PDA

View Full Version : Remember this name- Christine Daae (this year's Rachel Alexandra)

Moyers Pond
01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
I am sort of shocked nobody mentioned the huge effort by this 3yr old filly yesterday at Gulfstream Park. I have to admit I put a few dollars on her when she opened at 2-1. The daughter of Giants Causeway looks like the early favorite for the Oaks, but I would not be shocked to see her get some look for the Derby. She moves better than any 3yr old I have seen this year.

Another great one with another girl's name. This one is named after the Phantom of the Opera. She has the markings on her face like the mask.

She will run all day and the 121 and change for 7f got her a 92 beyer.

Unfortunately she is with Biancone.

toussaud
01-16-2010, 04:00 PM
very impressive.

oaks is shaping up to be a better race than the derby this year

i'd love to see a fight between Christine Daaem, Crisp, She Be Wild and Blind Luck

SmartyLane
02-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Anybody got any ideas when she is to race next???

tzipi
02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I am sort of shocked nobody mentioned the huge effort by this 3yr old filly yesterday at Gulfstream Park. I have to admit I put a few dollars on her when she opened at 2-1. The daughter of Giants Causeway looks like the early favorite for the Oaks, but I would not be shocked to see her get some look for the Derby. She moves better than any 3yr old I have seen this year.

Another great one with another girl's name. This one is named after the Phantom of the Opera. She has the markings on her face like the mask.

Yeah I saw her too. Looks like big talent and I just won't get to excited until one more race.

Moyers Pond
02-24-2010, 09:03 AM
She is running again this weekend, Davona Dale at GP. Big effort and she may be FL Derby bound.

This filly will be in the gate on Kentucky Derby Day and don't be surprised if she wins it all. I love Giant's Causeways's but unfortunately the one is with Zayat as owner, and this one is with Biancone as trainer.

By May 2 we very well may be saying "rachel and zenyatta who".

http://www.youtube.com/gulfstreamparkracing#p/u/32/-LDOAg386pA

She is owned by the same guy that owns General Maximus (Domenic Imperio's son)

toussaud
02-24-2010, 09:44 AM
I really like her.. but man cobra man is not playing around.. he's taking on sassy image and bickersons in her second start. this race will be more productive than the ashland

Moyers Pond
02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
I really like her.. but man cobra man is not playing around.. he's taking on sassy image and bickersons in her second start. this race will be more productive than the ashland

Wait to you see where they go for her third start. Pletcher's big Giant's Causeway better watch out for this one.

This filly is going to be the favorite in her 3rd career start this weekend, 2nd on dirt, over a filly that just romped in a grade 2 at Gulfstream. That is how good she is. Bickersons is a super talent but don't be surprised if she watches CD blow by her in a hand ride.

Bickersons does not want the extra 1/8th and Sassy is just too slow.

When I asked him if she is better than any of the 3-year-old colts in his barn he said, "I would say so. And I have some pretty good ones."

joanied
02-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the race link...very impressive...I look forward to her Davona Dale and see how she does...looks like the distaffer's will be fun again this year...

but, man...I can't stand Biancone...I seriously doubt he'd take a chance at doing anything stupid, if ya get my drift...no doubt he's being watched...but still, I can just live without the cobra king:ThmbDown:

NTamm1215
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Wait to you see where they go for her third start. Pletcher's big Giant's Causeway better watch out for this one.

This filly is going to be the favorite in her 3rd career start this weekend, 2nd on dirt, over a filly that just romped in a grade 2 at Gulfstream. That is how good she is. Bickersons is a super talent but don't be surprised if she watches CD blow by her in a hand ride.

When I asked him if she is better than any of the 3-year-old colts in his barn he said, "I would say so. And I have some pretty good ones."

This post is just about the height of hysteria.

NT

Dahoss9698
02-24-2010, 12:35 PM
She ran well last time and she might be a pretty good filly. But come on with the hyperbole. I realize she is another in the long line of horses who run well and then get hyped to the moon by Moyers Pond, but lets take a look at who she beat last out and how they have come back to run.

Runner up Exiled Princess came back to run 8th, beaten 15 at 5/2 with a 53 Beyer

3rd place finisher Muhaawara continues to be an equine money shredder as she was 2nd, beaten 4 running at 71 Beyer at 3/5

4th place finisher What's the Verdict was 6th, beaten 9 lengths at 9/2, while running a 58 Beyer

5th place runner Sarah and Me was 2nd, in a 50k claimer at 5/2 running a 64 Beyer

6th place runner Pretty B came back to run 2nd at 9-1 in a 75k claimer on the grass

7th place runner Divine Miss was 10th, beaten 26 in a MSW on the grass

The 8th and 9th place finishers have not run back yet

10th place finisher Ahh came back to run 5th, in a MSW on the grass at Tampa

A key race this was not. I don't think Rachel and Zenyatta have anything to worry about and I'm sure Pletcher isn't too worried about the Florida Derby.

the little guy
02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
This post is just about the height of hysteria.

NT

I was trying to figure out who those " good ones " are as well.

He does love this filly.

Moyers Pond
02-24-2010, 01:05 PM

He does love this filly.

My cousin buys horses for a living and he saw this filly in the morning work 6f and he said she is the most impressive horse on the grounds. Granted, Quality Road is not on the Gulfstream grounds, but some good ones are stabled there.

After this race this weekend you can be sure they will be fielding multi-million dollar offers for her. She is that good. I hate Biancone and would love to see somebody like Lael or West Point scoop her up, but I don't think they buy in that price range.

NTamm1215
02-24-2010, 01:06 PM

He does love this filly.

Right and I was referencing the whole post in itself not just the part the original poster bolded.

When I asked him if she is better than any of the 3-year-old colts in his barn he said,"I would say so. And I have some pretty good ones."

I don't disagree whatsoever that Bickersons is probably going to be at her best at seven furlongs and Sassy Image is pitifully slow but to even entertain the thought that right now Christine Daae is a threat to Eskendereya is ludicrous. She won one MSW in impressive fashion against an abysmal field. The fillies she beat have come back with this:

Exiled Princess (2nd to Christine Daae) - 8th beaten 15 in a MSW @ GP
Muhaawara (3rd) - 2nd beaten 4 to Shug McGaughey's first FTS winner @ GP in four years
What's the Verdict (4th) - 6th beaten 9 3/4 in MSW @ GP
Sarah and Me (5th) - 2nd beaten 3 in a 50k MCL
Pretty B (6th) - 2nd beaten 2 1/2 in a 75k MCL to a 82-1 winner
Divine Miss (7th) - 10th beaten 26 1/4 in a MSW @ GP
Ahh (10th) - 5th beaten 3 in a MSW on turf at Tampa

I think Christine Daae is going to be a nice horse but you have someone in this thread proclaiming that people are going to forget about Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandra when they see Christine Daae. That is so incomprehensible that I can't believe I've actually spent time writing this reply.

NT

the little guy
02-24-2010, 01:11 PM
My cousin buys horses for a living and he saw this filly in the morning work 6f and he said she is the most impressive horse on the grounds. Granted, Quality Road is not on the Gulfstream grounds, but some good ones are stabled there.

After this race this weekend you can be sure they will be fielding multi-million dollar offers for her. She is that good. I hate Biancone and would love to see somebody like Lael or West Point scoop her up, but I don't think they buy in that price range.

Oh boy.

Moyers Pond
02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh boy.

Just like the oh boy I got when I gave out Discreetly Mine this weekend. :D

Hope everyone puts their money on Bickersons and others. I would love another $7 horse like Discreetly Mine to pad my account with a few hundred more dollars.

What is funny is that all you critics don't ever seem to tout any horses. I guess you guys aren't the sharpest handicappers out there.

cj
02-24-2010, 02:02 PM
If you have money to play with, this horse is as close to a lock as you will find. Put him on top of Stay Put and Ron the Greek, and use all three in tri's.

Play the 4-9-11 every way you can.

Are you still bragging about that post? You know, the one where following your advice was a big loser but you did put a 5 to 2 winner on top?

Here is how I read it:

Play the following:

Exacta 4-9
Exacta 4-11
Tri Box 4-9-11

I'm being nice, "every way you can" could actually be much, much worse.

Return, $0.

castaway01
02-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Hope everyone puts their money on Bickersons and others. I would love another $7 horse like Discreetly Mine to pad my account with a few hundred more dollars.

What is funny is that all you critics don't ever seem to tout any horses. I guess you guys aren't the sharpest handicappers out there.

If you or your cousin have some extra cash, send it to me...I'll save you the losses.

Moyers Pond
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Are you still bragging about that post? You know, the one where following your advice was a big loser but you did put a 5 to 2 winner on top?

Here is how I read it:

Play the following:

Exacta 4-9
Exacta 4-11
Tri Box 4-9-11

I'm being nice, "every way you can" could actually be much, much worse.

Return, $0.

Not a nickel. I have one bet today, $100AB on Discreetly Mine.

Now if you want to talk about money I lost betting Tampa last week, well that is a different story. I vowed never to bet there again, and I won't. I even passed up the opportunity to go today.

I guess you missed this post, but then again I suspect you are not much of a gambler, you are just entertained and those of us that gamble make it possible for you. :D

When was that posted, oh, just a few hours before the race. LOL

Thanks for playing. Let me guess, you are just a fan of horse racing and are one of those delusional people that think the sport would actually exist without gamblers.

Tee
02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Since you are such a gambler, would u take action from everyone on the accuracy of your post.

I guess you missed this post, but then again I suspect you are not much of a gambler, you are just entertained and those of us that gamble make it possible for you. :D

When was that posted, oh, just a few hours before the race. LOL

Thanks for playing. Let me guess, you are just a fan of horse racing and are one of those delusional people that think the sport would actually exist without gamblers.

cj
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM

I bet more in a month than your annual handle (the one you quoted). It doesn't really matter, but since you asked, I'm telling you.

andtheyreoff
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
So let me get this straight: A filly wins an ordinary weekday race against a subpar field running a lukewarm speed figure and all of a sudden she is the next Winning Colors?

Great to know your standards of quality.

johnhannibalsmith
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Great to know your standards of quality.

I see you've missed the other 173 threads of a nearly identical nature started by this legend who... ...would love to respond to all of your posts but I actually have a life.

Stillriledup
02-25-2010, 04:35 AM

You're kidding, right?

I guess now Kevin Durant is this years Michael Jordan?

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I figured some might have missed Discreetly Mine because I didn't post until race day, so I will give out Christine Daae a day early.

This filly will win the Davona Dale handily on Saturday. 6-1 on ML but will go off around 2-1.

She will win so convincingly that she will be put on the KY Derby trail, and likely will take on Eskendereya in the FL Derby.

Now the question will become who do you hate less, Zayat or Biancone because ones owns the one and the other trains the other. These are the two best 3yr olds in the country. Two Giants Causeways.

cj
02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I merged these. You said the same thing again, so why a new thread?

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
I merged these. You said the same thing again, so why a new thread?

One in the handicapping thread, because it is a selection to gamble on. I would imagine quite a few people that read the one thread do not read the other.

I rarely give out selections to gamble on, but when I do they are easy money making opportunities for the loyal readers. :)

the little guy
02-26-2010, 11:40 AM
It will be especially hard for her to win the Davona Dale if she opts for the allowance race she is cross entered in on Sunday.

It rarely takes long for Quiet Chris, now Moyers Pond, to be wrong.

cj
02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
One in the handicapping thread, because it is a selection to gamble on. I would imagine quite a few people that read the one thread do not read the other.

I rarely give out selections to gamble on, but when I do they are easy money making opportunities for the loyal readers. :)

Then try the selections forum. The last one you posted was a loser by the way, even if the 5 to 2 shot won.

NTamm1215
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
How can this be? Word is Christine Daae is going to run in the N1X Sunday. How could Biancone not know that his filly is destined for greatness, I mean in this thread alone it's predicted that she's going to:

1.) Win the Davona Dale and challenge Eskendereya in the Fla Derby.

2.) Become the 2010 version of Rachel Alexandra.

3.) Knock Rachel and Zenyatta off the top shelf of the fillies and mares.

Biancone needs to converse with Quiet Chris before he makes this horrible decision and sells his super filly short.

NT

toussaud
02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
How can this be? Word is Christine Daae is going to run in the N1X Sunday. How could Biancone not know that his filly is destined for greatness, I mean in this thread alone it's predicted that she's going to:

1.) Win the Davona Dale and challenge Eskendereya in the Fla Derby.

2.) Become the 2010 version of Rachel Alexandra.

3.) Knock Rachel and Zenyatta off the top shelf of the fillies and mares.

Biancone needs to converse with Quiet Chris before he makes this horrible decision and sells his super filly short.

NT because good trainers know that experience is just as important as talent.

he is no rush to prove to the world how good she is.

she's raced 2 times and one is basically a throwout.

contrary to belief, just becuase you win a race in impressive fashion does not mean you have to jump into graded stakes ocmpnay, in fact i don'tlike that move regardless of who does it. work through your conditions. they are there for a reason

since 2003 basically the only horse that won the kentucky derby who did so by j umping straight into high level stakes company is street sense.

Funny Cide jumped to stakes company but NY bred stakes company which are basically allowence races.

Giacomo ran in an allowence race but came in 3rd but he did run

as impressive as big brown was, he even ran in an allowence race.

lol, running in an allowence race does not mean you don't have talent.

we forget, these horses are very young and still are trying to figure out exactly what the hell they are doing out there. we take that for granted.

Dahoss9698
02-26-2010, 02:49 PM
because good trainers know that experience is just as important as talent.

he is no rush to prove to the world how good she is.

she's raced 2 times and one is basically a throwout.

contrary to belief, just becuase you win a race in impressive fashion does not mean you have to jump into graded stakes ocmpnay, in fact i don'tlike that move regardless of who does it. work through your conditions. they are there for a reason

since 2003 basically the only horse that won the kentucky derby who did so by j umping straight into high level stakes company is street sense.

Funny Cide jumped to stakes company but NY bred stakes company which are basically allowence races.

Giacomo ran in an allowence race but came in 3rd but he did run

as impressive as big brown was, he even ran in an allowence race.

lol, running in an allowence race does not mean you don't have talent.

we forget, these horses are very young and still are trying to figure out exactly what the hell they are doing out there. we take that for granted.

I think you missed the point of NTamm's post.

Didn't Barbaro win the Derby? His second start was in the Laurel Futurity.

the little guy
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Who's the idiot now?

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
I hope she does run on Sunday in the 9f race. After she wins in near track record time she will be a certainty for the FL Derby.

The reason she may go Sunday is because they are thinking of running her in the FL Derby. KY Derby here she comes.

johnhannibalsmith
02-26-2010, 05:24 PM
The reason she may go Sunday is because they are thinking of running her in the FL Derby. KY Derby here she comes.

What's the rationale behind this logic? One fewer day of rest will make her run better against males?

Test for distance vs. test for class...?

toussaud
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I think you missed the point of NTamm's post.

Didn't Barbaro win the Derby? His second start was in the Laurel Futurity.
the info i used could not pull out laurel park.

Dahoss9698
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
What's the rationale behind this logic? One fewer day of rest will make her run better against males?

There is no rationale. It's a waste of time even trying to figure it out. Moyers Pond makes it up as he goes along.

The thing that's most amusing is that allowance race is no walkover. There are some fillies that can run in there. She may indeed win, but I wouldn't want too short a price.

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:37 PM

The longer she goes the better. If they have Derby fever I am sure they want to get the 9f race into her. It sounds like the owners got a little derby fever after the question was posed to them by the bloodhorse writer.

toussaud
02-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Biancone is alot of things... but a derby dreamer is not one of those things.

he gets alot of crap for the venom but I think when he isn't in trouble he's a top 5 calibur trainer in the country.

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
There is no rationale. It's a waste of time even trying to figure it out. Moyers Pond makes it up as he goes along.

The thing that's most amusing is that allowance race is no walkover. There are some fillies that can run in there. She may indeed win, but I wouldn't want too short a price.

I happen to know for a fact that the trainer and owner are beginning to really think of her as a derby horse since the writer for the bloodhorse put it into their head but I think that is posturing to increase her value.

I also happen to know for a fact that there is a rather wealthy individual that is looking at purchasing her with the Derby in mind. They may be putting her in the 9f race thinking it is a better showcase for her.

Don't be surprised to see her running in some blue silks after this weekend. That is serious money for guys that have been hit pretty hard by the downturn in the construction business.

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Biancone is alot of things... but a derby dreamer is not one of those things.

he gets alot of crap for the venom but I think when he isn't in trouble he's a top 5 calibur trainer in the country.

He isn't the one dreaming about the derby, and neither are the current owners. The likely buyers are not Americans.

She likely will not be in his stable by the middle of next week.

How funny would it be if Godolphin won the derby with a Giants Causeway filly.

Dahoss9698
02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I happen to know for a fact that the trainer and owner are beginning to really think of her as a derby horse since the writer for the bloodhorse put it into their head but I think that is posturing to increase her value.

I also happen to know for a fact that there is a rather wealthy individual that is looking at purchasing her with the Derby in mind. They may be putting her in the 9f race thinking it is a better showcase for her.

Don't be surprised to see her running in some blue silks after this weekend. That is serious money for guys that have been hit pretty hard by the downturn in the construction business.

Look, you don't happen to know anything for a fact. That much has been proven. Your definition of fact and the rest of the world's is a lot different.

It's all heresay and backstretch gossip that you get third and fourth hand. We get it. You're a wannabe insider.

toussaud
02-26-2010, 05:50 PM
He isn't the one dreaming about the derby, and neither are the current owners. The likely buyers are not Americans.

She likely will not be in his stable by the middle of next week.

How funny would it be if Godolphin won the derby with a Giants Causeway filly.

well if what you say is true, i would have to take her off my derby list becuase she would run in the UAE Derby first and well...blah

come on jess.. we need ya!

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Look, you don't happen to know anything for a fact. That much has been proven. Your definition of fact and the rest of the world's is a lot different.

It's all heresay and backstretch gossip that you get third and fourth hand. We get it. You're a wannabe insider. You're not.

I am not a wannabe anything. I know it because my cousin tried to purchase her and was not even in the ballpark of what they are being offered.

100% guaranteed, she will be sold before the sale on Tuesday. After Tuesday I will no longer be a wannabe insider either. I will be a small owner in probably 2 or 3 2yr old horses.

toussaud
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
I am not a wannabe anything. I know it because my cousin tried to purchase her and was not even in the ballpark of what they are being offered.

100% guaranteed, she will be sold before the sale on Tuesday.
sounds like curlin money

jeff siegal said he tried to actually buy curlin after his maiden win and he offered about 1-1.5 million for her, and he wasn't close to what was being offered.

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
well if what you say is true, i would have to take her off my derby list becuase she would run in the UAE Derby first and well...blah

come on jess.. we need ya!

No. She is not a synthetic horse despite her pedigree. She is a homerun as a racing prospect and as a broodmare. It is not exactly a secret that she is the most sought after horse on the Gulfstream grounds. She is this year's Rachel Alexandra, and even the Bloodhorse wrote an piece about her being this year's Rachel.

Dahoss9698
02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
I happen to know for a fact that the trainer and owner are beginning to really think of her as a derby horse since the writer for the bloodhorse put it into their head

He isn't the one dreaming about the derby, and neither are the current owners.

:lol:

So they think of her as a Derby horse, but they don't? Makes perfect sense.

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
sounds like curlin money

jeff siegal said he tried to actually buy curlin after his maiden win and he offered about 1-1.5 million for her, and he wasn't close to what was being offered.

If she wins either race this weekend, she likely will fetch $3 million before the sale on Tuesday.

Moyers Pond
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM

So they think of her as a Derby horse, but they don't? Makes perfect sense.

They think of her as a horse they are going to sell to somebody that wants her as a derby horse. I don't think they have any intention of keeping her.

Dahoss9698
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM

100% guaranteed, she will be sold before the sale on Tuesday. After Tuesday I will no longer be a wannabe insider either. I will be a small owner in probably 2 or 3 2yr old horses.

So if she's up the track in either race, she's still going to be sold? I find that hard to believe.

Congrats on your ownership of make believe horses. As of today I am the majority owner in a few reindeer that will be running when Belmont makes that transition that Santa was telling me about. I'm so psyched.

toussaud
02-26-2010, 06:09 PM
So if she's up the track in either race, she's still going to be sold? I find that hard to believe.

Congrats on your ownership of make believe horses. As of today I am the majority owner in a few reindeer that will be running when Belmont makes that transition that Santa was telling me about. I'm so psyched.
lol, make believe stables. the silks will be pink and have a picture of a unicorn on the back

Stillriledup
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
No. She is not a synthetic horse despite her pedigree. She is a homerun as a racing prospect and as a broodmare. It is not exactly a secret that she is the most sought after horse on the Gulfstream grounds. She is this year's Rachel Alexandra, and even the Bloodhorse wrote an piece about her being this year's Rachel.

You should be ashamed of yourself comparing some horse no one has heard of to Rachel. What are you thinking man?

Relwob Owner
02-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Quick check of the scoreboard:

DaHoss-83
Moyers-0

andtheyreoff
02-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I was looking at this thread, and here is what I have gathered.

1. Christine Daae's maiden was the greatest effort all Gulfstream.

2. She WILL win by at least 10 lengths in track record time.

3. She will be purchased by Goodolphin (and only Goodolphin) for exactly $3,000,000 on exactly Tuesday.

4. She WILL go to the Florida Derby and blow Eskendereya off his feet.

5. She will then win the Kentucky Derby by open lengths.

6. At the end of the year, she will be considered the greatest horse ever (behind Zenyatta, of course)

Looking at this race, I expect her to win pretty easily, but I don't consider her the second Rachel Alexandra. I think she'll be more of an Ashado type horse, which is not an insult.

Moyers Pond
02-27-2010, 11:23 AM
You should be ashamed of yourself comparing some horse no one has heard of to Rachel. What are you thinking man?

You should be embarrassed for being so completely out of touch with what goes on in the business. I guess the guys at the Bloodhorse and me should both be ashamed because stillriledup who knows nothing about the game said so on PA. :D

While this Bloodhorse feature came out after I posted the thread, it wasn't exactly a secret of how good she is.

As for the comments of me owning make believe horses, that is pretty funny considering I already am the owner of two and the bills are not make believe. :D

Could Christine be the Next Rachel?

"Over the past week, a couple different people brought to my attention a filly who has the look of a future star. Her name is Christine Daae.

I know I will be putting a couple bucks on her in the Vegas sportsbooks--maybe for both the Oaks and the Derby. "

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/triplecrowntalk/archive/2010/01/20/could-christine-be-the-next-rachel.aspx

Moyers Pond
02-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Christine Daae will run tomorrow at 9f instead of today. :)

cj
02-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Christine Daae will run tomorrow at 9f instead of today. :)

In other recent news, the Big Bang started the universe.

the little guy
02-27-2010, 11:45 AM
In other recent news, the Big Bang started the universe.

I'm waiting for that to be confirmed in a blog on Bloodhorse.

Dahoss9698
02-27-2010, 01:20 PM
You should be embarrassed for being so completely out of touch with what goes on in the business. I guess the guys at the Bloodhorse and me should both be ashamed because stillriledup who knows nothing about the game said so on PA. :D

While this Bloodhorse feature came out after I posted the thread, it wasn't exactly a secret of how good she is.

As for the comments of me owning make believe horses, that is pretty funny considering I already am the owner of two and the bills are not make believe. :D

"Over the past week, a couple different people brought to my attention a filly who has the look of a future star. Her name is Christine Daae.

I know I will be putting a couple bucks on her in the Vegas sportsbooks--maybe for both the Oaks and the Derby. "

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/triplecrowntalk/archive/2010/01/20/could-christine-be-the-next-rachel.aspx

Bloodhorse feature? It was one of their triple crown bloggers that wrote a blog on an obviously slow Wednesday. No offense to the guy, but his next blog was about which Derby candidate had the coolest name. Andy Beyer he is not.

Let's really look at what he said in regards to Rachel and Christine Daae.

A filly like Rachel Alexandra comes around once in a blue moon. It is not reasonable to think that another 3-year-old filly will surface any time soon and do the things she did. But we can still hope, can't we?

Honestly, who cares if this guy is putting a few bucks on her in future bets? Does that mean something? It is sort of amusing to see you pass off all of your "inside info" that you tried to in this thread. Info that was taken straight off said blog.

She's a nice filly, with a cool name (maybe that was what interested him) but she's not scaring anyone away from any races at this point. And your track record with overhyping every horse your cousins, cousins, friend says is a world beater is abysmal. Hopefully the horse can overcome the Quiet Chris/Crossfirehurrican/Moyers Pond additional weight on her back, but most are not.

Stillriledup
02-27-2010, 02:38 PM

Wow, i know nothing about the game. Let me go back out there and learn the game. Maybe i'll come back in 20 years with my newfound knowledge and start posting again. If you would be so kind as to permit me to continue to post without knowing the game, i'd really appreciate it.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 02:53 PM
The greatest filly of all time was helped out by the scratch of her main rival Superior Selection today. Should be interesting to see her run.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
The greatest filly of all time was helped out by the scratch of her main rival Superior Selection today. Should be interesting to see her run.

Yeah, I think the rival figured out she might lose by a good 10.

CD will be 1-5 but she will be a big wager for me at 4-5 or better.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I think the rival figured out she might lose by a good 10.

CD will be 1-5 but she will be a big wager for me at 4-5 or better.

What ADW accepts monopoly money?

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:22 PM
What ADW accepts monopoly money?

Wow, you are funny. Sound like a degenerate that is so broke that he is jealous of those of us that actually can wager. :lol:

andtheyreoff
02-28-2010, 03:25 PM
She's 1-5 with abt. 20 minutes to post.

A reputation is on the line here.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
She's 1-5 with abt. 20 minutes to post.

A reputation is on the line here.

The only competition is the clock. If the owners want to sell her she will win by 10+, if they are keeping her she probably will be geared down.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow, you are funny. Sound like a degenerate that is so broke that he is jealous of those of us that actually can wager. :lol:

You went on for days about giving out a $7 horse. Yesterday you boasted about having $20 win on a 2-1 and today you are saying you would make a giant fake bet on a 4/5.

Yeah, I sound like a broke degenerate.

toussaud
02-28-2010, 03:28 PM
acting happy is a huge underlay at 13 to 1. she can run and is a future stakes horse and broke her maiden at this distance first out.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
You went on for days about giving out a $7 horse. Yesterday you boasted about having $20 win on a 2-1 and today you are saying you would make a giant fake bet on a 4/5.

Yeah, I sound like a broke degenerate.

Go away. You are such a ridiculously bad gambler and degenerate. Just let those of us with money enjoy the game. :D

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:31 PM
acting happy is a huge underlay at 13 to 1. she can run and is a future stakes horse and broke her maiden at this distance first out.

I used her in a cold exacta. She is a nice Dutrow horse but not in CD's league.

toussaud
02-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I used her in a cold exacta. She is a nice Dutrow horse but not in CD's league.
I honestly dont't hink she is either, but at the right odds I can like anyone.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:34 PM
I honestly dont't hink she is either, but at the right odds I can like anyone.

She is coming way down. Her and Protesting probably go off at 6-1, with CD at 1-5.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Is it me or is everyone on the board rooting against CD now b/c of MP's support for her?

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Go away. You are such a ridiculously bad gambler and degenerate. Just let those of us with money enjoy the game. :D

Notice, you never dispute anything I say. Never.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
She is coming way down. Her and Protesting probably go off at 6-1, with CD at 1-5.

Please post exactly what you bet prior to the race - don't leave anything out and try to claim you did this or that after the race!

toussaud
02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm not but this race is harder than you might think. honestly... not that much easier than yesterdays race.

Acting happy is going to be a legit stakes horse. book it.

never quicker is 1 for 1 and broke her maiden first out as well. I know becuase i made fun of her name lol and she won.

christine daae should not be 1/9.

if she wins this race easily she is legit.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Notice, you never dispute anything I say. Never.

I just read George Will's column and he described you perfectly. :D

Today's DSM defines "oppositional defiant disorder" as a pattern of "negativistic, defiant, disobedient and hostile behavior toward authority figures." Symptoms include "often loses temper," "often deliberately annoys people" or "is often touchy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022603369.html#

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Please post exactly what you bet prior to the race - don't leave anything out and try to claim you did this or that after the race!

As of now I only have a $20 Double with her that pays $76 and a $20 exacta with her on top of Dutrows horse.

She is 1-2 now though. Another tick higher and I will bet $500 to win on her, which is a pretty big win bet for me.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:41 PM

Today's DSM defines "oppositional defiant disorder" as a pattern of "negativistic, defiant, disobedient and hostile behavior toward authority figures." Symptoms include "often loses temper," "often deliberately annoys people" or "is often touchy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022603369.html#

You're an authority figure? That's funny.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:42 PM
As of now I only have a $20 Double with her that pays $76 and a $20 exacta with her on top of Dutrows horse.

She is 1-2 now though. Another tick higher and I will bet $500 to win on her, which is a pretty big win bet for me.

You're betting $500 on her? Without reading George Will, I'd diagnose you as having delusions of grandeur.

Dahoss9698
I'm not but this race is harder than you might think. honestly... not that much easier than yesterdays race.

Acting happy is going to be a legit stakes horse. book it.

never quicker is 1 for 1 and broke her maiden first out as well. I know becuase i made fun of her name lol and she won.

christine daae should not be 1/9.

if she wins this race easily she is legit.

Come on. This race isn't easier than yesterday's race? Really? The only competition scratched today. Never Quicker has made 4 starts, not 1.

Moyers Pond
You're an authority figure? That's funny.

That is how DaHoss sees me. I school him so often that is expected. :D

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:44 PM

I deliberately annoy people? How many boards have you been kicked off of?

andtheyreoff
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Won by abt. 4 lengths in 1:50.1.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Congrats MP - the blind squirrel theory is alive and well!

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Congrats MP - the blind squirrel theory is alive and well!

Well, I didn't bet her to win, but I will take the double and the exacta cold. :)

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
That is how DaHoss sees me. I school him so often that is expected. :D

Maybe you're just plain delusional.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, I didn't bet her to win, but I will take the double and the exacta cold. :)

She raced well, but I wouldn't bet on her turning into another RA. Anyway, it's been fun.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe you're just plain delusional.

Maybe?

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:51 PM
She raced well, but I wouldn't bet on her turning into another RA. Anyway, it's been fun.

No effort whatsoever. She can run 10f with ease. Somebody will buy her this week.

toussaud
02-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Come on. This race isn't easier than yesterday's race? Really? The only competition scratched today. Never Quicker has made 4 starts, not 1.
yes. i don't need to see a horse already entered in graded stakes, to know i am dealing with that calibur of horses.

going classic type distances, this field will do way more than the field yesterday.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:54 PM
No effort whatsoever. She can run 10f with ease. Somebody will buy her this week.

Don't weasel out now. You made a guarantee she would be sold by Tuesday to Godolphin. Let's see what happens.

Congrats on your fake hits. How many hotels on Baltic Ave does $250 buy?

toussaud
02-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Don't weasel out now. You made a guarantee she would be sold by Tuesday to Godolphin. Let's see what happens.

Congrats on your fake hits. How many hotels on Baltic Ave does $250 buy?
how are you going to trash someone when they made the right pick? talk about a sore loser. he even called the cold exacta for crying out loud.

mp won. give it up.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 03:58 PM
how are you going to trash someone when they made the right pick? talk about a sore loser. he even called the cold exacta for crying out loud.

mp won. give it up.

He clearly has no money to gamble and is annoyed by those of us that do.

I am also giving out Gleam of Hope in the next race at Tampa. Hopefully he can scrape together some money to bet on him.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
yes. i don't need to see a horse already entered in graded stakes, to know i am dealing with that calibur of horses.

going classic type distances, this field will do way more than the field yesterday.

We'll see.

Just for the record, you also proclaimed Bickersons was going to be the favorite for the BC Filly and Mare Sprint a few weeks ago.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 04:01 PM
We'll see.

Just for the record, you also proclaimed Bickersons was going to be the favorite for the BC Filly and Mare Sprint a few weeks ago.

Do you ever proclaim anything or make any picks or do you just sit and complain about your losers.

toussaud
02-28-2010, 04:01 PM
We'll see.

correct. and she will. as soon as they give up any oaks aspirations and keep her at 6-7F she is a lock on dirt.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:02 PM

mp won. give it up.

He won? Because a prohibitive favorite won an allowance race?

Cold exacta? It was the first and third choice. Come on already.

toussaud
02-28-2010, 04:03 PM

yet had he lost you would have been all over him.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 04:04 PM

It is $85 in my account either way.

Didn't see you select anything, and well I can't say I ever do see anything except complaints about your losers.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Do you ever proclaim anything or make any picks or do you just sit and complain about your losers.

I make my proclamations at the window. Internet talk is cheap.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
I make my proclamations at the window. Internet talk is cheap.

Where the drive through window at McDonalds? We all know you are broke today and have no money to gamble because Gulfstream ripped you off yesterday. :D

Try saving the $10 you were going to blow at McDonalds and put it on Gleam of Hope at Tampa.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:09 PM
It is $85 in my account either way.

Didn't see you select anything, and well I can't say I ever do see anything except complaints about your losers.

I didn't bet the race. I'm not a chalk eating weasel. I'm a pick 3 and pick 4 player.

But, for the record I also selected Discreetly Mine last week. The difference is I didn't feel the need to make a big deal out of it.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
yet had he lost you would have been all over him.

I'd like to see PA create a room for you, Moyers Pond and Stillriledup and just let you three go at it.

He could probably charge people to watch it.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I didn't bet the race. I'm not a chalk eating weasel. I'm a pick 3 and pick 4 player.

But, for the record I also selected Discreetly Mine last week. The difference is I didn't feel the need to make a big deal out of it.

Well I am going to go watch the hockey game, but considering the "chalk eating weasel" has been cashing tickets all day, and you are crying about your loses at GP, I hope your luck changes.

Gleam of Hope

Won't be here to gloat or eat my pick because I must watch the USA turn things around, but maybe you should use my selections and you might feel what is it like to be a winner. :D

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Well I am going to go watch the hockey game, but considering the "chalk eating weasel" has been cashing tickets all day, and you are crying about your loses at GP, I hope your luck changes.

Gleam of Hope

Won't be here to gloat or eat my pick because I must watch the USA turn things around, but maybe you should use my selections and you might feel what is it like to be a winner. :D

More chalk. I'm shocked. Just to keep things fun, I'm going to bet African Moon.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 04:27 PM
More chalk. I'm shocked. Just to keep things fun, I'm going to bet African Moon.

Third choice is not chalk.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Third choice is not chalk.

You're giving out 5/2 shots like anyone cares. The only place anyone puffs out their chest for giving out $7 horses is the internet. You'd be laughed at if you were at the track. Sort of like you are laughed at here.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 04:38 PM
You're giving out 5/2 shots like anyone cares. The only place anyone puffs out their chest for giving out $7 horses is the internet. You'd be laughed at if you were at the track. Sort of like you are laughed at here.

Maybe, but I just made a few more dollars, 3.80, 3.20. A profit is a profit. Thanks for your money. :D

BluegrassProf
02-28-2010, 04:44 PM
OT: USA has bumbled its way back into the game. If they somehow pull off a win, the Canadians should be fined. :faint:

Hanover1
02-28-2010, 04:45 PM

Umm....They don't tout horses because heavy hitters such as yourself would ruin the odds?

toussaud
score?

BluegrassProf
2-1 Canada, going into 3rd...

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Maybe, but I just made a few more dollars, 3.80, 3.20. A profit is a profit. Thanks for your money. :D

It takes a real winner to brag about winning a fake few dollars. The kind of winner that pretends to be in the military on another board and gets kicked off for making anti semetic remarks.

I've embarrassed you enough and I won't pollute PA's board anymore with this nonsense.

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
score?

Moyers Pond: 54 posts

Everyone else in the world: 58

But it could go into overtime as it appears he has found yet another break in his extremely hectic schedule.

GaryG
02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Did I stumble into either the Children's Hour or the Twilight Zone?

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Did I stumble into either the Children's Hour or the Twilight Zone?

It's actually Uncle Jesse's garage. Welcome home.

Hanover1
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Dude reminds me of a guy named Dan Nance......

OTM Al
02-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow, I was just going to log in and say it was a fairly unimpressive win against a very unimpressive field. Descent looking horse who could be something but has proved nothing yet.

toussaud
02-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow, I was just going to log in and say it was a fairly unimpressive win against a very unimpressive field. Descent looking horse who could be something but has proved nothing yet.
the 2nd place finisher will be in the kentucky oaks.

Hanover1
02-28-2010, 05:46 PM

Hanover1
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
I was leaning more towards this years Woodward against older males including QR.........

NTamm1215
02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Wait, so Christine Daae's win was more impressive because Acting Happy is so good? The biggest problem with that is that Acting Happy has shown basically no signs of being good.

I think it's pretty tough to dispute that Christine Daae would have been in hot water yesterday against Amen Hallelujah. The route experience probably did her a world of good but she had a soft trip today stalking a moderate pace against a very weak field. The biggest thing Christine Daae and Acting Happy have going for them is that the 3YO fillies on the east coast that look like they'll go long are very, very bad. I think Amen Hallelujah is going to be best at or around a mile and Bickersons can't even go that far.

NT

WinterTriangle
02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
But it's nice to see a horse actually able to go 9F in their 3rd start, after only running 6F and 7F maiden races.

(In her first race, she didn't beat that lovely Pulpit filly, Mi Sueno, who if she was still around, would be a force to reckon with, IMHO. Mi Sueno was 4-2-2-0 when she got injured, and she's beat Blind Luck, La Nez, Necessary Evil {2x} and Christine Daae)

I was really sad when they had to retire her.

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
83 Beyer today for Christine Daae. Just a tad lower than the 105 Quiet Chris predicted.

79 for future Kentucky Oaks starter Acting Happy.

the little guy
02-28-2010, 09:29 PM
83 Beyer today for Christine Daae. Just a tad lower than the 105 Quiet Chris predicted.

This year's Rachel apparently isn't very fast.

Relwob Owner
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM

I admit that I have given this way too much thought but my theory about Moyers Pond/Quiet Chris is that he/she is a 16 year old......just googles info and spits it out. It is really the only explanation for me right now.....

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I admit that I have given this way too much thought but my theory about Moyers Pond/Quiet Chris is that he/she is a 16 year old......just googles info and spits it out. It is really the only explanation for me right now.....

I don't think you are far off.

WinterTriangle
02-28-2010, 10:57 PM
83 Beyer today for Christine Daae.

Not a Christine fan, but:

1) Beyer speeds in February before TC races:

War Emblem - 85
Mine that Bird - 81
Sea Hero - something dismal, I forgot what---but was busy losing allowances in February...3rd in an allowance and was 9th in the Palm Beach Stakes :D before that one
Charismatic - 95
Giacomo - 93
Barbaro - 95
Smarty Jones 95

2) History question: how many horses, in 10 years, have won the derby on a prep race win.......... BEFORE March?

Every blog I've read doesn't even have some of the "real" contenders, (like ****) in their top 15........ Because every time a new horse wins a prep race, they go on 'the list'. :rolleyes:

"triple beyer" number horses in the not to distant past...among the top 20 derby starters for 2009: Pyro, ZFortune, Gayego, Recapturetheglory, Bob Black Jack......

(IMHO if you wanna pick some derby horses this early, you GOTTA stay off the derby fever bandwagons. Cause the horse ain't there.)

Dahoss9698
02-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm not really sure what you are asking or trying to say WT. But I don't think Christine Daae is a Derby contender and I can't imagine her connections do after today's slow effort.

She's a nice horse. She has the potential to win a lot money and stakes this year if healthy. And at this point, if she continues to develop she's going to be a force to be reckoned with in the Kentucky Oaks. But she would have been out of the money in the stake yesterday based on what she did today.

My whole point from the beginning of this thread is comparing her to Rachel Alexandra is ridiculous. Plain and simple.

WinterTriangle
03-01-2010, 12:41 AM
comparing her to Rachel Alexandra is ridiculous.

Fillies with natural abilities like RA or eightbelles.... not many like them. that's the caliber you need for TC races.

I think the trainer is doing good job getting Christine Daae to go long, and is moving her thru her conditions in a logical way. Seems sensible that she did not go in the stakes race. Convinced me the trainer knows what the horse is at this point in her career, and what to do with her.

born2ride
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
2) History question: how many horses, in 10 years, have won the derby on a prep race win.......... BEFORE March?

Three. Tapit, Barbaro, and Curlin.

46zilzal
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Three. Tapit, Barbaro, and Curlin.

TAPIT???? not in my record books

Dahoss9698
03-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Curlin didn't win the Derby either. But I still don't understand what the original question is asking.

Stillriledup
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Comparing this horse to Rachel is reckless and insulting. We wait our whole lives for a horse like Rachel, she stands alone with only a few all time greats who even compare to her and we have some forgettable horse who wins a race by a large margin and all of a sudden, she's the 2nd coming.

Rachel is a once in a lifetime horse, you won't see another one as good as her in your lifetime....unless, of course, you live to well over 100, than you have a shot.

OTM Al
03-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Comparing this horse to Rachel is reckless and insulting. We wait our whole lives for a horse like Rachel, she stands alone with only a few all time greats who even compare to her and we have some forgettable horse who wins a race by a large margin and all of a sudden, she's the 2nd coming.

Rachel is a once in a lifetime horse, you won't see another one as good as her in your lifetime....unless, of course, you live to well over 100, than you have a shot.

I wouldn't go that far. Have been some extremely good fillies here and there over the years and one called Ruffian was in my lifetime.

In comparison with Rachel though, by this time in her career, Rachel had run 7 times, winning 4 including a Gr2 and a listed stake and second in 2 grade 3s. She had just hit the triple digit BSF level in the 1 mile Martha Washington after running a 99 in her last race of her 2yo year.

This horse, while nice is still eligible for a NW2X and is still several legths slower at this point of her career.

You know, its fun to pick out a horse and call him/her out first and 99 times out of 100 you'll get props for it if it works out or nothing will be said if it doesn't because it's a tough game. The OP is definitely 1 in 100 though....

born2ride
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
TAPIT???? not in my record books
Oh, oops. He won in April which is obviously not before March. :eek:

joanied
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM

:D ...my mom is 98...pretty close to that 100 mark, Stillriledup...she loves the races and when she saw Rachel's races on TV, she said and I quote.."my, my, my...I think I have never seen a female horse run that good" I reminded her about Ruffian...mom said "Oh, I don't care, Rachel is the best"

Anyway...my sentiments about Christine Daae are pretty much the same as most here...she's winning her way through her conditions...but IMO, I don't see anything 'special' about her...fractions on Sunday were rather flat, and I doubt we'll see any of those fillies in a Grade 1.
C.Daae is going to have to really step it up if I am going to sing her praises.

Moyers Pond
03-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Dude reminds me of a guy named Dan Nance......
:D

Dahoss9698
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Maybe Christine Daae's new owners will map out her schedule differently (she's being sold tomorrow for 3 million, right?). But Biancone doesn't sound like the Florida Derby is in his plans with her.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111140.html

Biancone is also excited over the prospect of watching his top 3-year-old filly Christine Daae develop as the year goes on. Christine Daae registered her second easy win this winter and first around two turns when she cruised to a 2 3/4-length entry-level allowance victory going nine furlongs under Corey Nakatani on Sunday.

"That was perfect," said Biancone. "She relaxed very well and when called upon she was gone."

Biancone had entered Christine Daae, a daughter of Giant's Causeway, in last Saturday's Grade 2 Davona Dale but opted to scratch for Sunday's softer spot.

"She had enough quality to run in the Davona Dale, but it would have been a hard race and might have taken its toll down the road," said Biancone. "Especially since we're thinking of bringing her back in three weeks for the Bonnie Miss. That's if she's doing okay. If not, we can wait a week or two and find a race at the Fair Grounds or Oaklawn, although I'd prefer not to travel."

horses4courses
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
That filly looked nice yesterday, for sure.

Don't get me started on Biancone, though.
There is hardly a racetrack in the world that will allow the man to set foot inside it.

A master of the hidden edge.....

Saratoga_Mike
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
That filly looked nice yesterday, for sure.

Don't get me started on Biancone, though.
There is hardly a racetrack in the world that will allow the man to set foot inside it.

A master of the hidden edge.....

I think you meant there's hardly a track outside the United States...

horses4courses
03-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I think you meant there's hardly a track outside the United States...

Thanks for correcting me, Mike.
You get my drift.

We play Biancone's type of game over here - liberal use of equine pharmaceuticals.
Even with that, he still has problems playing by the rules.

andtheyreoff
03-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Since Moyers isn't here, I'll try to do my best impression.

Today Christine Daae is entered in the Bonnie Miss. She will blow by Amen Halleljuah and win so convincingly she will jump to the top of everyone's Derby list.

After she wins the Kentucky Derby, she will make everyone forget about that duck Rachel but not about the greatest horse of all time, Zenyatta!

Unfortunately, the clowns at NYRA will be her undoing at the Belmont this year. At least she'll still be in training next year to win the Grand National.

toussaud
03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
she will win and win nicely

MP gets alot of flack but he's dead on with this fillies ability

Show Me the Wire
03-20-2010, 02:13 PM
It will be a good test for her. Amen Hallelujah is a very talented filly with a sustained move and a good looking stride. Christine Daae, to me, looks like she possesses a little better stride and she gets rave reviews from Gary Stevens too.

Switch, is the wild card. She is a nice filly, with a proclivity to pull, which leaves her a little short at the finish. If she settles today, which is a big if, based on all her prior performances, she will be tough.

toussaud
03-20-2010, 02:27 PM
It will be a good test for her. Amen Hallelujah is a very talented filly with a sustained move and a good looking stride. Christine Daae, to me, looks like she possesses a little better stride and she gets rave reviews from Gary Stevens too.

Switch, is the wild card. She is a nice filly, with a proclivity to pull, which leaves her a little short at the finish. If she settles today, which is a big if, based on all her prior performances, she will be tough.
i agree

Tread
03-20-2010, 04:19 PM
WP Moyers Pond, WP sir.

andtheyreoff
03-20-2010, 04:20 PM
What little credibility Moyers Pond had is now lost.

joanied
03-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Hah!! Glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon for C Daae...now I feel better:) ...can't imagine how this 'next Rachel' filly ran so poorly...but she sure needs to improove to get anywhere near Rachel:D ...
I really thought Amen H would take this one...but she ran a good race never the less...I actually had it picked for Amen H to win, Joanie's Catch 2nd & Devil May care for the place...close, but no brass ring for me;)

toussaud
03-20-2010, 04:32 PM
man you guys are like kids

first of all, corey notajocki is having one of the worst weeks' of a big rider i have seen in a while. that was kiddie school riding on the first turn.

and hell, even if she didn't pan out, you guys act like you guys are never wrong about a horse. EVERYONE was wrong about mine that bird last year. please stop acting like kids.

joanied
03-20-2010, 04:34 PM

first of all, corey notajocki is having one of the worst weeks' of a big rider i have seen in a while. that was kiddie school riding on the first turn.

and hell, even if she didn't pan out, you guys act like you guys are never wrong about a horse. EVERYONE was wrong about mine that bird last year. please stop acting like kids.

Don't you see we're having a little fun...at least, I am:jump:

Tread
03-20-2010, 04:50 PM

Sorry Toussaud, I have NEVER made such extreme statements like the baseless and absolutely ridiculous statements made in this thread about ANY horse EVER. There is a HUGE difference between "liking" a horse and then being wrong about it and the positions that were taking in this thread. I'm sorry you are too simple minded to see the difference.

wizard_of_odds
03-20-2010, 06:45 PM

Sorry to see her butt kicked today...Maybe too much too soon

Relwob Owner
03-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Noone's "acting like kids"....you seem to have read MP's somewhat obnoxious posts enough to know that he tends to just throw stuff out there.....when you do that and it doesnt stick, it tends to come back at you quickly....

Plus, your comment of MP gets alot of flack but he's dead on with this fillies ability shows that like him, you severely overestimated the ability of a horse who had only run three times and had never won more than a maiden and an allowance race......lastly, you go to the old, tired "blame the jockey" excuse, instead of just saying you may have been wrong......one could say this is a little childish, no??????

My take would be not to make bold statements if you cant take the backlash if you are proven wrong......just my opinion

WinterTriangle
03-20-2010, 08:55 PM
What little credibility Moyers Pond had is now lost.

It has nothing to do with credibility. There are TONS of people who loved Christine D. She was 2-1 on the m/l and went off at 6/5 :lol:

One could say that about just about any stakes race posted here on this board. 95% of everyone is wrong. (you should follow it sometime.....)

It seems, however, that there are a few people that seem to catch flak for bad picks.......and many others don't.

So, I object to your "credibility" comment about another poster here.

Relwob Owner
03-20-2010, 08:58 PM
It seems, however, that there are a few people that seem to catch flak for bad picks.......and many others don't.

So, I object to your "credibility" comment about another poster here.[/QUOTE]

WT,

Moyers littered this board with often ridiculous statements and had an obvious agenda against NYRA, I believe.....I would recommend reading his/her posts throughly and I think you will probably withdraw your objection......

Stillriledup
03-20-2010, 10:02 PM
It has nothing to do with credibility. There are TONS of people who loved Christine D. She was 2-1 on the m/l and went off at 6/5 :lol:

One could say that about just about any stakes race posted here on this board. 95% of everyone is wrong. (you should follow it sometime.....)

So, I object to your "credibility" comment about another poster here.

Bad pick is one thing, Comparing her to the best 3 year old filly who's ever looked through a bridle is another.

Show Me the Wire
03-20-2010, 10:31 PM
An example of physically looking great, but not being great on the track. She moves beautifully in the morning, looked the part in the post parade and failed the test.

Christine Daae has no excuse. Switch pulled early as usual and A.H. was a bit rank while being restrained from wanting to head Switch on the backside and both finished in front of Christine Daae.

Another item from this race can also qualify why racing is not attracting new fans. The winner, Pletcher's horse did a complete form reversal, from her last two races. The aws is an acceptable excuse that most experienced handicappers can overlook, but combined with the 2nd poor effort on the dirt track it tends to show a horse off form.

However, we learn via post race interview, in the prior start, the gate crew used tongs on her ears and pulled her tail. As Pletcher explained the horse was upset after the procedure and didn't focus on running. Pletcher went on to say that the gate treatment was an important piece of information, that most people didn't know about.

I agree. Using tongs on a horse's ears can be detrimental and information such as this should be disclosed to the public. Knowing about the tongs a handicapper may have excused the 2nd poor effort, by understanding that unrelated excuses may have effected the horse's performance. Without the knowledge of the tongs being used, the pps paint an entirely different picture.

The failure of making available important information is one of the reasons racing loses credibility among its fans and makes it very difficult to form new fans.

Stillriledup
03-20-2010, 11:34 PM
An example of physically looking great, but not being great on the track. She moves beautifully in the morning, looked the part in the post parade and failed the test.

Christine Daae has no excuse. Switch pulled early as usual and A.H. was a bit rank while being restrained from wanting to head Switch on the backside and both finished in front of Christine Daae.

Another item from this race can also qualify why racing is not attracting new fans. The winner, Pletcher's horse did a complete form reversal, from her last two races. The aws is an acceptable excuse that most experienced handicappers can overlook, but combined with the 2nd poor effort on the dirt track it tends to show a horse off form.

However, we learn via post race interview, in the prior start, the gate crew used tongs on her ears and pulled her tail. As Pletcher explained the horse was upset after the procedure and didn't focus on running. Pletcher went on to say that the gate treatment was an important piece of information, that most people didn't know about.

I agree. Using tongs on a horse's ears can be detrimental and information such as this should be disclosed to the public. Knowing about the tongs a handicapper may have excused the 2nd poor effort, by understanding that unrelated excuses may have effected the horse's performance. Without the knowledge of the tongs being used, the pps paint an entirely different picture.

The failure of making available important information is one of the reasons racing loses credibility among its fans and makes it very difficult to form new fans.

I don't think the failure to announce 'first time tongs off' is the reason fans are staying away. Most fans don't have the time or knowledge to process all the currently available information, i don't think one more thing like this is going to matter all that much.

Also, there is the need for information that's not made public imo because the more information that's made available, the more accurate the odds are going to be and the more of a factor the takeout rate is going to be. I'm not saying that they should HIDE information, but not every little tidbit needs to be relayed to the public. If you want to get 'tongs' information, go to the track live and stand by the gate and watch.

Show Me the Wire
03-21-2010, 12:43 AM
The point is to the new fan or the jaded fan it looks like a suspicious form reversal. A suspicious form reversal from a trainer that has been the target of accusations.

I am not saying every bit of information must be disclosed, but something like tonging a horse's ear can have a drastic effect on the horse's performance.

BUt we digress, the topic is Christine Daae. She had no excuse today, not even a tonged ear or a pulled tail.

WinterTriangle
03-21-2010, 01:21 AM
and had an obvious agenda against NYRA, I believe.....I would recommend reading his/her posts throughly and I think you will probably withdraw your objection......

Perhaps you're right, I don't read posts thoroughly enough.

If I did, I'm sure I'd notice that MP isn't be the only poster here with an "agenda".

I guess, since we are all human, it just makes a difference if someone's agenda is one you agree or disagree with. ;)

Just sayin'...... he's not the onliest one. I really try not to bash people about their horse racing picks based on their politics. I find them to be mutually exclusive.

WinterTriangle
03-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Joanie's Catch 2nd & Devil May care for the place...close, but no brass ring for me;)

I wagered Joanie for place, she showed. :( One thing you can say about her, she shows up, ITM, again and again. Professional little race horse, I'd love to have one like that!

as for Christine, not on my ticket. Just never saw it, but apparently, many thought they did so I can't knock her.

Dahoss9698
03-21-2010, 09:03 AM
she will win and win nicely

MP gets alot of flack but he's dead on with this fillies ability

Big day for you and Moyers Pond. First Christine Daae is up the track (this year's Rachel Alexandra), then Bickersons (future BC F & M Sprint favorite) up the track at 3-5.

Spalding No!
03-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Big day for you and Moyers Pond. First Christine Daae is up the track (this year's Rachel Alexandra), then Bickersons (future BC F & M Sprint favorite) up the track at 3-5.

Not so fast, Patrick Biancone said this filly was better than All Along.

Maybe she just needs 12 furlongs on the turf, ideally in France.

I'm kind of bummed she didn't win. Biancone seemed so interesting in talking up the horse that one could imagine she'd at least point to the Kentucky Derby afterwards if not actually start in it.

Imagine those threads...

bushwick
03-21-2010, 12:06 PM
pulling a horses tail have the same results as pulling your father's finger?:lol: I don't understand why the gate crew would pull the horses tail. As far as the tong's go I am sure they were used because the filly was being unruly and something has to be done in a matter of seconds to keep everybody safe. If she is usually good in the gate and acted up that day there were other issues bothering her more than the tongs. Maybe in season or just woke up on the wrong side of the stall. Most horses that behave well in the starting gate only act up if some sort of ailment whether it be physical or mental has surfaced. So in my opinion the tongs were secondary she was going to run bad with or without them.

Show Me the Wire
03-21-2010, 02:34 PM
bushwick:

Especially, when horses don't mind cows eating their tales. The tail pulling was Pletcher's words and I played along.

But being unruly at the gate is another issue. When a horse breaks through the gate it is noted, and all that really is unruly behavior. Some unruly behavior is more important than others.

However, the topic of this thread is Christine Daae and her losing effort was not a result of Pletcher's horse not being ear tonged.

Stillriledup
06-04-2010, 03:00 AM
CD entered at Monmouth on Saturday.

onefast99
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
CD entered at Monmouth on Saturday.
Came up light for a 100k stakes race.

joanied
06-04-2010, 10:36 AM
pulling a horses tail have the same results as pulling your father's finger?:lol: I don't understand why the gate crew would pull the horses tail. As far as the tong's go I am sure they were used because the filly was being unruly and something has to be done in a matter of seconds to keep everybody safe. If she is usually good in the gate and acted up that day there were other issues bothering her more than the tongs. Maybe in season or just woke up on the wrong side of the stall. Most horses that behave well in the starting gate only act up if some sort of ailment whether it be physical or mental has surfaced. So in my opinion the tongs were secondary she was going to run bad with or without them.

Quick note... when you are behind a horse, and don't want them to try kicking you, you pull the tail. It works!!

Robert Fischer
06-04-2010, 11:51 AM
can somebody put a "?" at the end of the thread title

andtheyreoff
07-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Christine Daae is entered in the Jersey Shore on Sunday. Maybe now Godolphin will buy her.

andtheyreoff
07-04-2010, 07:39 PM
A well beaten 5th.

The dream is over.

onefast99
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
A well beaten 5th.

The dream is over.
Why not place her in 3 y/o races just for the fillies?

Spalding No!
07-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Why not place her in 3 y/o races just for the fillies?
I don't know if there's a valid excuse for today's run (other than facing quality colts) or if the filly would have done better in the Prioress, but if people still have faith in this horse's talent she should be boxcar odds if she moves on to the Test next out.

toussaud
07-04-2010, 09:34 PM
SHE HAS TALENT

she toyed with a grade 2 winner in acting happy. she can run.

i think snake man is forcing it. maybe she is still too green or needs some more time. but the talent is there and it's obvious she can run.

Stillriledup
07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
This was a silly 5-1 shot, this was a race with very good males.

Spalding No!
07-04-2010, 09:54 PM
SHE HAS TALENT

i think snake man is forcing it. maybe she is still too green or needs some more time. but the talent is there and it's obvious she can run.
Where is Acting Happy?

FenceBored
07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Where is Acting Happy?

Acting Happy:

Aqueduct 7/04/10 http://www.equibase.com/images/spc.gif Dirt http://www.equibase.com/images/spc.gif 6F 1:15.77 Breezing

letswastemoney
07-04-2010, 11:35 PM
SHE HAS TALENT

In other words, she's gotten easy set ups in all her wins and has been exposed for the fraud she is.

Stillriledup
04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Winner Winner chicken dinner!

The next Rachel just won at Gulfstream paying 3.80! ;)

my_nameaintearl
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
This is my favorite thread... all kinds of jokes in here

toussaud
07-03-2011, 07:00 PM
just finished off the board in the bed of roses stakes at belmont.

I really thought this one was special at one point.,

Stillriledup
07-03-2011, 07:04 PM
just finished off the board in the bed of roses stakes at belmont.

I really thought this one was special at one point.,

There's only one Rachel! ;)

toussaud
08-31-2011, 02:06 PM
wow she is bad

PhantomOnTour
08-31-2011, 02:12 PM
They don't know what to do with her...tried a turf route in last and now back down in class to a dirt sprint...whatever....

Citation1947
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
I guess someone is missing their cobra venom?