PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping using cancel delays

kenwoodallpromos
01-11-2010, 07:38 PM
How and when can cancel delays best be used ijn handicapping?

startngate
01-13-2010, 08:52 PM
How and when can cancel delays best be used ijn handicapping?
The best way to use a CCD from a betting perspective would be if you had a horse in the race that had to get out of the gate and get a lead to make the race set up the way you handicapped it.

If you could cancel the ticket after a bad break by that horse you could improve your ROI either by saving money if you only liked the lone speed horse, or by betting two horses and cancelling the ticket of the horse that doesn't fit based on the break.

kenwoodallpromos
01-15-2010, 12:19 AM
OK thanks! I have not used it but will ask just in case!!

startngate
01-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I wasn't advocating that you go out and do it ... I just thought you were asking a question to clarify why it's a problem for players.

kenwoodallpromos
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes; also, with most windows closing immediately, who would use them? Turf Club? ADWs? OTBs?

inmahyt
01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
do you want to learn how to cheat on your taxes too

rrbauer
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes; also, with most windows closing immediately, who would use them? Turf Club? ADWs? OTBs?

In Calif you have 4 seconds to cancel a bet after a race starts. So you need to be positioned where you can see the live start of the race and have your ticket queued up in a terminal (self-service or teller) ready to be cancelled; and, in 3 seconds after the start act/don't act base upon what you see. I doubt that you can do it via Internet due to video delays from the host site to your computer system.

I have seen players working in tandem at Los Alamitos (a few years ago) cancelling/accepting tickets based upon the start.

toetoe
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM

Ooh !!! Marvelously indignant. :jump: .

ponyplayer
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I have seen players working in tandem at Los Alamitos (a few years ago) cancelling/accepting tickets based upon the start.

Wow. A bad break at Los Al is life and death.... :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
01-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes, I will "cheat" if those in charge fail to make a law against it.
I know how to cheat on taxes, as well as credit cards- wait until you are offered or you can offer an "offer in compromise". like the filthy rich do!!
I have posted several times about my opinion that cancel delays whould be ended (most are in Ca), but they still legally exist.
Now shall we start a poll asking hw many on this forum think we need to give money over uneccessarily to the state that just raised takeout, and many on here rail against for messing up Ca racing with Plubber?