PDA

View Full Version : All Horse Racing

Pell Mell
01-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Anyone know anything about All Horse Racing?
I guess it's an offshore outfit but they give a good rebate.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Whenever an outfit caps odds, you can bet that they are bookies. In other words, if you become a constant winner, they are likely to cut you off.
Lots of tracks don't get rebated there (C tracks for exotics, and D tracks which include quite a few small popular tracks). http://www.allhorseracing.com/horseracingrules.aspx

Being an exotics player myself, capped odds are a complete turn off.
http://www.allhorseracing.com/horseracingrules.aspx

Good rewards on A tracks if you only bet wps, exactors and doubles. That is the only plus.

Negatives outweigh the positives.

Rebates on all other tracks can be close to matched with the right US based ADW on most of the B tracks, and can be surpassed on the C and D tracks.

egreen
01-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't think they are very reputable. I recall that a couple of years ago they ripped off a derby data base from the Louisville newspaper and were almost taken to court over it. Just seems like a bad operation. They are the same as GoHorseBetting, too.

Backstretch Pirate
01-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey Horseplayersbet.com.

Why don't you allow signups from Canadians?

cj
01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Whenever an outfit caps odds, you can bet that they are bookies. In other words, if you become a constant winner, they are likely to cut you off.
Lots of tracks don't get rebated there (C tracks for exotics, and D tracks which include quite a few small popular tracks). http://www.allhorseracing.com/horseracingrules.aspx

Being an exotics player myself, capped odds are a complete turn off.
http://www.allhorseracing.com/horseracingrules.aspx

Good rewards on A tracks if you only bet wps, exactors and doubles. That is the only plus.

Negatives outweigh the positives.

Rebates on all other tracks can be close to matched with the right US based ADW on most of the B tracks, and can be surpassed on the C and D tracks.

Clearly there is a conflict of interest when you respond to posts like this. I'm not saying you are right, wrong, or indifferent, but I would think you should not be in these threads giving opinions.

andymays
01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I had an account with them about 3 years ago. Back then they had caps on payouts. I never had a problem with them but I have no idea how they handle things now.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Clearly there is a conflict of interest when you respond to posts like this. I'm not saying you are right, wrong, or indifferent, but I would think you should not be in these threads giving opinions.
With all due respect, do you respond to posts about handicapping data and things like that? I don't pay close enough attention whether you do or not, but I wouldn't have a problem if you did.
I gave my honest opinion here, and it would be the same if I had anything to do with Horseplayersbet or not, and I think that is all that matters.
With that said, if Allhorseracing were a sponsor here, I would have laid off.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey Horseplayersbet.com.

Why don't you allow signups from Canadians?
It isn't that I wouldn't like to.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I guess I should add, there are a lot of conflicts of interest on this board. The best I can do is be honest.

Should I post about takeout reduction? Takeout reductions mean I have to give less rewards back to players, making my site less desirable. But I have total conviction that takeout reduction is the only way this game is going to grow.

My views haven't changed before Horseplayersbet came along. Although, I must admit I have learned an awful lot more about the industry.

Saratoga_Mike
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
I guess I should add, there are a lot of conflicts of interest on this board. The best I can do is be honest.

Should I post about takeout reduction? Takeout reductions mean I have to give less rewards back to players, making my site less desirable. But I have total conviction that takeout reduction is the only way this game is going to grow.

My views haven't changed before Horseplayersbet came along. Although, I must admit I have learned an awful lot more about the industry.

At first, I had the same reaction as CJ - you should not have posted a response to the question at hand. But I changed my mind. I think you simply should have disclosed at the beginning of the post that the business being referenced was a potential competitor to your entity. At that point, the reader can either stop reading or read on.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
At first, I had the same reaction as CJ - you should not have posted a response to the question at hand. But I changed my mind. I think you simply should have disclosed at the beginning of the post that the business being referenced was a potential competitor to your entity. At that point, the reader can either stop reading or read on.
I assume that people know this by the LOGO and my signature. But maybe you are right though, and I shouldn't assume it. I won't assume it anymore when talking about a potential competitor.

InTheRiver68
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
I assume that people know this by the LOGO and my signature. But maybe you are right though, and I shouldn't assume it. I won't assume it anymore when talking about a potential competitor.
That's the best course of action: disclose it up front, regardless of what your username, avatar, and signature are. Overall your analysis didn't seem unbalanced to me, except when you stated that they would likely cut you off if you won too much. If that was your personal experience with that ADW, that's one thing, but if it's just an assumption, then you're portraying your competitor in a negative light.

I don't know why I'm replying in this thread. I have no standing to stick my nose in it. :rolleyes:

- InTheRiver68

Horseplayersbet.com
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
That's the best course of action: disclose it up front, regardless of what your username, avatar, and signature are. Overall your analysis didn't seem unbalanced to me, except when you stated that they would likely cut you off if you won too much. If that was your personal experience with that ADW, that's one thing, but if it's just an assumption, then you're portraying your competitor in a negative light.

I don't know why I'm replying in this thread. I have no standing to stick my nose in it. :rolleyes:

- InTheRiver68
Personally I have never gone the offshore bookie route. However I know many who have, and I have copies of emails sent out to them by bookies who cut them off because they won too much betting horse races.