PDA

View Full Version : Know what's strange

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
The MAJORITY of posters in OFF topic never or hardly ever venture forth in any aspect of promoting the ideas and philosophies of PACE and horse racing which is ostensibily what this site is all about.

Often wonder if they are as incompetent there as many of them are here.
No ideas except the old lame and tired ones any handicapper could have looked up in Ainsle's books.

johnhannibalsmith
01-11-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm definitely terrible and I'm surprised nobody else noticed that is why I post in this forum. Why rat me out now? :(

ArlJim78
01-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Let's face it, if you can't handicap a presidential race and immediately spot the vulnerable favorite/fraud (Obama), you probably chase any number of bad favorites in your handicapping.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Let's face it, if you can't handicap a presidential race and immediately spot the vulnerable favorite/fraud (Obama), you probably chase any number of bad favorites in your handicapping.
Just review the $997 trifecta I called at Philly TODAY
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=814865#post814865

I do well there all the time

One would have had to been a real dunce to pick McCain particularly after he hooked up with the brain dead ex-Gov.

BlueShoe
01-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Have always thought, that as a group, conservatives are much better handicappers than liberals. Libs, with their collectivist mindset, cannot think outside the box, and are usually dyed in the wool chalk players that cannot resist that grossly overbet fave. 99% of the bridgejumpers must be lefties.

JustRalph
01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
yep, you got me. I suck at horse racing............

bigmack
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I knew there was an alternative reason for starting this thread.

Great work. Is that how you structure a tri ticket. You put the ones chasing on top and the ones out front under?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1_11_10_12_40_32.png

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Have always thought, that as a group, conservatives are much better handicappers than liberals. Libs, with their collectivist mindset, cannot think outside the box, and are usually dyed in the wool chalk players that cannot resist that grossly overbet fave. 99% of the bridgejumpers must be lefties.
There is not a single way to prove a word of that unless you did a blind test

MOST all our bridge jumpers, by actual fact, are professional men (laywers physicians) according to the Canadian Parimutuel inspectors.

dartman51
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM

One would have had to been a real dunce to pick McCain particularly after he hooked up with the brain dead ex-Gov.

Do always BOX 5 horses in a tri??

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:46 PM

Great work. Is that how you structure a tri ticket. You put the ones chasing on top and the ones out front under?

no that is the way the race runs to the 2nd call and the bet is structured around that, as this was

Dahoss9698
01-11-2010, 03:47 PM

Just curious, are you boxing all 5 horses you normally put up when you "call" races. Seems like that might be pretty costly. I'm sure most people here could pick tri after tri if able to list 5 horses per race.

I do agree though that there are some that post down here that have probably not looked or participated in other sections of this forum in a long time....if ever.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Just curious, are you boxing all 5 horses you normally put up when you "call" races. Seems like that might be pretty costly. I'm sure most people here could pick tri after tri if able to list 5 horses per race.

I do agree though that there are some that post down here that have probably not looked or participated in other sections of this forum in a long time....if ever.
bets are never structured the same.....boxing 5 would be $120

boxcar
01-11-2010, 03:53 PM
The MAJORITY of posters in OFF topic never or hardly ever venture forth in any aspect of promoting the ideas and philosophies of PACE and horse racing which is ostensibily what this site is all about.

No ideas except the old lame and tired ones any handicapper could have looked up in Ainsle's books.

I see you're really on a roll today with your idiotic threads... :rolleyes: Slow day at the morgue?

Three things:

A. How many times can you rehash the same ol', same ol'? Regurgitating that stuff constantly can get a wee bit boring -- even if one waxes like Heinz and does it 57 ways. It's like eating tuna every night prepared in a variety of ways. In the end: Tuna is tuna is tuna. You know what I'm saying? :rolleyes:

B. I personally would be bored "over there" very quickly because quite, frankly, (and even at the terrible risk of sounding boastful), I know all I need to know to profit quite handsomely from people who don't know nearly as much as I do. :)

C. Why do you care who posts where? If you're feeling inadequate playing the game, perhaps you need to take a more proactive role and learn more on your with your own resources and quit depending on others. (If I didn't know you better, I'd think you're a liberal or something. :D )

Boxcar

Dahoss9698
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
bets are never structured the same.....boxing 5 would be $120

They're never structured the same, yet you take credit no matter what, right? So who can't put up 5 horses a race and claim exotic wins?

Some posters in this room might not follow racing, but you clearly don't bet. Don't worry, I suspect you're not alone in that regard either, especially in the "selections room".

boxcar
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: You nailed it. They are so insecure, they're looking for that sure thing in life...always. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:59 PM
They're never structured the same, yet you take credit no matter what, right? So who can't put up 5 horses a race and claim exotic wins?

Some posters in this room might not follow racing, but you clearly don't bet. Don't worry, I suspect you're not alone in that regard either, especially in the "selections room".
the area says selections: the way one thinks the race has run....

The way one uses that information in a wager is NOT particularly the same way as another one just hit. Wagers are distinct from selections and I am not givng back any of the $1400 profit from today either

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=814961#post814961

ArlJim78
01-11-2010, 03:59 PM

I should have known there was a reason you started this thread.
I took a look at that thread and you should be embarrassed to cite it as evidence of your handicapping acumen.

I don't look at all the selections threads, because I'm only interested in my own plays and I don't care what others are doing. Often you see people like you that throw up a bunch of numbers and then run around touting that they "called the tri" when they did nothing of the sort. You didn't post a play, you posted a bunch of numbers.

Dahoss9698
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
the area says selections: the way one thinks the race has run....

The way one uses that information in a wager is NOT particularly the same way as another one just hit. Wagers are distinct from selections and I am not givng back any of the $1400 profit from today either

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=814961#post814961

Would be tough to try and give back monopoly money anyway, wouldn't it?

NJ Stinks
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM

BlueShoe, is it possible that you live in fantasyland? Just curious.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I often get a belly laugh from some of the "at arms length" grandstander fallicies that are made up from that distant point of view rather than come down to the rail. to interact with the people who run the show, to learn what ACTUALLY goes on and not just conjecture.

Not a shred of evidence for all those silly ideas but they are accepted as dogma.

Imagine ANY OTHER FIELD OF ENDEAVOR being observed in the 2nd person having such hard bound didactic rules learned without EVER being part of the game. Kind of hard to believe that a plumber, carpenter, artist, or any one of many endeavors could be elucidated by not being part of the information source.

BlueShoe
01-11-2010, 04:19 PM
BlueShoe, is it possible that you live in fantasyland? Just curious.
Sure, at least some of the time. Dont all horseplayers?

NJ Stinks
01-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Sure, at least some of the time. Dont all horseplayers?

Good answer! :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I often get a belly laugh from some of the "at arms length" grandstander fallicies that are made up from that distant point of view rather than come down to the rail. to interact with the people who run the show, to learn what ACTUALLY goes on and not just conjecture.

Not a shred of evidence for all those silly ideas but they are accepted as dogma.

Imagine ANY OTHER FIELD OF ENDEAVOR being observed in the 2nd person having such hard bound didactic rules learned without EVER being part of the game. Kind of hard to believe that a plumber, carpenter, artist, or any one of many endeavors could be elucidated by not being part of the information source.
don't sell yourself short, you too provide a good many belly laughs. especially when you pretend to know what you're talking about, which is pretty much every post.

and yes I elucidated that on my own without being part of the information source.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
don't sell yourself short, you too provide a good many belly laughs. especially when you pretend to know what you're talking about, which is pretty much every post.

and yes I elucidated that on my own without being part of the information source.
Sample error remains error

johnhannibalsmith
01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Way to go Jeff Mende, err...!!!!

</ego stroke>

Steve 'StatMan'
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Non-racing topic posters? I think I noticed and pointed it out too, probably back in 2004 or so.

kenwoodallpromos
01-11-2010, 07:36 PM

I would try to give some new ideas if a significant number of posters did not assume they would not work or were too simple, especially if others believed in selective multiple win bets!
I do not really have new ideas specidically on pace, but in think handicapping by pace can work well if you do not zero in on 1 horse only. I have seen the "old lame" ideas on pace like feet per second conflicts with the "old lame" "8' per 1/5th second" and other handicapping myths recycled into perpetuallity being "shot out of the water" when one of the 2 early speedsters caught up in a duel carry on to win the contest instead of fading badly.
I have even seen the 2 EP types both take a break and slow down on the backstretch and then both having staying power to the wire. Are there stats on slower backside runs resulting in a higher than anticipated win %? Any pace methods of predicting the propensity of a contender resting on the backside?
By the way, I have not heard enough on here concerning backstretch vacations by an early leader.
Since you are an assistant starter, I would like to see more fromm you about troubled starts, and delayed starts with horses standing in the gate. I would aolso like your opinion on delayed starts due to a runner who refuses to go in the gate, in relation to (principally Western tracks) cancel delays.
I gess I will start a thread on when to use cancel delays in Ca!

mostpost
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I win every year at the track. Last year, for example, I won a negative $672.00.

boxcar
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I win every year at the track. Last year, for example, I won a negative $672.00.

Thank you for helping to stimulate the economy.

Boxcar

newtothegame
01-11-2010, 07:46 PM

lol...now heres one I agree and like mosty :)..

I think I "won" a bit more negative...like 1400 but thats ok, I "won" lol

boxcar
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
lol...now heres one I agree and like mosty :)..

I think I "won" a bit more negative...like 1400 but thats ok, I "won" lol

Hmm...don't two negatives make a positive? :)

Boxcar

Snag
01-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Ok, I stand confused. What time zone are you in 46? I see the time of your post and the time off of the race.

johnhannibalsmith
01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
A better time zone than yours, I'm sure.

boxcar
01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok, I stand confused. What time zone are you in 46? I see the time of your post and the time off of the race.

Don't ya know? 46er lives in the Twilight Zone.

Boxcar

newtothegame
01-12-2010, 12:05 AM
And as for the posting in off topic....and not usually in the selections....
Your right. I dont post in the handicapping selections sections very often if ever. I used to talk to a few people there. Matter of fact, met a very wonderful person named Ben. But, where and how i post is of MY choice. Last time I checked, there were sections of many different variety. I would assume that since the owner/ owners of this site put those sections up, they did it so that horse racing wouldnt be cluttered, and also to give avenues for other topics and other posters. It does not mean (not that I have to justify ANYTHING to you ) that I do not gamble on horses. Then again...for all you know, it doesnt mean that I do.
I appreciate the fact that there are other avenues in which I have the abilty to interact with other people.

ElKabong
01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Used to post in capping and racing sections all the time. When most here gave the Chinese Double and other nonsense legitimate discussions, it was time for me to bow out. Ouiji board nonsense.

Now all my racing conversations are over the phone or via email.

to each their own.

johnhannibalsmith
01-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Clearly the author of the thread wasn't interested in the habits of those who post here or there, but rather in using the platform as a catalyst for asserting his brilliance. I generally enjoy 46Zilzal as a character and don't get aggravated in the least by his posts. In fact, before I realized what the true intent was here, I just figured it was another silly thread with no value. Now I realize that the brilliant physician, scientist, sociologist, theologist, spiritualist, and handicapper needed an atta-boy so badly that he resorted to some convoluted scheme to draw the population of this forum to another forum so we could admire his genius. That is beyond the usual silliness, it's scary goofy.

Robert Goren
01-12-2010, 07:48 AM
There are times I wonder how many posters would disappear if PA closed the off topic forum.

Show Me the Wire
01-12-2010, 12:17 PM
There are times I wonder how many posters would disappear if PA closed the off topic forum.

All of the progressive left posters and the various reincarnations. But then what fun would that be?

Without them who would try and convince us that everything is Bush's fault?

Robert Goren
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
All of the progressive left posters and the various reincarnations. But then what fun would that be?

Without them who would try and convince us that everything is Bush's fault? I consider myself one of the "progressive left posters" and wouldn't go away. I post on racing topics quite a bit.

Show Me the Wire
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
The "all" word is hyperbole, but you get the gist.

dav4463
01-13-2010, 01:39 AM

I normally disagree with 99.999%....no make it 100% of all the posts by 46, but as far as handicapping a race.......if someone will give me who is out in front and who is chasing and leave it up to me to decide if the chaser will catch the out front horse........and........give me all three trifecta horses in there somewhere.......I can use that info!