PDA

View Full Version : Bold Union. I thought she retired in December, just

Phantombridgejumpe
01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
watching the races of the week on MSG and there she is racing at Gulfstream (finishing last on a tough rail).

Anyone know the scope, why was she unretired? Just a random horse I happen to like, and although I wasn't happy at the time she was retiring I was happy to see her go out on a nice win - - don't want to see her finish up with that effort.

Thanks!

Stevie Belmont
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
She was very impressive when she broke her maiden down at Monmouth. I remember posting about it (http://w3.hidemyass.com/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wYWNlYWR2YW50YWdlLmNvbS 9mb3J1bS9zaG93dGhyZWFkLnBocD90PTQ3NDQzJmFtcDtoaWdo bGlnaHQ9Ym9sZCt1bmlvbg%3D%3D). I have kept track of her ever since.

Went on pedigree query and it said she was retired as of 12/2/09. Do not know why they brought her back.

Did not see the race at Gulf—have no clue why she was up the track.

onefast99
01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I am sure Kelly felt that this horse had one more in her. As the race turned out and for that matter the entire day of racing at Gulfstream the inner rail was not the place to be. The outside post, especially the :9: saw four winners, including the Sugar Swirl where Bold Union ran. Bravo protected their horse by not riding her out so theoretically she had a workout as she ran well for the first half. I am sure they will send her to the breeding shed now as this seems to be the direction the Halls would like to go according to a February 28th 2009 Bloodhorse article on the owners and trainer.

Phantombridgejumpe
01-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Sounds like that might be what happened.

I think she was beat anyway, but I like your theory of Bravo not beating her up.

Her first 2 races were awesome. I think based on those her career is a bit of a disappointment, but she had that one really fast time in '09 at Penn.

onefast99
01-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Sounds like that might be what happened.

I think she was beat anyway, but I like your theory of Bravo not beating her up.

Her first 2 races were awesome. I think based on those her career is a bit of a disappointment, but she had that one really fast time in '09 at Penn.
Don't forget Kelly is a wizard with the 2yo's as long as Hall keeps the pipeline going and he has said he would like to add 20 horses per year Kelly is set.

lamboguy
01-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Don't forget Kelly is a wizard with the 2yo's as long as Hall keeps the pipeline going and he has said he would like to add 20 horses per year Kelly is set.he looks real good in new jersey when you line him up with all the other trainers there that have no clue how to train a 2 yo. when the iron comes in though he takes a small step backwards.

onefast99
01-13-2010, 05:35 PM
he looks real good in new jersey when you line him up with all the other trainers there that have no clue how to train a 2 yo. when the iron comes in though he takes a small step backwards.
His numbers with older are not that great. He had 2 sold out from under him Atomic Rain and Westside Bernie in 2009. He bought 23 horses at the Keeneland sale and should be loaded with talented young horses.

Stillriledup
01-14-2010, 04:17 AM
I could have sworn i read an article about Bold Chieftain being retired than i saw him in a race the other day at Anita.