PDA

View Full Version : DS, AW, TF, MY, DT Columns

lsosa54
01-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Is there a way we can re-program to eliminate the 0's in all but the AW column?

AW is the only column where the BRIS PP's have no pedigree rating. There are pedigree ratings for Fast, Off, Distance, and Turf. I realize the pedigree ratings are not on the same scale as the speed ratings and I have read the BRIS discussion on how they suggest they should be used, but for purposes of Handifast, to me all horses should either have the best fig they have run in each column or best of last 6 or avg of last 6 or if they have never run, then the pedigree fig., but at least something. Any thoughts?

Another suggestion would be to add a track column taking the best fig they have run at that particular track/course to include in the points.

Of course, I have no idea of the programming involved and we may just want to consider this as a future request. I think it would make the fair odds line more comprehensive.

douglasw32
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I think, Handi long ago corrected the fast to eliminate putting the zero ranks into the final number ? I could be wrong.

If not then someone should make sure the zeros do not get averaged into the final number or the FAST figure itself, it was never intended to.

lsosa54
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Doug: I'm less concerned about the FAST fig than I am properly reflecting the points which calculate the fair odds. Should there be any zeroes other than AW or when on occasion, a pedigree rating is missing and the horse doesn't have an actual speed # for that category?

douglasw32
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
That's true, never thought about it.
I would say until something can be figured out it would be wise to set the weight of any column having zeros to zero so it is not factored in.

Handiman
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
In The multitrack version there are no zeros figured in the caculations. and when creating a custom setting all categories are set to zero as the default. You must change the columns before they will show up in the calculations.

Handi