PDA

View Full Version : Robertson & Glover

Valuist
01-16-2010, 10:23 AM
We all saw how the media attacked Pat Robertson for the foolish comments he made the other day. But will they attack far-left actor Danny Glover for his equally idiotic comments about the earthquake? Glover claimed that the recent earthquake in Haiti was a result of "world leaders not coming to an agreement on (alleged) global warming". Several questions come to mind:

1. What in the hell is the connection between supposed climate change and earthquakes?
2. Why do Hollywood types feel inclined to give their opinion on subjects they know nothing about? Stick to movies and shut the f-k up
3. Why does the media listen to them?

Tom
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Glover would fit in here nicely. He has that "duh" quality about his that some here seem so proud of. :lol:

Rookies
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
He has that "duh" quality about his that some here seem so proud of.

His Master's voice articulating the self known truth about his own true believer personality. Couldn't spell "C*O*N" if you spotted him a C and an N. :lol:

mostpost
01-16-2010, 12:41 PM
We all saw how the media attacked Pat Robertson for the foolish comments he made the other day. But will they attack far-left actor Danny Glover for his equally idiotic comments about the earthquake? Glover claimed that the recent earthquake in Haiti was a result of "world leaders not coming to an agreement on (alleged) global warming". Several questions come to mind:

1. What in the hell is the connection between supposed climate change and earthquakes?
2. Why do Hollywood types feel inclined to give their opinion on subjects they know nothing about? Stick to movies and shut the f-k up
3. Why does the media listen to them?
Glover was right. Global Warming does cause earthquakes. IF the temperature goes up to four million degrees. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But, there is a difference between Robertson and Glover. Robertson made deliberate statements which denigrated a people, accused them of being devil worshippers, and downplayed the tragedy which they were undergoing.
Glover merely displayed a woeful ignorance of climate, plate tectonics, and fault lines.

mostpost
01-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Glover was right. Global Warming does cause earthquakes. IF the temperature goes up to four million degrees. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But, there is a difference between Robertson and Glover. Robertson made deliberate statements which denigrated a people, accused them of being devil worshippers, and downplayed the tragedy which they were undergoing.
Glover merely displayed a woeful ignorance of climate, plate tectonics, and fault lines.
I fear I owe Danny Glover an apology. I went back and listened to the audio of his interview. Something which I am sure many here did not. Nowhere in the interview did he say the earthquake was caused by global warming. What he said was "The threat of what happened to Haiti is a threat that could happen in the Caribbean to all of these island nations." End of Sentence. He then continues; "They're all in peril because of global warming" IT'S A NEW THOUGHT. RELATED TO FIRST THOUGHT ONLY IN THE SENSE THAT BOTH ARE NATURAL DISASTERS.
It is certainly true that any of the islands in the area could be victims of an earthquake such as struck Haiti. (although hopefully the damage would not be as severe, since I am sure their building codes are superior) And it is true that Glover believes that GW could cause disaster for islands in the Caribean.
But, because he mentions the possibilities in succeeding sentences, does not indicate that he thinks one caused the other. Especially since he did not say it did.
AND PLEASE. Let's not get into another discussion of Global Warming. I'm merely reiterating what DG said on the subject.

boxcar
01-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I fear I owe Danny Glover an apology. I went back and listened to the audio of his interview. Something which I am sure many here did not. Nowhere in the interview did he say the earthquake was caused by global warming. What he said was "The threat of what happened to Haiti is a threat that could happen in the Caribbean to all of these island nations." End of Sentence. He then continues; "They're all in peril because of global warming" IT'S A NEW THOUGHT. RELATED TO FIRST THOUGHT ONLY IN THE SENSE THAT BOTH ARE NATURAL DISASTERS.
It is certainly true that any of the islands in the area could be victims of an earthquake such as struck Haiti. (although hopefully the damage would not be as severe, since I am sure their building codes are superior) And it is true that Glover believes that GW could cause disaster for islands in the Caribean.
But, because he mentions the possibilities in succeeding sentences, does not indicate that he thinks one caused the other. Especially since he did not say it did.
AND PLEASE. Let's not get into another discussion of Global Warming. I'm merely reiterating what DG said on the subject.

Really? "BOTH ARE NATURAL DISASTERS"? Since when did MAN-made global warming become a natural disaster, Mosty?

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I fear I owe Danny Glover an apology. I went back and listened to the audio of his interview...

You may be my hero. If you listened to that undecipherable rambling and heard coherent sentences that translated to discernable reasoning, then you are indeed the man.

I had an easier time listening to the Haitians talking about Danny Glover than Danny Glover talking about Haitians.

mostpost
01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Really? "BOTH ARE NATURAL DISASTERS"? Since when did MAN-made global warming become a natural disaster, Mosty?

BoxcarSo, you admit that global warming is man made. Welcome aboard. :lol:

sandpit
01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
But, there is a difference between Robertson and Glover.

You're right, there is a big difference between the 2 of them. Glover is an actor, nothing more. Robertson is the leader of a modern Christian movement that has a large number of followers who believe much of what he says without question. Glover and his opinions are both inconsequential. Robertson's cannot be dismissed so easily. He has a much greater impact on society in general.

bigmack
01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
So, you admit that global warming is man made.
Certainly global warming is man made. It's an untrue concept made up by men. (if you can call fraudulent schnooks men)

Tom
01-16-2010, 04:44 PM
His Master's voice articulating the self known truth about his own true believer personality. Couldn't spell "C*O*N" if you spotted him a C and an N. :lol:

I don't speak Canadian. Or Martian?
Can you translate to people?

boxcar
01-16-2010, 11:45 PM
So, you admit that global warming is man made. Welcome aboard. :lol:

Answer my question. Do you characterize "man-made" global warming as being a natural disaster? Don't be a coward. For once, stand up for something that you believe in. Just answer a very direct question and, of course, be willing to take the consequences for your answer. ;)

Boxcar

Robert Goren
01-17-2010, 12:12 AM
The difference between the two is obvious. Danny Glover is an idiot and everyone knows it and no one except a few people on the right pays any attention to what he says. They, I am pretty sure, don't believe him. Pat Robertson is also an idiot, but unfornately there are some people who follow him. As hard as it to believe, people actually send him money. I maybe wrong, but I don't know of anyone who is sending Danny Glover money. If you do send Glover money, please let me know so I can retract that statement.

johnhannibalsmith
01-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Stupid turd got at least $1.74 off me for his part in Lethal Weapon II...

bigmack
01-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Stupid turd got at least $1.74 off me for his part in Lethal Weapon II...
:lol: :lol:

I can't bring myself to address this Goran goof. While I think Robertson is getting unhinged, could you remind him of all the philanthropic endeavors he has been involved with?

Such a odd viewing.

MSNBC in a continual bash of Christianity and now in a continual loop of 'help the Haitians'.

Bottom line is that Christian Missionaries have worked tirelessly in that country for decades with little fanfare from the likes of MSNBC. Now they roll tape of people in distress, drink Chablis, go home, read The Times and think they're the sole ones that have made a difference.

Elitist concern that amounts to a photo op and/or a feigned response that will easily turn on those that matter in the long haul.

PaceAdvantage
01-17-2010, 03:11 AM
As is the trend these days around here, please allow me to give you this BigMack:

Sharp Post! :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
01-17-2010, 07:27 AM
No shit...that was spot-on. Double :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

jballscalls
01-17-2010, 10:10 AM
:lol: :lol:

I can't bring myself to address this Goran goof. While I think Robertson is getting unhinged, could you remind him of all the philanthropic endeavors he has been involved with?

Such a odd viewing.

MSNBC in a continual bash of Christianity and now in a continual loop of 'help the Haitians'.

Bottom line is that Christian Missionaries have worked tirelessly in that country for decades with little fanfare from the likes of MSNBC. Now they roll tape of people in distress, drink Chablis, go home, read The Times and think they're the sole ones that have made a difference.

Elitist concern that amounts to a photo op and/or a feigned response that will easily turn on those that matter in the long haul.

i like the 2nd half of your post. Pat Robertson is one of those con men who is out for himself, his pocketbook and his cause. Has he donated millions to philanthropic efforts?? of course. But do you think his motivations are purely for philanthropy, or do you think he does it to make some more on the back end?? it always cracks me up how churches are such schills for money. i know they need operating funds, but you see the joel osteen's of the world living so oppulantly and it's easy to understand why some people think religion on tv is a big crock and a scam.

all that being said, couldnt agree more that many Christian missionaries do great work and MSNBC is the devil, i just think the Tv religion guys are way more out for themselves than they are anything philanthropic. and what Pat Robertson said was ludicrous, but harmless, there can't be people weak minded enough to follow what he says blindly, i'm sure his fans realize how out of line he was.

mostpost
01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
As is the trend these days around here, please allow me to give you this BigMack:

Sharp Post! :ThmbUp:
Yeah. A sharp post if a sharp post is one in which you ignore the facts, and demonstrate once again your own biases. Its great that the missionaries have been working in Haiti, but that has little to do with the present situation. Much more is needed now than could be provided by a few missionaries.
Please provide examples of the "continual bash of Christianity" Let me help you out here. Criicizing Brit Hume for his comments on Tiger Wood is not bashing Christianity. And saying that the United States was not established as a "Christian" nation is not bashing Christianity. And what is that about "a continual loop of 'Help the Hatians". I'm sure you are in favor of the Rush attitude of don't help anyone, anytime.
That might have more validity if MSNBC was the only news organization in Haiti. But I saw crews from news organizations such as CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC; and propaganda organizations like FOXNEWS.
Whoever "Goran" is, I don't think he is the goof here.

Tom
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM
If God were looking to extract vengence, I am quite sure MSNBC would top His list.

bigmack
01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm sure you are in favor of the Rush attitude of don't help anyone, anytime.
Given your utter confusion on virtually every subject, how sure are you of this?

boxcar
01-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah. A sharp post if a sharp post is one in which you ignore the facts, and demonstrate once again your own biases. Its great that the missionaries have been working in Haiti, but that has little to do with the present situation. Much more is needed now than could be provided by a few missionaries.

And should we infer from your remarks that the missionaries have NOW dropped the ball because they don't have all the needed resources to manage a catastrophe of this magnitude? Are we supposed to infer from your very thinly veiled sentiments indicated by the "but" that we should discount all the work missionaries have done all these many years? I believe you have exposed your own biases, sir.
I'm sure you are in favor of the Rush attitude of don't help anyone, anytime.

Can you prove that Rush has expressed these kinds of sentiments?

Whoever "Goran" is, I don't think he is the goof here.

Certainly not compared to the Goof of Goofs, Mr. Mosty. (And, yes, the shoe fits you, in case there's any doubt.) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Go to the horse's mouth...for a change, instead of havig his word filtered through the morons at MSNBC.....

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011510/content/01125106.guest.html

RUSH: I'm gonna respond to this absolute BS that I said don't donate.... All I said was if you're going to donate do it outside the government, pure and simple.

NJ Stinks
01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Given your utter confusion on virtually every subject, how sure are you of this?

Mack, how long have you been a legend in your own mind? :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
And should we infer....

Infer away, Boxcar! Obviously, your thing is to draw incorrect conclusions. :sleeping:

Tom
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey NJ, don't be shy....try addressing a FACT once in a while. Might be fun. :D:lol:

Hey, maybe we should ask Robertson if NJ is getting some kind of revenge for something through their pathetic race track selection they are allowed to bet on! :rolleyes:

boxcar
01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Infer away, Boxcar! Obviously, your thing is to draw incorrect conclusions. :sleeping:

Even if this were so, it's easy to do when dealing with minds steeped in the darkness of liberalism -- with minds that can't even formulate the simplest analogy that is logically correct.

Boxcar
P.S. You fit your snooze symbol perfectly. I doubt your brain has ever been awake to see the light of day.

NJ Stinks
01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey NJ, don't be shy....try addressing a FACT once in a while. Might be fun. :D:lol:

Hey, maybe we should ask Robertson if NJ is getting some kind of revenge for something through their pathetic race track selection they are allowed to bet on! :rolleyes:

First off, I wasn't exactly being shy. Secondly, I appreciate your concern about racetrack selection here. Hell, I even wish Finger Lakes was open. :)

NJ Stinks
01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
P.S. You fit your snooze symbol perfectly. I doubt your brain has ever been awake to see the light of day.

Now now. Boxcar. It is Sunday after all.

boxcar
01-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Now now. Boxcar. It is Sunday after all.

Which is why I'm extra careful to speak truthfully. :p

Boxcar