PDA

View Full Version : Handifast Ver. MT-6

Handiman
01-12-2010, 12:10 AM
I know I have talked about the Multi Track version for some time, but now the bell is about to ring. As soon as I can find Doug's email address I will send him the program and he can release it.

I am terrible about writing directions on how to use things. But I will try here and so anyone who gets the program and wants to help people figure out how it works that would be great.

First of all. I am still stuck on having a folder like this....C:\horse\data

It's just a quirk of mine. That is where the unzipped data files should go.
You can put the program and all it's files in any folder you want. But it will go look for data files in the above mentioned folder.

Once opened, you will have a picture and title. Click Start and program will load. Main screen appears. At the top there are 6 'Load Track' Buttons. Click...say the first one 'Track One' and a popup window will appear.

On it are three buttons. Create Settings...Load Settings....Default Settings you click on whichever one you want. But before you can click on the load settings you will have to have created a custom setting. Each of the 6 tracks has their own settings. If you click on Create Settings, then another popup box will appear with 20 sliders. You just click on the Red Box and move slider up to number you desire for that column. All are set at zero to begin with....and once you have set them, close the box and your settings will be automatically saved for Track One or Track Two or whichever one you are using.

Once you create a custom setting, the next time you use tack one or whichever you created for, just click on Load Settings and the custome one you made will be auto loaded. If you want just the Default Settings, then click that box and they will be auto loaded.

To change the settings, just click on create settings for whichever of the 6 tracks buttons you are using. The new one will be auto saved.

After choosing a button to click you will automatically be given the chance to select which track you want to handicap. Select the track and the data will load.
At top you will also see a couple of other buttons by the Load Track buttons.

Race.....is a drop down box allowing you to select the race you want.

When you select the race...a scratch box will popup. Make your scratched if there are any and close the box.

T-1..T-2..T-3 etc are radio buttons for toggling between tracks Click on one and you will see the summary...You can then sort by columns if you want. If you are playing multiple tracks and have several summaries open, to move from one to the other, just click the radio button.

CT ...... is another button by each load button. When you are done with a track for the day, you just click on the appropriate CT button and the track will close. You can then load another track in it's place if you want, without closing any other tracks.

That's about it. I think anyway.

Handi :)

REBel
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Handi,

That's really good news. Sounds like you, Doug and HH are gaining on it. I'm sure the multi-track version is going to draw rave reviews as the users share their different settings and success stories.

Looking forward to it. To all three of you, thanks for your time and efforts.

Handiman
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Two things I forgot to mention. The multitrack right now uses Multicaps files and DRF files for race data.

And for those wanting to do some research and testing, you can load the same race card in all six slots and give each it's own custom settings and then see how they do against each other. Or use the default in Track one and then create 5 custom settings in the other 5 track slots.

I sent Doug the program. He will make it available when he can I'm sure.

douglasw32
01-13-2010, 07:34 AM
WOW, Thats all I can say, this thing is pretty too ;)
It is in the open Directory with the others.

Anyone who finds bugs report back.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/
(http://localpcpros.com/handifast/)

douglasw32
01-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Oh and I should mention (And I am sure Handi would agree) this is a new BETA version, meaning it may have things go wrong, or in my case there may be a learning curve =(

I put it out there for everyone to test out.

I did find that on my system things go wrong, not figure wise, but like the window closing, the sort messing up etc.

BUT .... I am used to this sort of stuff since I am rnning a virtual machine of windows on top of linux.

Thats why I need others to download and try it out, it will not nor does it need to replace any of the versions your using now.

Pcon04
01-13-2010, 08:59 AM
just checking does it make a csv file.I didn't see an option but i only loaded

one track..

thanks
pcon

JimG
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
i downloaded the newest version and see how to create new track weights but then there is no option to save after I have created them? Only track weights I get get loaded to run were the default. Usually I do not need much instruction to get up and running, but I am not seeing how to save the weights you have created.

Also, what is the button CT-1, etc? Every time I hit it, the program will crash.

Also, I see only 4 horses are listed with their odds calculated and I thought this version was going to list all the horses with their odds calculated.

Thanks,

Jim

Pcon04
01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
jimG
did it make a csv file?
Douglas did say he was looking for bugs!!

Pcon

JimG
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Update,

I think the new weights are calculating. They are just being displayed with the default weights which is why I thought they were not working. Also, any way to save and give it a new name so we can just pull that up rather than creating each time?

Jim

REBel
01-13-2010, 12:30 PM
JimG,

The CT stands for "close track". A click on the CT closes that card and makes it available for another track.

JimG
01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
JimG,

The CT stands for "close track". A click on the CT closes that card and makes it available for another track.

Thanks REBel. I got the hang of it now. Initially, it was not intuitive for me, but I finally read the directions. :) Anyhow, other than displaying default weights instead of the custom weights when using, failure to create a csv file, and lack of a complete computed oddsline (beyond the initial 4), I would say this is good to go for me. If you get it to read Post Time Daily Files down the road, that would be even better. If that will be a big project let me know where to donate some $$.

Very nice work guys. You three should be very proud of a program that I think outdoes many at getting contenders that can cost well over $100.

Jim

Handiman
01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi guys,

Once you create a custom setting for Track one or Track two or whichever one, it is automatically saved and then can be reloaded with the load settings button when you use the track one or two or whichever.

So you click on load track one let's say and popup box opens. If you have created a custom setting for Track 1 in a prior session, you can reload that setting just by clicking the load setting button. It will remain available until you create a new one for Track 1. You don't need to create a new one every time.

And Dougs right in that this is a Beta version. Need users to run it through it's paces and report bugs.

Oh and by the way, I apologize, I forgot to include the other horses and their odds. I was going to do it below the summary and forgot. I will get it in as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Handi

Handiman
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Pcon,

It does not do csv files yet. Just getting this version out as it stands now was a major programming job in and of itself. But I will be putting the extra horses with odds in very soon and then start the CSV work. That would be putting in HH's csv coding. That will be a chore all on it's own.

And Jim, I have looked at Post Time info and it is the most awkward way of handling data files I have seen. But that being said I might be able to include the use of those files. It's just going to tak some time in figuring out how to access all the data from all their multiple files.

BIG HIT
01-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Just downloaded hhxv21.Irealize way be hind here if you could tell me will it read tsn files.As would like to try it out on them?.Would like to drag and drop in data folder along with results if they go in same folder.As have them in my equisim prg which back in my drawer lol.
So if it reads tsn files i'am ready.Don't know how you guy's do what you do and for free to boot omg it's unbeliveable.Guess somebody really want to help hdcper good people are out thier who fig this day and age

JimG
01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
And Jim, I have looked at Post Time info and it is the most awkward way of handling data files I have seen. But that being said I might be able to include the use of those files. It's just going to tak some time in figuring out how to access all the data from all their multiple files.

Thank you. And pm me if a donation is in order for your time on this request.

Also, I presume the display of the wrong Points Assigned (default) is a "bug" as it seems to be calculating my custom factors correctly.

Finally, I look forward to the odds line on all the horses in the race when you get time.

Thanks to you and all the guys!

Jim

Handiman
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Big,

The program should read tsn files as that is the file that was first used.

Jim,

The displaying of the default points is not a bug, just my lazy ass didn't feel like changing them :D But I will probably do that in the next version or two. Next is to put all the horses with their odds in as I said I would do that and forgot.

I believe this program will be an ongoing project till we run out of things to do or go past my ability to code them.

Hope this helps everybody who chooses to use it.

Vinnie
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Handi (Doug and HH):

I haven't even had the chance to get home to download your MT-6 (Six Track Version) of Handifast and give it a good look as of yet, but, quite frankly, I remain pretty much speechless at the level of kindness and generosity that you guys have continued to show through the entire development of Handifast to where it stands today. Simply Unbelievable stuff. :) I am nearly 46 years of age and have only been handicapping approximately half of that time, and I can honestly say I don't believe that I will ever experience or see something like it ever again. You guys have put something truly special together in the Handifast program.

A most sincere thanks to you all... :ThmbUp:

dartman51
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm using the MCP files, and I'm getting nothing in the RT column. No zeros, no nothing, just blank. Anyone else getting this?

Tom

Handiman
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
The RT column is a dead column as of right now. Not a bug. I just have finished I think, a re-version of the new version. Now the program will display the custom numbers above the columns to which they are assigned. Also all the horses with their ml odds and points are displayed below the summary.

I will upload this to Doug as soon as I can.

But the csv stuff is going to take me a while to do.

Handi:)

REBel
01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm using the MCP files, and I'm getting nothing in the RT column. No zeros, no nothing, just blank. Anyone else getting this?

Tom

Tom,

I think I read a while back that it would remain blank until it was determined whether to put Querin points and the running style there. I use bris single file format and I get nothing there either.

I'm presently viewing SA in MT-6 with it opened as Track 3, default settings, and Track 4 with settings similar to those lsosa has mentioned. Both settings picked the same horse, # 1, as the Top4 pick. It looked terrible in the form never finishing closer than 13 lengths in it's three starts and went off at 67/1 and finished 3rd behind the two favorites paying $9.40. Upon a closer look, I noticed the horse did run much closer and better in the early stages of its last race--something I had completely overlooked.

Bottom line, if it's in the Top4 CHECK IT OUT.

Handiman
01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Ok you whiners.....:lol: I just uploaded Ver 6.1 to Doug. As soon as he gets it I'm sure he will make it available.

I say 6.1 here but the program will still show ver. 6 since the small things I added today should have been in the release last night anyway. It was just my lazy old butt was too tired to get it done.

Hope you like this new version.

douglasw32
01-13-2010, 06:48 PM
It is posted

Works MUCH BETTER!

csmith
01-13-2010, 06:57 PM
It is posted

Works MUCH BETTER!

Wow, what a nice job. You guys are doing great building the program. I for one want thank you Doug, Handi and HH,

Cliff

JimG
01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
It is posted

Works MUCH BETTER!

Very nice! Thank you.

Now that I see all the horses, I have a question and/or thought? It appears after we scratch horses from a race, the program is not making a recalculation but rather just removing the scratched horses with their output still there. Is that by design or should the program make a calculation after the scratches? Also, not a big deal but if you have room putting the headers at the top (in the same manner as the top 4) of the listing of all horses would be convenient.

Cannot believe how fast you got this done and I really think the program is taking a nice shape. Six tracks (or 1 track with multiple looks) at one time is sweet.

Thank you.

Jim

Handiman
01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Jim,

I meant to put up the heading and again forgot. I'm nearly brain dead. :blush:

As for the calculations, unless you are seeing something I'm not aware of, the calcs aren't done till after the scratches are done. Let me know what you are seeing and I will look into it.

Thanks to everybody for the nice words. I appreciate hearing that our work is being well received.

dartman51
01-13-2010, 09:33 PM
When I scratched the horse BAD DEBT, in the first @ AQU, it came up as a blank space on the handicap TOP FOUR.

dartman51
01-13-2010, 09:48 PM
When I scratched the horse BAD DEBT, in the first @ AQU, it came up as a blank space on the handicap TOP FOUR.

Sorry, this was actually the 2nd @ AQU.

dartman51
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Here's something else that doesn't make sense. When I leave BAD DEBT in the race, he doesn't make the TOP 4. And he is a fts. :confused:

Handiman
01-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I will look at that right now. happened to me too when I checked it.

Handi

Handiman
01-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Okay I just found a major error and bug in the latest version. It happened when I added all the horses down below. I will fix it tonight and reload for Doug and he can make it available again in the morning.

Handi

douglasw32
01-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Now we are cooking

Handiman
01-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Okay....Took me 4 1/2 hours to track down the bug and get it fixed, along with the others I did not know about that I created earlier today. But I believe it all works now. So anybody whine...and I'll kill ya...well maybe not kill ya, but I'll have my wife bitch at you a lot. :lol:

And brother she is a pro! :bang:

Anyway it's been uploaded to Doug and he can release it in the morning. Still Ver. 6

Man my head hurts.

Handi

dartman51
01-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Okay....Took me 4 1/2 hours to track down the bug and get it fixed, along with the others I did not know about that I created earlier today. But I believe it all works now. So anybody whine...and I'll kill ya...well maybe not kill ya, but I'll have my wife bitch at you a lot. :lol:

And brother she is a pro! :bang:

Anyway it's been uploaded to Doug and he can release it in the morning. Still Ver. 6

Man my head hurts.

Handi

I hope she's not reading over your shoulder. But, then again, maybe that's why your head hurts. :lol:

Thanks Handi :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Okay NEWEST ONE IS UPLOADED as of 7:11 pm Thu Jan 14

BIG HIT
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Question What does PCR stand for pace +class Rateing combined.?Oh YA as a computer idoit prg very user friendly.

JimG
01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Question What does PCR stand for pace +class Rateing combined.?Oh YA as a computer idoit prg very user friendly.

Performance Class Rating. You can get more involved info on the figure from reading the handicapping works of William L. Scott. As I understand it, the class part of the calculation is uniquely done in HandiFast.

Jim

douglasw32
01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Okay NEWEST ONE IS UPLOADED as of 7:11 pm Thu Jan 14

If you go to this link

They are the newest versions of 3 different programs.

The multi track on Handi has created. Handifast6.zip (http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Handifast6.zip)
The single track one Headhawg has worked on with Exporting features HHXv21.exe (http://localpcpros.com/handifast/HHXv21.exe)
And the Summary report I have made. WR2.exe (http://localpcpros.com/handifast/WR2.exe)
(mine is totally different than the other 2, the other 2 are slightly different in operation but should yield basically the same top 4)

I hope that helps.

Doug

douglasw32
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Performance Class Rating. You can get more involved info on the figure from reading the handicapping works of William L. Scott. As I understand it, the class part of the calculation is uniquely done in HandiFast.

Jim

Correct on the acronym and it is not the true PCR from William Scott, it is however based on his methods of identifying that number.

Looking at the early and finish portion of a race the class it was and the number of horses involved over the record of the horse.

The rating does just that, but in a totally different way than WS put forth in his books.

Wickel
01-15-2010, 01:30 PM
If you go to this link

They are the newest versions of 3 different programs.

The multi track on Handi has created. Handifast6.zip (http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Handifast6.zip)
The single track one Headhawg has worked on with Exporting features HHXv21.exe (http://localpcpros.com/handifast/HHXv21.exe)
And the Summary report I have made. WR2.exe (http://localpcpros.com/handifast/WR2.exe)
(mine is totally different than the other 2, the other 2 are slightly different in operation but should yield basically the same top 4)

I hope that helps.

Doug

So do I download all three to get the program?

Viruss
01-15-2010, 01:58 PM
No there are 3 different programs down load just what you want or all 3.....

Earl J

MakinItHappen
01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Handi,

I have just today downloaded your "tools" today and am feeling my way around a bit, so not real familiar with them. I have a very basic question:

When I open MT-6 and look at a given race, I cannot see the right most portion of the layout and I cannot seem to navigate to that portion of the window either. I can only see the data over as far as the "S3" column. It has to be something very basic, but I am nonplussed...:lol:

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thank You Again Handi and The Rest of You Guys & Best of Luck!

MakinItHappen

Handiman
01-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Makin,

I'm sure it's a resolution problem. If you have a scrollable mouse you can open the program and when it's open press down on the control key on your keypad and then use the scroll wheel on your mouse to reduce the size of the program.

Or you need to go into your control panel and change the resolution to it's highest setting to get it all to fit on the screen.

Hope that helps.

SoCaGambler
01-15-2010, 06:47 PM
makin, I had the same problem. As Handi states it is the screen resolution that has to be increased. Just right click on your desktop and click on properties then click the settings tab and set your screen resolution to 1280 by 1024.

SoCa

MakinItHappen
01-15-2010, 11:44 PM
That was it! Much better now!

Thanks for the assist fellas and Best of Luck To You Tomorrow!

MakinItHappen

lsosa54
01-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Handi: Have you thought about how the csv output will be created when you get to it? Will there a csv for each track output once the CT button is hit or will there be maybe a csv output "button" which will shoot out one csv file for all tracks that were open?

I don't know Liberty Basic so I don't know what's easier. I would probably prefer one csv file for all tracks opened but that's just me.

Thanks.

Handiman
01-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Is,

I really don't know. I haven't thought that much about it. HeadHawg is the csv guy and so I will have to council with him. I will see what he has to say and then maybe I will have an answer.

dartman51
01-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Houston, we have a problem. When you try to go past 11 races, the program crashes. Today, FG handicapping first 11 races were fine. When I did the 12th race it crashed. I restarted the program and went to the 13th and handicapped it, the program crashed. If I remember correctly, we've had this problem before, in the early stages of developement. FYI

Handiman
01-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Dart,

I will take a look.

handi

Handiman
01-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Okay....I flew to Houston and checked with their engineers and tracked down the problem.

Rocket should be repaired by nightfall west coast time...or close at least and then returned to Doug's launch pad and he can launch the repaired version.

Thanks for the heads up.

dartman51
01-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Okay....I flew to Houston and checked with their engineers and tracked down the problem.

Rocket should be repaired by nightfall west coast time...or close at least and then returned to Doug's launch pad and he can launch the repaired version.

Thanks for the heads up.

:lol: Thanks! :lol:

Handiman
01-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Houston, we no longer have a problem, all clear for Doug to re-launch Handifast M-T 6.

douglasw32
01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Sitting on the pad for anyone who wants to re-download it...

dartman51
01-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys, you're the best. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
01-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Another VERY GOOD day for HANDIFAST. The 5 tracks I watched today, AQU, FGX, GPX, OPX, TAM. 19 of 47, for a 40.425% win rate. $118.70 returned on $94.00 invested, for a 26.276% R.O.I. That is just playing the TOP FAIR ODDS horse in each race. Congratulations guys. :ThmbUp:

lsosa54
01-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Another VERY GOOD day for HANDIFAST. The 5 tracks I watched today, AQU, FGX, GPX, OPX, TAM. 19 of 47, for a 40.425% win rate. $118.70 returned on $94.00 invested, for a 26.276% R.O.I. That is just playing the TOP FAIR ODDS horse in each race. Congratulations guys. :ThmbUp:

Default settings on all tracks I assume?

lsosa54
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM

Skipping the 3 races with 1st timers at SA, Handifast was 2 for 6 with a 35% roi with its top fair odds horse using default settings. $12 invested, $16.20 returned.

dartman51
01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Default settings on all tracks I assume?

All with default except FGX. It was a muddy track and I have a seperate setting for MUDDY tracks. It was 5 for 9 at FGX, 2 for 9 at AQU, 3 for 10 at TAM, 3 for 10 at GPX and the best was 6 for 9 at OPX. On MUDDY tracks I put all the emphasis on CL, DS, FM, PC, MY, DT, FAST and PWR. 0 on everything else. So far so good. :ThmbUp:

Handiman
01-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Dart,

What are the numbers you use for the muddy settings?

dartman51
01-25-2010, 09:05 AM
The max..50. It's what seems to be working right now. :)

dartman51
01-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Skipping the 3 races with 1st timers at SA, Handifast was 2 for 6 with a 35% roi with its top fair odds horse using default settings. $12 invested, $16.20 returned.

I didn't skip anything. I want to see how the program does in the hands of someone who thinks they have to play every race. Personally, I don't play Maidens with more than 2 FTS. Don't play races with less than 6 betting interest. Races with 6, 7 and 8 betting interest, MUST have 1 standout going off at 4-1 or better. More than 8, I'm a little more lenient(not much). In other words, out of 3 to 5 tracks that I normally look at, I seldom play more than 4 or 5 races. I've gotten picky in my old age. ;)

willphorse
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
What kind of files do you need to upload into handifast? Does trackmaster work?

lsosa54
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
What kind of files do you need to upload into handifast? Does trackmaster work?

The BRIS $1 file single DRF file- Trackmaster will not work. Not sure if the Multicaps file works - didn't for me. I think some folks are trying to program the Post Time Daily files.

Rwahi1
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Multicaps file works. You just got to rename them as DRF file.

lsosa54
02-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the tip.

dartman51
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM

Not really necessary to rename them. I use MCP files as is, no problems. :ThmbUp:

raybo
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Not really necessary to rename them. I use MCP files as is, no problems. :ThmbUp:

Yeah the .drf and .mcp files are the same exact structure, except, some of the fields in the .drf that are not used (blank) are used in the .mcp files.

The program, probably, doesn't care what the extension is, just the format and field structure.

BIG HIT
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Question when i open handifastfix for track's it is all to large dozn't fit on my screen and no way i can see to adjust.?Any suggestion

Handiman
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
It's a resolution problem. You need to change your resolution to 1028 X something(can't remember the last number). Not sure but once you open it, I think if you hold down the control key and then use a scollable mouse you can reduce the size to fit your screen.

BIG HIT
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Thank you for reply.Holding cntrl and scrolling did not help and has same effect as magnify with zoom in/out tool.Funny thing is all other prgm work fine hhv2 fast etc this is only one that have a problem.Looking for resoloution to adjust in cntrl panel no luck so far thing is i can adjust size of icon text but that has no effect on prgm

raybo
02-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Thank you for reply.Holding cntrl and scrolling did not help and has same effect as magnify with zoom in/out tool.Funny thing is all other prgm work fine hhv2 fast etc this is only one that have a problem.Looking for resoloution to adjust in cntrl panel no luck so far thing is i can adjust size of icon text but that has no effect on prgm

Depending on your Windows version it could be under "Display Settings" or "Appearance and Personalization", then "Screen Resolution".

BIG HIT
02-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Thank's for response did as you said found where to adjust resoloution under personalze setting .Have windows 7 32bit i change them higher worked thank's agian

BIG HIT
02-07-2010, 05:10 PM
There was no instruction where can find them as find once tou load trk can't chg wht of setting

raybo
02-07-2010, 07:11 PM
There was no instruction where can find them as find once tou load trk can't chg wht of setting

You should get a popup "Custom Setting Selection" window, before you load a card, that gives you 3 option buttons, "Create Setting", "Load Setting" and "Default Setting". Click "Create Setting" to change weights. Then once you have saved those, next time you can click, "Load Setting" and it will load your custom weights settings.

BIG HIT
02-08-2010, 06:11 AM
When open program click trk the pop up with three option pops up when choose create and make setting then hit track get error msg already in use..But never loaded a trk.?

BIG HIT
02-08-2010, 07:15 AM
It is all good figure it out all working.Thank's for your time

Handiman
02-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I apologize for that Bighit. I am terrible at writing directions. I don't label my code very well either. sometimes or I should say most of the time, when I open code I haven't worked with for awhile, it's like looking at code done by someone else. I have to completely go through it to see what the hell it does.:bang:

BIG HIT
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
NO way shape or fourm do you or any of you guy's need to apologize for anything.You guy's have a very very basically easy program's with small learning curve imainly useing it for research of long shot's.
But if you could answer this when i put all setting on zero on hhv2.1 and mt-6 both give same reading for races.Yet hhv2 you can't make setting for cc-ps-pwr. On mt-6 i set all at zero same reading.Note of 23 longshot race's it won 7 by that imean were in top fore.Which thought was amazeing thank you agian.

netbet
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

Very basic question here....when I open a file from the Brisnet site...is that file saved anywhere on my PC so that I can generate the PP's with their software?

Thanks.

dartman51
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi all,

Very basic question here....when I open a file from the Brisnet site...is that file saved anywhere on my PC so that I can generate the PP's with their software?

Thanks.

Are you talking about the BRIS CUSTOM PP software?? :confused:

netbet
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Are you talking about the BRIS CUSTOM PP software?? :confused:

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear about this.

Thanks.

raybo
02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

Thanks.

You should probably download the data file then when you get the popup asking if you want to "Open" it or "Save" it, select "Save" then you'll get the "Save as" window where you can select where you want the file to go.

Since I use Infotran for parsing my csv data files, for my spreadsheet, I save the zipped data files in my Infotran folder, then open the folder and "Extract all" so that the unzipped data file extracts to that same folder. That way both the zipped file and the unzipped file are together. Then I move the zipped file to a thumb drive, in case my harddrive crashes, I will have all my data files on the thumb drive. Same thing for my .xrd results files.

Viruss
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
in the other thread i asked if the scoring was still the same? double wieght for top score and 2-4 get actual weight? i'm sure thats what was said.

the scoring for the S 1 column isn't adding up on some of the races at GP 0210
in race 6 alone the 1-2-3 ranked horse never got scored some of the other races are off to..

Sorry Earl J

Handiman
02-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Yes virus that is what is suppose to be happening. In the default settings the s 1-2-3 speed numbers aren't figured in the calculation.

Viruss
02-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Yes virus that is what is suppose to be happening. In the default settings the s 1-2-3 speed numbers aren't figured in the calculation.

Ok But i was try to use S 1 in the custom settings .:lol:

Earl J

Handiman
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Then yes. The top horses gets double the number and the other three are suppose to get the single number. I will have to look at the code to make sure that is happening.

mmdorn
02-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I don't know if this has ever been posted, but I would like to find out how each field is calculated in Handifast.

Thanks,

Mike

raybo
02-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this has ever been posted, but I would like to find out how each field is calculated in Handifast.

Thanks,

Mike

Whew, that's gonna take a while.

headhawg
02-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi,

Thanks,

MikeIn one of the threads Doug had posted about how FAST came about so there is some general information regarding some of the ratings and how they are created. Doug is working on a source code repository so that people can download the code and see how it works. (It has always been available to those who wanted it.) But as raybo said, it would be a lot of work to put the actual code into "layman's" terms. I don't even know how everything works exactly.

raybo
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
In one of the threads Doug had posted about how FAST came about so there is some general information regarding some of the ratings and how they are created. Doug is working on a source code repository so that people can download the code and see how it works. (It has always been available to those who wanted it.) But as raybo said, it would be a lot of work to put the actual code into "layman's" terms. I don't even know how everything works exactly.

Yeah, to take the code, if you can even understand the code, and convert it to mathematical/logic formulas would be quite a task.

dartman51
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
If you guys are still working on this, I would like to make a suggestion. In MT-6, when you create a 'NEW' setting, you can't 'save as', and name the settings. When you click on 'Load Settings', it automatically loads the last setting you created, rather show you a list of the created settings, and let you choose. It would give one the opportunity to create settings for different tracks and, or conditions. If this something you are already working on, thank you in advance.

TS

Handiman
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Dart,

It is on the todo list. But at present I'm working on finding a possible bug discovered by a user. And on top of that I am working on getting the csv code into the program.

Also on the list is combining the csv code with Handifast in a way that I can weave it into a batch processing pile of code I wrote some time ago.

So my plate is very full. And that's not even taking into account the live handicapping contest I run 4 days a week. Plus the Handi beat down twice a week. Oh then there is that pesky thing called a 'wife' who seems to think that she needs more of my attention than you guys do. I don't necessarily agree with her, but she is closer and well within striking distance. So I would like to avoid that if at all possible. :lol:

dartman51
02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
In case anyone wants to know. Using Handi M-T6 @ 5 tracks today, AQU, BEU, GP, HAW and TAM, the top BOLDED FAIR ODDS horse, won 12 out of 21 races for a 57% win rate. Returned $56.20 on a $42.00 investment, for a 33.81% R.O.I. This was using just the default settings. Not bad for a 'BLACK BOX' approach. :)

cloud9
02-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Is Handifast6fix the same as Handifast ver. MT6 ?
Thats the only one I could find to down load .

raybo
02-17-2010, 10:51 PM

Yes

Handiman
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks dart for reporting that here. very cool.

lsosa54
02-18-2010, 06:11 AM

What exactly got fixed?

dartman51
02-18-2010, 09:00 AM
What exactly got fixed?

There was a BUG. Not sure if it was an ant or a cockroach, but apparently a little sprinkle of D-Con, did the trick. ;)

hracingplyr
02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Try to do a better job of constructing p3 an p4 bets. i think there was someone on here awhile back that explianed how they do it use the ABC method. If anyone has this link i would really apreciate it.

dartman51
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Did a little compariason out of curiosity. The previous version of Handifast with default settings, and the current version of MT-6, with default settings. All races, TOP pick only, WIN, over next 3 EXACTA and TRIs. Using the SAME 5 tracks yesterday that I previously posted. Got the following results:

PREVIOUS VERSION

WIN> 23/46 = 50%
RET> $125.40 = 36% R.O.I.
EX> 16/46 = 34.78%
RET> $390.80 = 41.59% R.O.I.
TRI> 10/46 = 21.74%
RET> 861.60 = 56% R.O.I.

NEW MT-6 VERSION

WIN> 22/46 = 47.82%
RET> $119.00 = 29% R.O.I.
EX> 14/46 = 30.43%
RET> $348.40 = 26% R.O.I.
TRI> 9/46 = 19.57%
RET> $810.20 = 46.78% R.O.I.

I realize that this is just 1 day, but interesting none the less. All tracks did NOT show a profit individually, but the OVERALL day was VERY good. :ThmbUp:

Handiman
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Dart,

Would you do another study with a different group of tracks on different day and see what you get. I would be interested in seeing what that yields.

dartman51
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Dart,

Would you do another study with a different group of tracks on different day and see what you get. I would be interested in seeing what that yields.

Sure, Handi. I'll post later today what tracks i'll do tomorrow. That way anyone can follow along if they want. GP and TAM will be 2 of the tracks, as they are 2 of the tracks that I follow on a regular basis. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
02-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Ok, tomorrows tracks will be FG, GG, LRL, OP and TP. I will post the TOP 4 in each race as soon as I get the early scratches. I will post from the previous version of HandiFast and the new MT-6, both with default settings. :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
02-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok, tomorrows tracks will be FG, GG, LRL, OP and TP. I will post the TOP 4 in each race as soon as I get the early scratches. I will post from the previous version of HandiFast and the new MT-6, both with default settings. :ThmbUp:

Your the best "I work all day, but can follow along" makes the day go by faster, a bad day at the track is better than a good day anywhere else. And a good day at the track, even better.

Handiman
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Quick update. handifast M-T 6 will now kick out csv files for tracks 1 through 4. Still have 5 and 6 to code. Sorry about the snail's pace but doing the best I can.

Vinnie
02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Santa Anita for last night!! (02-18). I just wanted to throw in a quick post. I was playing the Late P4 (I lost) :bang: In R5, the Top PC,FM, and TF Rating (the Race was 6.5 on the Turf) was the #7 El Nadia. He won by a nose at the wire over the #9 who was one of my Pics. The #7 El Nadia's M/L was 30 to 1 and he went off at 50 to 1 and paid $111 and change. The other races Handifast was all over. How in the World does Handifast find this horse in those categories. He was 1 for 25 lifetime going into that race and literally everything else that I had looked at had him at the bottom of the ratings scale. :) He was notably the bottom rated F.A.S.T. and PWR as well. In the final race, Handifast had the Super High Five straight on the FAST Rating of 17964 for a $1 it paid $1,237.10. The Straight Super was $452.30 for a buck.. :) Now that is something else. The (AW) Rating had it 17946 and the FAST Rating had it 17964, so either way it couldn't get much better.. WOW!!!

Have a Terrific Weekend Guys!

dartman51
02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
First up is LRL
HHXv2.1
R-1> 7-3-6-2
R-2> 5-4-1-7
R-3> 2-7-9-3
R-4> 5-2-8-6
R-5> 8-9-4-2
R-6> 7-8-3-4
R-7> 8-11-10-1
R-8> 3-4-1A-10
R-9> 1-4-6-3

Handi MT-6
R-1> 7-3-6-2
R-2> 5-4-7-1
R-3> 7-2-9-4
R-4> 5-8-2-6
R-5> 8-9-2-4
R-6> 7-3-8-4
R-7> 8-2-10-11
R-8> 10-4-3-1A
R-9> 1-3-4-10

These are all done with default settings. In the MT-6 version, I BOLDED the picks that the program BOLDED.

dartman51
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Next Up Oaklawn Park

HHXv2.1
R-1> 2-1A-3-8
R-2> 4-5-7-6
R-3> 8-7-3-6
R-4> 3-6-8-9
R-5> 1-5-7-3
R-6> 6-3-9-10
R-7> 4-8-6-2
R-8> 4-2-1-5
R-9> 1-5-3-4
R-10> 5-6-11-1

MT-6 version

R-1> 1A-2-8-3
R-2> 4-7-5-6
R-3> 7-3-8-6
R-4> 3-8-6-9
R-5> 1-5-3-7
R-6> 6-3-9-10
R-7> 4-8-6-5
R-8> 4-2-1-5
R-9> 1-4-5-3
R-10> 5-6-11-1

Will be back with GG in a bit. :ThmbUp:

tamaharbor
02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I thought MT-6 was just the multi track version of HHXv2.1...

If so, why aren't the generated selections exactly the same?

dartman51
02-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I thought MT-6 was just the multi track version of HHXv2.1...

If so, why aren't the generated selections exactly the same?

The default settings are different.

dartman51
02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Here comes Golden Gate.

HHXv2.1

R-1> 3-5-4-1
R-2> 5-4-1-3
R-3> 4-2-3-6
R-4> 1-5-7-6
R-5> 6-7-5-3
R-6> 4-6-5-7
R-7> 4-2-1-7
R-8> 6-4-1-5

MT-6 Version

R-1> 3-4-1-5
R-2> 4-1-5-3
R-3> 2-4-6-3
R-4> 1-5-7-6
R-5> 6-7-5-8
R-6> 4-6-5-7
R-7> 4-2-1-7
R-8> 4-6-1-3

I'll be back with Turfway a bit later, :ThmbUp:

dartman51
02-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Here are the last 2 tracks.
Turfway Park
HHXv2.1

R-1> 7-5-1A-6
R-2> 7-6-3-4
R-3> 11-3-5-9
R-4> 2-3-6-7
R-5> 13-4-2-11
R-6> 8-1-5-9
R-7> 1-5-6-2
R-8> 4-3-7-5
R-9> 5-8-7-4
R-10> 3-1-4-8
R-11> 9-5-7-3
R-12> 9-1-12-3

MT-6

R-1> 7-5-1a-6
R-2> 7-6-4-3
R-3> 11-3-5-9
R-4> 2-3-7-6
R-5> 13-4-2-11
R-6> 8-1-5-9
R-7> 1-5-6-2
R-8> 4-3-7-5
R-9> 5-8-7-3
R10> 3-4-1-8
R-11> 9-5-3-7
R-12> 9-1-12-10

FAIR GROUNDS
HHXv2.1

R-1> 6-5-4-7
R-2> 5-6-3-8
R-3> 3-9-4-5
R-4> 1-5-11-8
R-5> 1A-2-1-3-4
R-6> 1-7-4-10
R-7> 8-7-5-6
R-8> 12-2-11-1
R-9> 8-9-4-10

MT-6

R-1> 6-5-2-7
R-2> 5-3-6-8
R-3> 3-9-4-5
R-4> 1-5-11-8
R-5> 1A-3-1-2-4
R-6> 1-7-4-10
R-7> 8-7-5-1
R-8> 12-2-11-1
R-9> 8-9-10-4

headhawg
02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for posting dartman. I'm interested in seeing the results in general, and also between the two programs.

fast4522
02-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Handi, keep up the great work with the csv outputs. I have been hooked on Excel real bad for the last few years and just love the whole csv availability.
But kudos to all with this program, because of participation.

lsosa54
02-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Be curious to see what the results are as I don't think Handi's 1st choice caught a double digit mutuel all day at any of the tracks.

fast4522
02-19-2010, 10:24 PM
lsosa54, it reminds me of a guy I once worked with who was a card, and often said "it bees that ways somes times". I later said the same quote at Rockingham Park while in line just as a joke. You would not believe the you got that right brother response I got.

dartman51
02-19-2010, 11:24 PM
OK guys n' gals Here's the sad TRUTH. It was UGLY today, but all things considered, I've had worse days. Just REMEMBER, this is TOP PICK TO WIN. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO regard for ODDS, or races full of FTS.

HHXv2.1 Version

RACES = 48
WINS = 18
INVEST = $96.00
RETURN = $80.40
WIN % = 37.5
R.O.I = 0.8375

MT-6 Version
RACES = 48
WINS = 19
INVEST = $96.00
RETURN = $83.60
WIN % = 39.58
R.O.I. = 0.8708

BOLDED PICKS
RACES = 20
WINS = 10
INVEST = $40.00
RETURN = $41.80
WIN % = 50
R.O.I. = 1.045

A SMALL positive out of the day, at least. :)

cloud9
02-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Can soom one tell me where and what is the BOLDED PICKS ?

Handiman
02-20-2010, 05:20 PM
The bolded picks are found in Handifast M-T 6. At the top right there are the top 4 fair odds horses. The top horse when over 200 points or showing a 50 point or more advantage over the next horse is printed in Bold lettering.

That's it.

cloud9
02-20-2010, 05:24 PM
The bolded picks are found in Handifast M-T 6. At the top right there are the top 4 fair odds horses. The top horse when over 200 points or showing a 50 point or more advantage over the next horse is printed in Bold lettering.

That's it.

Handi :)Thanks! I will check that out .

lsosa54
02-21-2010, 12:13 PM
OK guys n' gals Here's the sad TRUTH. It was UGLY today, but all things considered, I've had worse days. Just REMEMBER, this is TOP PICK TO WIN. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO regard for ODDS, or races full of FTS.

BOLDED PICKS
RACES = 20
WINS = 10
INVEST = $40.00
RETURN = $41.80
WIN % = 50
R.O.I. = 1.045

A SMALL positive out of the day, at least. :)

Dart: If it's not too much work, what about the bolded picks on a , say, 1 unit win, 2 units place basis or maybe just a 2 units place basis?

dartman51
02-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I can give the stats and you can assign whatever unit to them.

WIN = 10/20
INVEST = $40.00
RETURN = $41.80
R.O.I. = 1.045

PLACE = 12/20
INVEST = $40.00
RETURN = $37.60
R.O.I. = 0.94

Show = 13/19 The 5th @ FG had no SHOW wagering
INVEST = $38.00
RETURN = $32.10
R.O.I. = 0.845

The over all prices were just too low. It was just one of those days. I see other days when you have a fair share of $8 and $9 horses, with a couple of double didgit horses coming in as well. All in all, I would say that this program, as best as I can tell right now, is as good as anything out there, when you try to use as a 'BLACK BOX'. Oh, and did I forget to mention? THE PRICE IS RIGHT. ;)

dartman51
02-21-2010, 10:27 PM
What a difference a couple of days makes. Today at AQU, the very first race. MT-6 had:
PG#__Horse__________ML___Fair Odds____Points

#4 CLEAR FAITH_______15______3.0_______160
#2 FRAZIL____________4.5_____3.7________140
#1 TAR BEACH________2_______4.4________125
#5 AWESOME CHARLIE_6_______4.9________115

WINNER #4 CLEAR FAITH__$24.60 $8.60 $6.20
PLACE #1 TAR BEACH__________$4.10 $2.90

EXACTA $110.00

Also had a BOLDED winner in the 4th race that paid $6.30 to WIN. Had a BOLDED winner in the 6th race that paid $5.40, and had another winner in the 9th that paid $8.50.
That's 4 wins on TOP in 9 races= 44.44%
That's $44.80 return on an $18.00 investment.
R.O.I. = 2.4888

That is a VERY good day at AQU, which has not been one of the better tracks for Handifast. :ThmbUp:

Handiman
02-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Have finished the 6 track modules and now they kick out race csv files. I have to run them and check them for bugs. Hope to have the new version out in the next few days.

I am working on the batch processor also. It is taking a bit of time, but the coding is a bit difficult. I also have decided on interfacing the Cheetah database with Handifast. But that is going to take some time too. One step at a time.

I figured out why the xrd result files need to be processed. They don't import directly into a spreadsheet. So my buddy HeadHawg may need to help me with the code for the result's csv file output.

The new version will be called Handifast Golden Horse. The 6 track live player will still be the HH Wood Handifast M-T 6. So hope to have the new csv version available in a few days. I will let Doug know as soon as it's done.

raybo
02-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Have finished the 6 track modules and now they kick out race csv files. I have to run them and check them for bugs. Hope to have the new version out in the next few days.

I am working on the batch processor also. It is taking a bit of time, but the coding is a bit difficult. I also have decided on interfacing the Cheetah database with Handifast. But that is going to take some time too. One step at a time.

I figured out why the xrd result files need to be processed. They don't import directly into a spreadsheet. So my buddy HeadHawg may need to help me with the code for the result's csv file output.

The new version will be called Handifast Golden Horse. The 6 track live player will still be the HH Wood Handifast M-T 6. So hope to have the new csv version available in a few days. I will let Doug know as soon as it's done.

Handi,

I don't understand your statement that .xrd files don't import directly into a spreadsheet. Are you referring to some spreadsheet other than Excel?

In Excel, you can open them via "File/Open" Then the "Import Wizard" pops up allowing you to specify what type of file (comma separated, etc) and data types for the different columns.

Handiman
02-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Ray,

I was using open office. I don't have Excel. If they do import directly into a spreadsheet then I don't need to generate a csv file for the xrd files then it sounds like.

I'm just trying to make sure I don't do more work than I need to, that's all.

raybo
02-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Ray,

I was using open office. I don't have Excel. If they do import directly into a spreadsheet then I don't need to generate a csv file for the xrd files then it sounds like.

I'm just trying to make sure I don't do more work than I need to, that's all.

Handi,

Yeah, I thought I remembered that you had said you're into Open Office.

Yes, the .xrd files can be opened directly in Excel, even versions prior to Excel 2007, because there are only 254 columns of data (not all are used presently).

I can't think of any reason why you would need to generate a csv file for the Bris Exotic Results files. The only things, of any importance, that are not included in the .xrd file are the fractional call positions and there are no beaten lengths included, only finish position of each horse and the winner's final time.

Here's the link for the .xrd field structure, for anyone interested:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=erdff&header=off