PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct card for Thursday, 1/14

cees with dees
01-13-2010, 08:51 PM
In the first,
Victorious Affair draws the rail and is the speed of the speed. Beautifully spotted in weak field.
Volos is worth considering. Last a toss in the slop and now turns back with the class drop and just may have a race or two left in him.
In the second,
Lots of question marks here but like Smart Woman the best. Blinker change and class drop for super barn. Unfortunately, meets a better than average Maiden claiming field but is still my best pick in here.
For pick 4 purposes, also using
In the third,
By process of elimination, going to single :4: Isn't She Grand who comes in fresh as a daisy in a field with no multiple winners. May shake loose as well making her extra tough.
In the fourth,
Frontal Stride adds blinkers with much needed class relief. Most of her opposition is either terrible or unknown so likely to single her as well.
Queenmania and Divine Majesty look like the only threats but the former is stretching out off one sprint and the latter is debuting at a route. Use if you must but I'm going down with the Frontal Stride ship.
In the fifth,
East Coaster is a winning machine and meets a field loaded with front runners.
Last start was much better than it appears on paper and need only a clean trip here to demolish a hideous bunch.
In the sixth,
White Thunder, Prince Dylan, and La Bonne Vie
all make second starts after dealing with wet tracks in debut races. I'll take any one of them.
In the seventh,
Wild Shiner gets great trainer change and will be a bomb but should get the right setup from behind.
Also using 2,5,8.
In the eighth,
By The Light and Sapphire Sky are the right 2 here.
Unfortunately they will both be pretty well bet but the former is the speed with the latter likely the only closer. Setup tells the tale.
In the last,
:9: Cantrushperfection is either in one piece or not. Presence of Dominguez is comforting and has these over a barrel if even half fit.
Underneath, :3: New York Bobby is perfect. Comes home well and nicely spotted inside. Completing the tri and super, :8: Classroom Legend must not get involved early to land a check, :2b: Dontquityourdayjob must overcome wide draw if in, and :7: Mugger Hugger is the juiciest of bombs but Davis daughter has a knack with these type longshots.

And then pressing the 3 in the second and third spots.
Good luck to all and hope this is of some help to somebody.

By the way, in the 5th at Gulfstream tomorrow, :4: Polar Star makes first start off the claim for Peter Walder and what's significant about this is, he moves the horse up in class out of jail and he way more than not, drops them in this situation.
In the last, I never pick first time starters except one like this: :12: Catalan debuts for Biancone with a champion like work pattern. Expecting alot from this $200,000 purchase.
Horse to beat is :7: Pow Wow who needed troubled debut and should be much tighter today.
Ben

theguarantee
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Hell of an analysis yesterday. Wanted you to know it didn't/doesn't go unread.

Unfortunately, I went against you in the first...and the spots you helped me were in legs of pk-3's but I ultimately missed, most notably, with 3 alive in the last leg for the 5th where Indy's Forum won going away.

Also had a 5 dollar double using Weathered to the 5, not sure why in the world I tried to beat Cantrushperfection though. When I came back and re-read your analysis (was already having bettor's remorse) I felt even dumber.

Anyway, I finally got fios, so now I have TVG and HR, so I loaded a little funds online again finally, like anything today?

Marshall Bennett
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Early Pick 4 : All / 1,2,3 / 3 / 3,5,6 @$54
Late Pick 4 : 3,7,8,9 / 1A,3,4 / 8,9 / 3,8 @$48