PDA

View Full Version : Chris Valovich

Valuist
06-22-2003, 11:45 PM
The guy rode at the Chicago tracks in the late 90s and I believe he won titles at Canterbury before that. Somebody at the track said he died recently. Can anyone confirm this?

BillW
06-23-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Valuist
The guy rode at the Chicago tracks in the late 90s and I believe he won titles at Canterbury before that. Somebody at the track said he died recently. Can anyone confirm this?

Maybe check the Barn-to-Wire board. I know Valovich was riding a bit at SPT maybe in 2001.

http://www.barntowire.com

Bill

Valuist
06-25-2003, 11:31 AM
I heard some more details on this. Sounds very Chris Antley-like. Apparently he last rode at Hawthorne in late 2001 then went to Arizona to ride, only to fail a drug test. The death last week was ruled a suicide.

JimG
06-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for passing the information along. That is truly sad. It would be nice if the various track web sites would keep us updated on what is happening with various jocks that ride at their tracks when they appear to be missing in action.

I see jockeys go down too often in races and there is nothing on the website with an update on their condition. Give the appearance that the track doesn't care. Hopefully, that is not the case.

Jim