PDA

View Full Version : Derby Futures

Pell Mell
01-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Wynns in Vegas has prices listed. Is there somewhere I can get a bet down now without going to Vegas. If not, how soon would I be able to get down with TS? I figure that my horse will probably be in the field when they start and I want to get down now at 200/1.
Any help?

UK View
01-13-2010, 08:18 AM
TS? If you let me know you're horse I could get you a price in the UK?

Pell Mell
01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
TS? If you let me know you're horse I could get you a price in the UK?

But how would I get a bet down?

bisket
01-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Wynns in Vegas has prices listed. Is there somewhere I can get a bet down now without going to Vegas. If not, how soon would I be able to get down with TS? I figure that my horse will probably be in the field when they start and I want to get down now at 200/1.
Any help?
if your refering to chucky. you'll get good odds on him come derby time. all the "experts" will disregard the horses from tampa like last year. i hit the tri with gen quarters at the bluegrass alonmg with a win bet and exacta. i hit with musket man at hawthorne also. how horses from there get tossed aside, and the entries from fairgrounds gets touted all the time i'll never know.

Pell Mell
01-13-2010, 10:11 PM
if your refering to chucky. you'll get good odds on him come derby time. all the "experts" will disregard the horses from tampa like last year. i hit the tri with gen quarters at the bluegrass alonmg with a win bet and exacta. i hit with musket man at hawthorne also. how horses from there get tossed aside, and the entries from fairgrounds gets touted all the time i'll never know.

Who's Chucky?

I have a feeling the Sam Davis and the Tampa Derby are going to be tough races this year. ;)

MutuelClerk
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Team Degenerate Biters crushed Concord Point. Good luck to us.

Pell Mell
01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Chucky is down to 22/1 from 250/1 in Wynns future book. I knew this would happen.

I just read an article somewhere about how Churchill has got to change the future bets. This system sucks!:bang:

bisket
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
anybody taken a look at the ron the greek thread :lol: i just wanted to say i told you so.

illinoisbred
01-24-2010, 01:01 PM
anybody taken a look at the ron the greek thread :lol: i just wanted to say i told you so.
You are vastly underestimating the Fair Grounds. They have one of the best dirt surfaces for training and racing. Being very familiar with midwest racing, many horses, young and older leave there and continue to progress nicely. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at this juncture its too early to throw Ron the Greek overboard. Yes,the 1st 1/2 mile was quick for there and the race played out to favor his running style,still he may have some merit. I will agree with you in regards to Pyro. He was all hype with really nothing to back it up.

bisket
01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
the problem with the surface is that it punishes any runner with a turn of foot. this is why they don't have a good record as far as derby entrants. even runners are the horse you want at that track. which doesn't transfer to other tracks at the top level of the sport.

illinoisbred
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
the problem with the surface is that it punishes any runner with a turn of foot. this is why they don't have a good record as far as derby entrants. even runners are the horse you want at that track. which doesn't transfer to other tracks at the top level of the sport.
FG has been kinder to front speed this year but by and large through the years they seem to hit a brick wall at the 1/8 pole. I recall both Grindstone and War Emblem winning an early preps there. Didn't they win the Kentucky Derby?

toussaud
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
i have a 175 to 1 300 dollar wager on nordic truce