays
01-18-2010, 03:52 PM
True, but she skipped the biggest race of the year and that's a big deal.

I'm just saying Its East Coast Biased. I can recall HOY's that never raced on the West coast.

She would have ran up the track over Pro Ride. No chance.

I recall that Zenyatta bailed on a wet track at Churchill didn't she?

Stillriledup
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Are the awards on tv tonight, or not?

andymays
01-18-2010, 05:32 PM

I thinks its 4 pm pst.

PhantomOnTour
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Why cant there be a tie? One man-one vote right? Is there an odd number of voters? A tie IS possible, and this is horseracing, so lets rig this one for the good of EVERYONE!

ExoticDancer
01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Zenyatta will win because of the owners involved. I think everyone knows that.

46zilzal
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
TVG is carrying them

joanied
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
I am on Mountain time...the pre show starts here at 5pm...

Phantom...I tried looking up just exactly how many voters we had...I couldn't find it...maybe someone here knows...I hope it's an even number...then maybe we will see that dual HoY...

Crap...gotta go out and feed my horses so I can be in front of the TV for the show...
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Saratoga_Mike
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I thinks its 4 pm pst.

HOY will be announced at 10:30 ET live on ESPN.

andymays
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
HOY will be announced at 10:30 ET live on ESPN.

Thanks!

Grits
01-18-2010, 06:36 PM

And you consider this a given reason for crowning a horse (a filly or a mare, in this case) HOY?:lol:

tzipi
01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Lets go Rachel!!!

And for joanied...Let's go Zenyatta :)

citation'48
01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
She would have ran up the track over Pro Ride. No chance.

I recall that Zenyatta bailed on a wet track at Churchill didn't she?

So Rachel gets a pass for bailing when her owners think track conditions may not be suitable for her but Zenyatta doesn't.
At least this board doesn't tiptoe around their biases! :)

JustRalph
01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Espn News will cut in for the Announcement

cj
01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
So Rachel gets a pass for bailing when her owners think track conditions may not be suitable for her but Zenyatta doesn't.

What we are saying is it doesn't matter what races a horse DIDN'T RUN IN, but those the horse does run in...all of them, not just the best one.

andymays
01-18-2010, 10:33 PM

I'm a west coast guy (concerning the bias you referred to) and I think the world of Zenyatta and her connections. What makes Rachel a little better is that she did it in 6 states (I think it was 6) and Zenyatta stayed in California.

tzipi
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Rachel went everywhere beating everyone. I think that's what swayed them. Great award show to boot.

Citation1947
01-18-2010, 11:36 PM

I hope you don't bet much. ;)