PDA

View Full Version : Harness Eye Program

Sea Biscuit
01-16-2010, 12:53 PM
A sample of a Harness Eye program for the Meadowlands can be had by clicking on this link

http://media.live.harnesslink.com/files/f1238098362.pd

Sea Biscuit

Sea Biscuit
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Hmmm The link does not work

Try this

http://www.harnesscharts.com/

SB

MiJan
01-16-2010, 02:46 PM
http://media.live.harnesslink.com/files/f1238098362.pd <--add 'f '

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2010, 06:11 PM
http://media.live.harnesslink.com/files/f1238098362.pdf

Pacingguy
01-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Why they don't sell their programs online I don't know.

Dboomster
01-17-2010, 10:09 AM
While it seems obvious that we should, sometimes things are going on behind the scenes that prohibit certain actions.

Tom
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I think that the biggest problem with harness acing is the embarrassingly lack of good, affordable data for the game. They are stuck in the 1970's at best.

wilderness
01-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I think that the biggest problem with harness acing is the embarrassingly lack of good, affordable data for the game. They are stuck in the 1970's at best.

Tom,
Your comment doesn't just apply to racing data in harness racing.

In preserving data (and especially history) and even though progress has been made (via non-funded non-industry efforts), harness racing is light years behind T-Breds.

I look at the massive database design going back to 1st Kentucky Derby and the opportunity to select most any "field" from each individual result chart. Harness racing has nothing likr that.
NOT even for the Kentucky Futurity (try even locating an accurate list of past winners online), which has existed nearly as long as the Kentucky Derby.

fmolf
01-18-2010, 07:04 PM
as a novice harness guy I do like t way they present the fractions instead of the way trackmaster does it....Whos speed figures are better?....what are some of the other pp's out their for harness? and which are the best?I am going to go to yonkers on one of the next three sat. nights and i think I will get a harness eye if i can.How many tracks are in one paper for a sat. night of racing?

melman
01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
fmolf---As far as I know there are only three pp's available. Trackmaster, Harness Eye and the simulcast program.
That program is lousy with just basic lines.
Opps I forgot I believe BRIS offers pp's also the same as TMs.
As to who is best that's up to the likes or dislikes of a person. I'm sure LottaKash likes the numbers at TM the best. I like the "Eye".
Poster "Dboomster" would know for sure but I think that Harness Eye has 8 to 10 tracks pp's on a Sat night. When you go to Yonkers in person I am sure you can buy a Harness Eye.

Canarsie
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
as a novice harness guy I do like t way they present the fractions instead of the way trackmaster does it....Whos speed figures are better?....what are some of the other pp's out their for harness? and which are the best?I am going to go to yonkers on one of the next three sat. nights and i think I will get a harness eye if i can.How many tracks are in one paper for a sat. night of racing?

Harness Eyes should have 4-6 tracks with their most detailed data. They usually include a few others in much smaller print at the back of the paper. I used to love getting it but at $6 a pop Trackmaster has me hooked on the unlimited plan plus I get the use of statmaster which gives great driver -trainer figures and ROI's for individual tracks.

Don't look for Harness Eye at Yonkers they don't sell it as far as I know. M1 sells them as soon as you walk in but that's another story.

Dboomster
01-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Harness Eye almost always has 6 or 7 tracks in extended (large) PP format and another 2 to 6 tracks in smaller format.
It is on sale at Yonkers, but you need to trek up to the fourth floor simulcast area because Yonkers refuses to sell it on the track apron.

DG

Canarsie
01-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Harness Eye almost always has 6 or 7 tracks in extended (large) PP format and another 2 to 6 tracks in smaller format.
It is on sale at Yonkers, but you need to trek up to the fourth floor simulcast area because Yonkers refuses to sell it on the track apron.

DG

That's good news I had never seen them there and stopped going up and started buying the simulcast programs from the tellers. Stop on the third floor for a burger they are really really good even if it was an outside place. :ThmbUp:

fmolf
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
That's good news I had never seen them there and stopped going up and started buying the simulcast programs from the tellers. Stop on the third floor for a burger they are really really good even if it was an outside place. :ThmbUp:
Canarsie and dboomster...thanks i have been to yonkers twice with the wife and our friends ..once we ate in the restaurant the empire room(excellent by the way)....once in the deli for a burger excellent as well! i did not know about the simulcast upstairs i stayed on the apron because weather was warm and they had flats on track level so i stayed their.Ialso playe in the empire room they had a teller their and a tv at each table with all their track feeds on it.I like going their and now i know more about harness thanks to all the knowledge andexperience i am getting from the people here..thanks everybody.....