View Full Version : early nomination for worst ride of the year

gales0678
01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
r2 aqu on sunday

jara should have won by 10 on the benzel horse

just a horrific trip the 1st 50 yrds

wisconsin
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Jara could not keep the horse from drifting out, and the horse was fighting hard. Had the pick 4, but used the :7: as well, woulda paid 6 or 7 times more, becaus that particular double was paying that much more than the :6:

Frustrating game sometimes.

speed
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
r2 aqu on sunday

jara should have won by 10 on the benzel horse

just a horrific trip the 1st 50 yrds

If you watch the head on the out of the gate the 9 bumped the 8 who then veers in steadying the 7. Obviously without the gate troubles he looks like a winner.

rgustafson
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
If you watch the head on the out of the gate the 9 bumped the 8 who then veers in steadying the 7. Obviously without the gate troubles he looks like a winner.

I said much the same thing over on Derby Trail in the same named thread. The fact of the matter is the HORSE had a bad trip, but did not get a bad ride from the JOCKEY as the title if this thread suggests.

CBedo
01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I said much the same thing over on Derby Trail in the same named thread. The fact of the matter is the HORSE had a bad trip, but did not get a bad ride from the JOCKEY as the title if this thread suggests.It's semantics....If you didn't have a bet on the horse it's a bad trip, if you had a bet on him, it's a bad ride! :lol:

Jackal
01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
The boxing jockeys at PHA get my vote for worst ride of the year. If a rider is going to fight on horseback it can be done without throwing your horse off-stride.

I have seen 12 year old kids on a bush track do more damage without making their mount wobble.