PDA

View Full Version : E-mail

BIG RED
01-12-2010, 09:35 AM
No big serious issue here.

Can some one tell me how to 'cut' emails. For instance: when I get a forwarded email, and I have to scroll down thru 50 more to get the point. I remember reading you can just cut them off when you send or forward it to your friend. Is this true?

Red Knave
01-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Sure. When you forward, you get a chance to edit the email, same as if you'd typed it out yourself. Just highlight what you don't want using the Shift and Arrow keys and then Delete.

Unless I don't understand the question :confused:

:)

BIG RED
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Yup, that's simple enough.
Never realized the whole email was in the little box after you hit forward...

thanks Red

Know anything about scripts keep popping up and getting stuck? I'm on an old laptop at times, and something about scripts keeps happening.

Red Knave
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Know anything about scripts keep popping up and getting stuck? I'm on an old laptop at times, and something about scripts keeps happening.If you can, get the exact wording of the message or a screenshot of it and post it here (or PM me).

wilderness
01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Yup, that's simple enough.
Never realized the whole email was in the little box after you hit forward...

thanks Red

Know anything about scripts keep popping up and getting stuck? I'm on an old laptop at times, and something about scripts keeps happening.

You haven't stated what email software your using?
I'm assuming MS-Outlook Express?

You do NOT want to see any kind of scripts attempting to run in an email. It doesn't matter if they came from your long lost lover, your dead grandma or, Mohamed, Allah or whoever.
Go into IE and turn off scripts in the portion which is relative to emails.

BIG RED
01-16-2010, 12:02 AM
It was two different questions wilderness.

'A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.' ........... this slows down everything to a crawl.

This happens on my old laptop, maybe it may be its time?

wilderness
01-16-2010, 06:08 AM
email software's running scripts of any kind is a vulnerability that should be corrected.

I even avoid running the MS scripts in OE that occur occasionally when OE does not close properly.

BIG RED
01-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Nothing to do with ee-mail.

happens too much now. What eeveer I do

PhantomOnTour
01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
No big serious issue here.

Can some one tell me how to 'cut' emails. For instance: when I get a forwarded email, and I have to scroll down thru 50 more to get the point. I remember reading you can just cut them off when you send or forward it to your friend. Is this true?
Is that your only problem? Heck, I cant even figure out how to post a new thread!!
Consider the consequences before showing me how its done! ;) :lol:

Red Knave
01-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Nothing to do with ee-mail.

happens too much now. What eeveer I do
This sounds like it's coming from your internet browser.
Are you using Internet Explorer? If it's an older laptop and an older version of Windows you may want to dump IE and use FireFox. Get it here --> www.mozilla.com/firefox35

wilderness
01-16-2010, 10:32 PM
This sounds like it's coming from your internet browser.
Are you using Internet Explorer? If it's an older laptop and an older version of Windows you may want to dump IE and use FireFox. Get it here -->

The only problem is that if OE is being utilized for email than it still uses IE for the OE configuration. The two work in unison.

The scripting options for OE must be adjusted in IE, as I previously mentioned.

BIG RED
01-17-2010, 06:21 AM
it is an old laptop.....but once I started using it, I installed firefox.
It slows and hangs enough now to be pia.

I googled it but couldn't find an answer for me. (sounds like browser)

BIG RED
01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm at my wits end now. Very aggravating. I have.....

Completely cleaned every thing
Have removed, replaced and updated java
Have removed, replaced and updated adobe flash

It seems to be getting worse, so treated it like a virus, not a script problem?
Have done a complete spy/malware scan
Have done 2 complete and different virus scans
took 7 hrs for all............NOTHING.

Today may help. I am in SAFE mode right now, and I don't hear all the crackling and the complete slow down after using as much as I just have.

What's UP? A virus I can't find or a script problem 'out' of safe mode??

Dell/Inspiron 3800/XP Pro

BIG RED
01-22-2010, 09:49 AM
I just noticed FF has a safe mode itself. Tried it, didn't work

Can't figure this out. Guess no multitasking, or live video streams on the laptop, which is what I want it for.

Red Knave
01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Red

Is this the newest version of FF? I recall seeing that script message before but it was long enough ago that I don't recall any details. I assumed it was my ISP.
How about trying Google Chrome instead? It's pretty stable and fast.

BIG RED
01-24-2010, 05:31 AM
I just dumped my Firefox, we'll see how it goes today.