PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who play golf

SandyE
06-21-2003, 10:28 PM
I've posted this over at the Golf Channels message board and got no replies. That's probably because noone there knows about my clubs.
What I've got are Dunlop Theory Woods 442 . Which are 1, 3, and 5. The irons are Tour-tops, Players 4, 6 9,3, 8, s.w., 7, p.w., and 5, that's what I've got in my Hot-z bag. Now my question is are these clubs no longer made or are they just a cheap set? Oh the irons are mid-size. Almost forgot putter has golf pride on the grip and I don't know if that's the brand name of the putter or just the grip. I think it's the name of the grip not the putter, and I believe the guy that sold it to me made the putter, and if that's the case how do I find out?
SandyE

JesseV!!!
06-22-2003, 12:59 AM
http://www.who-golf.com/Golf_Equipment/Dunlop/Dunlop_Golf_Clubs_Theory/

Ask the golf pro at the pro shop, about the putter.

JesseV!!!

SandyE
06-22-2003, 05:26 AM
I will ask him about the putter. And also to see about getting a shoulder harness or whatever it's called for the bag, which will make it a lot easier to carry the bag around once I get to a golf course. :)
Sandy

MikeDee
06-22-2003, 05:52 AM
Golf Pride is the name of the grip not the club. If there isn't a brand name on teh putter head, I suspect that it is a putter assembled from catalog parts.

I never heard of the brand Tour Tops sounds like your irons are from a parts catalog as well. Doesn't mean that are not good clubs. What's important is how you hit them.

JesseV!!!
06-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Sandy,
Get a pull cart. Don't wreck your shoulder carrying it.

SandyE
06-22-2003, 08:07 PM
I suspect your right about that. The place I bought them at has a club fitter who happens to own the place. He had clubs that were already assembled as well as parts that he can assmeble. Makes me wonder about the woods if he didn't make them. Place is called the Perfect Swing golf shop, and I've got his business card here some were. A pull cart sounds like a sound investment, but how many golf courses allow them on the greens? I had a choice in going to a golf shop that sold name brand blades/clubs or going to one that had/has a club fitter. I chose the latter. So that's probably why the people on the golf discusion board didn't answer me, 'cause they didn't know. For what it's worth the clubs are in my limited experience in the golf scene feel pretty good, now I have to start using them like a pro. :)
That's what some bloke said I looked like one night at the driving range that I looked like a pro unlike I grounded the ball. hehehe
Too funny eh?
Thank you both for your insight into what I've got.
:D
Sandy

MikeDee
06-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Sandy,

I don't know of any golf course that would allow you to pull your hand cart onto the green or tees. You normally can pull a hand cart next to the green. The riding carts are different most courses want you to keep them 30 ft or so away from the green.

I would suggest that you play this summer with the clubs you have and work on your swing. The swing is the thing. Once you start hittng the ball fairly well, then you might want to look at new clubs.

When looking at clubs go to places that have a driving range where you you can hit the clubs you may want to buy. The feel is most important. You will never play well with clubs that don't feel right to you.

Golf in the morning, ponies in the afternoon....it doesn't get any better the this:)

ranchwest
06-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Most people leave their cart at the course's designated place and carry their putter to the green (and a wedge if they're off the green). Don't forget to pick up the wedge after putting out!

Clubs don't mean everything. I don't play often enough to be consistent, but I can pop one pretty good. I was recently playing against a young man who had a consistent game and a Nike driver. I wasn't expecting to play that day and was out of town, so I was using a rented set of clubs with a K-Mart driver. A number of times I drove further than him, even though he was clearly a better player overall. It ain't the clubs!

SandyE
07-03-2003, 11:49 AM
For whatever it's worth I'm starting to get use to my clubs.