PDA

View Full Version : El Trucko

bigmack
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I've lost count but over the years I've had several BMW's, a few Jags, a pile of Saabs, one Porche, a Hyndai (great in the mountains), several Jeeps, Chrysler 300, Olds Cutlass & many others.

But never a truck. Hot diggity, I do now. Dodge Ram with hemi power. (whatever that is).

I'm an El Trucko. Now I have to figure out what to put in (is it called a bed?)

Get out the way.

Tom
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
All ya need now is a chaw! :ThmbUp: ENJOY!
pafY6sZt0FE

bigmack
01-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Yippie kai yeah. I'm gonna get me one them CB radios.

I reckon the only thing I'll hear is coyotes hauling new bodies up from Mex-E-co.

ElKabong
01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Gotta get a cb if ya have a truck ;)

In my mid 50s, have only had 4 cars in my adult life...1978 LTD, 1984 Renault Alliance (horrible car), 1989 Probe, and my current Accord. As soon as my dog stops trying to scratch my car I'm getting a new Accord :eek:

In HS I had a semi- tricked up Chevy Impala w/ Mickey Thompson tires. Thought I was hot stuff...got dusted in about every drag race tho.

johnhannibalsmith
01-11-2010, 12:46 AM
...1978 LTD, 1984 Renault Alliance (horrible car),...

I have owned both of those two vehicles and let me please agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the Renault. That piece of crap had no reverse by '87 and the igntion was shot by '88 and I spent most of '89 parking on hills only, so I could roll backwards into a spot and then pop-starting the lemon in first going downhill... :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

bigmack
01-11-2010, 12:57 AM
I've never bought new. But I've bought often. People rib me cause I keep a fleet on hand. Cars are groovy. Trucks remain to be seen.

I had a old 914 Porche in college. The passenger door would fly open on a sharp right turn. Gave me reason to reach out touch a co-ed. An old Chevy Nova would change radio stations when I made a left turn.

Rides are fickle.

chickenhead
01-11-2010, 01:10 AM
trucks are great...but a little custom paint makes all the difference....

plainolebill
01-11-2010, 01:12 AM
My former mother in law gave my ex-wife a Chevette. She must have hated her (or me, I was the mechanic).

I've had several trucks but the first one was just awful - a 74 Ford F-100, SOB backfired and had a little weenie roaster going right on the lot but for some reason I bought it anyhow (might have been the beer). I spent more time under the thing than I did in it.

Best one was a 1990 F-250 4WD with which I scared my wife to death on a number of Forest Service and BLM roads here in Oregon. Think logging roads with 1000' drop offs.

You'll need to get that rig up in the mountains to have some fun Mack. Chainsaw, highlift and winch. 10-4 good buddy. :D

ElKabong
01-11-2010, 01:16 AM
JHS,

Lol, i only got 48k miles outta that Alliance & I drove it till it died. Compare that w/ the 224k I got out of that old Probe.

Chick,

I always wondered what the UT recruiting shuttle bus looked like...

johnhannibalsmith
01-11-2010, 01:20 AM
How much ass can you possible get in a banana yellow rig with pink scribble on it... I suspect some fat girl with hair like Michael Stipe drives that dandy... :D

bigmack
01-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Chainsaw, highlift and winch. 10-4 good buddy. :D
Roger that. It's the accoutrements that bring an average ride to whole nuther level. With an XJ6 I put so much chrome on that thing you had to double-up on shades when I rolled up on a sunny day.

With this beast I see several additions. Whatever that grill thing is called that makes it look like you can ram cars into next week & a couple of side steps for the vertically challenged.

dartman51
01-11-2010, 01:09 PM
How much ass can you possible get in a banana yellow rig with pink scribble on it... I suspect some fat girl with hair like Michael Stipe drives that dandy... :D

:lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
As soon as my dog stops trying to scratch my car I'm getting a new Accord :eek: .

You can get a Camry for about the same cash.....much better ride.........and when I say ride........ I mean "comfort"

Just traded a new Accord about a year ago.....stiff .....if you ask me.

plainolebill
01-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Roger that. It's the accoutrements that bring an average ride to whole nuther level. With an XJ6 I put so much chrome on that thing you had to double-up on shades when I rolled up on a sunny day.

With this beast I see several additions. Whatever that grill thing is called that makes it look like you can ram cars into next week & a couple of side steps for the vertically challenged.

Oh man you mean a brush guard. You'll need that and some armored bumpers with towing shackles on them. You'll be lookin' good there in Coronado.

stuball
01-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Of course you are going to get a rifle rack and a rifle..
LOL

Stuball ;)

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2010, 03:56 AM
My 1994 Camaro Z28 died yesterday...:(

Finally got real evidence of the blown head-gasket everyone was telling me they thought I had but I just wouldn't believe...tons of white smoke out the tailpipes, plus I was leaking coolant OUT OF the tailpipes as well as the middle of the car (must have been a hole somewhere in the exhaust system).

176,000 miles isn't too shabby I guess, but I sure am going to miss the ol' gal...

bigmack
01-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Finally got real evidence of the blown head-gasket everyone was telling me they thought I had but I just wouldn't believe...tons of white smoke out the tailpipes, plus I was leaking coolant OUT OF the tailpipes as well as the middle of the car (must have been a hole somewhere in the exhaust system).
That's a shame. I had a Saab Turbo rag-top a mechanic told me had a blown head gasket. I thought he wanted too much to fix-it so I went to drive elsewhere. He said I was ill-advised to drive it. I said 'Yeah, right'. I made it about 4-5 miles before it was blown to smithereens. Complete with the dreaded white smoke. :rolleyes:

Grits
01-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Mack, make sure you buy a bedliner for your truck. Known, authentic eltrucko drivers don't leave the bed of their pickups uncovered. Besides, it helps the resale if the back of it has its original paint, and doesn't look like you've been hauling and shoveling gravel out of the back end of it for the last five years.

By all means, yes, to the small side step. Unless its a king cab, if this is the case, purchase running boards for each side, they're more rider friendly for passengers. They'll look better, too.

Leave the tailgate down. It helps you get better gas mileage. (And you're gonna need all the help you get with a Hemi engine, but driving a Jag, you know this.) You can buy a black banded stretch cover to keep lightweight things from falling to the roadway. Plus, you'll probably be able to pass for an off the road guy from Baja.

Only put a winch on the front, if you're planning to--charge to pull young, ignorant, jeep drivers out of the sand, after they got buried on the beach, trying to impress their girlfriends with their "sand skills."

Don't tint the windows. You'll ruin it, and look like a wuss.

Driven a lot of trucks, tahoes, and suburbans, but gave 'em up in 2001 for a luxury sedan. Still have one in the driveway with 96K on it, couldn't be without it.

Women love trucks . . . . they're as necessary as a handbag.

HUSKER55
01-14-2010, 10:11 PM
don't forget the mud flaps with the lighted reflectors cowboy

JustRalph
01-15-2010, 07:09 PM

176,000 miles isn't too shabby I guess, but I sure am going to miss the ol' gal...

If you are a Camaro guy.........the new ones are nice

I just couldn't bring myself to buy a car from the Government though

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2010, 02:04 AM
If you are a Camaro guy.........the new ones are niceBelieve me....I know!! (where's the DROOL emoticon when you need one?)

I hear the 2011 Camaro might offer a Z28 version with the Cadillac CTS-V engine (that Caddy goes 0-60 in 3.9!!!!)

chickenhead
01-16-2010, 02:08 AM
I like the Challengers...I think they'd get my vote.