PDA

View Full Version : Short-Term vs Long-Term Win Rate

TrifectaMike
01-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Do any of you maintain records of their short term win rate.

For example daily or weekly win rate as short term.

I know many, if not all keep track of their long-term win rate. The reason for inquiry is that I'm interested in researching the behaviour of short term win rates.

I have this theory based on Chaos Theory and Mean Reversion Theory. To put it simply I'd like to determine if their exists an attractor for any system win rates.

Thanks
Mike

formula_2002
01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Do any of you maintain records of their short term win rate.

For example daily or weekly win rate as short term.

I know many, if not all keep track of their long-term win rate. The reason for inquiry is that I'm interested in researching the behaviour of short term win rates.

I have this theory based on Chaos Theory and Mean Reversion Theory. To put it simply I'd like to determine if their exists an attractor for any system win rates.

Thanks
Mike

I would say that the best attractors are the final odds.
They also have the greatest gravitational pull, often pulling bettors into a black hole. :)

sjk
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
I have my daily returns back to 1998. What sort of statistic would be of interest?

nalley0710
01-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Ive recorded every bet Ive ever made, the analysis and explanation of why I am making the bet, and afterward the profit or loss. I think for me personally that the more I disregard the short term win rate the better the chance of a significant positive long term win rate.