PDA

View Full Version : Liberalism is What is Killing California.

andymays
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/01/10/golden_no_longer_99845.html

Excerpt:

It took years for liberalism's mania for micromanaging life with entangling regulations to make California's once creative economy resemble Gulliver immobilized by the Lilliputians' many threads. The state, which between 1990 and 2007 lost 26 percent of its factory jobs and 35 percent of its high-tech manufacturing jobs, ranks behind only New York, another of liberalism's laboratories, in the number of outward-bound moving vans.

It took years for compassionate liberalism to make California's welfare menu contribute to the state becoming an importer of Mexico's poverty. It took years for servile liberalism to turn the state into what Voegeli calls a "unionocracy," run by and for unionized public employees, such as public safety employees who can retire at 50 and receive 90 percent of the final year's pay for life.

johnhannibalsmith
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I thought it was polytrack that was killing California Andy... make up your mind... :cool:

46zilzal
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
According to all I know who live there, all my family who live and work there. it is pure mismanagement and not much else.

PhantomOnTour
01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Cali-for-nia rest in peace.
-Anthony Kiedis

andymays
01-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I thought it was polytrack that was killing California Andy... make up your mind... :cool:

.......and don't forget the reverse osmosis system they bought for the surface at Del Mar. They need special water so it won't break down (true story). ;)

It fits in with the rest of the crazy things that go on here.

Tom
01-10-2010, 12:05 PM

Great POST to start my day! :lol:

Tom
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
According to all I know who live there, all my family who live and work there. it is pure mismanagement and not much else.

Yes, he said it was liberalism. :rolleyes:

andymays
01-10-2010, 12:10 PM

I missed the obvious one...... Polytrack is Liberalism in action. ;)

46zilzal
01-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes, he said it was liberalism.
I, for one, thank the day I escaped the CLOSED MINDED mantra of the goons in Orange County and found the open-mindedness of education in LA and SF.

I never really understand what fascists were like in practice until I was able to compare what I experienced there, growing up, to my twenties surrounded by people who actually looked at things OBJECTIVELY.

Home of the John Birch Society, putting up with all the fear mongering that Godless Commies were under every rock, ALL HAIL the jarheads at El Toro and DYING was the most noble thing in life (while I always maintained that saving lives was the most noble anyone could do with their days on this Earth).......Closed minded combative goons ready to blow up anytime anyone disagreed with them..........LITTLE has changed.

johnhannibalsmith
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I, for one, thank the day I escaped the CLOSED MINDED mantra of the goons in Orange County and found the open-mindedness of education in LA and SF....

This was the day after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyaTJF_pLg

skate
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Day after day, year after year, do to increase in cost, thru taxation. Business found a need to move.

that's Liberal.

Free education.

that's liberal.

Free medicine.

that's liberal

Free housing

daaa!:bang:

Robert Goren
01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
There is a state that is in a bad shape as California. It has high unemployment, industry fleeing its borders and a huge budget problem. It like California has a governor that nobody has any faith in. That state is South Carolina. I suppose that its problems were caused by liberalism. Yeah, right.

skate
01-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Do you mean, we can't find, free (above the norm, like COLLage) education, free lunch, free housing, free car fare, free PC's, along with higher tax. Health care?

Or did we miss something?

Where have all the Peaches gone?

bigmack
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I, for one, thank the day I escaped the CLOSED MINDED mantra of the goons in Orange County and found the open-mindedness of education in LA and SF.

I never really understand what fascists were like in practice until I was able to compare what I experienced there, growing up, to my twenties surrounded by people who actually looked at things OBJECTIVELY.

Home of the John Birch Society, putting up with all the fear mongering that Godless Commies were under every rock, ALL HAIL the jarheads at El Toro and DYING was the most noble thing in life (while I always maintained that saving lives was the most noble anyone could do with their days on this Earth).......Closed minded combative goons ready to blow up anytime anyone disagreed with them..........LITTLE has changed.
Refreshing to know you made it out unscathed with little in the way of resentment or trama. :rolleyes:

andymays
01-10-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyC7WnvLT4&feature=PlayList&p=FC93C37F85EC223A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=72

YouTube - Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California

boxcar
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, he said it was liberalism. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was wondering why he was being redundant. :D :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

JustRalph
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
had that dream/flashback about those military guys kicking your ass again huh?

fast4522
01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
"I, for one, thank the day I escaped the CLOSED MINDED mantra of the goons in Orange County and found the open-mindedness of education in LA and SF.

I never really understand what fascists were like in practice until I was able to compare what I experienced there, growing up, to my twenties surrounded by people who actually looked at things OBJECTIVELY"

All your big Marxist who ever were, turned out to be the biggest fascists ever born. Why should we as a people be subservient to such thought or filth?

Tom
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Where have all the Peaches gone?

Gone to graveyards, everyone.
When will they ever learn.
When will they ever learn.

:p

Tom
01-10-2010, 07:58 PM

I have that dream a lot......sweet! :D

46zilzal
01-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Interesting how you persist in a fantasy you created.

Been in three fight my whole life and wouldn't soil my hands with those clowns.

Tom
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
What did you soil?

BlueShoe
01-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Home of the John Birch Society, putting up with all the fear mongering that Godless Commies were under every rock, ..Closed minded combative goons ready to blow up anytime anyone disagreed with them..........LITTLE has changed.
Hey Zilly, do the Birchers have a contract out on you? You seem to be terrified of Orange County. Or is it just conservative values and ideology that you do not wish to face? Actually, I wish that OC was more conservative than it is. As the lead post says, liberalism is what has killed California, and, for that matter,killing the rest of the nation. For the time being at least, Orange County is not totally in the hands of the Bolsheviks, unlike most of the state.

ElKabong
01-11-2010, 12:26 AM
What did you soil?

When he said he wouldn't "soil" his hands, maybe he didn't bother wiping his ass after a Marine stomped a mudhole in him....

delayjf
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM

If your consider liberal policy's that have lead to unsubstainable spending then yes it's a matter of mismanagement. Also, you will be happy to know the Marines are gone and its now safe to return. You only have the Orange County House Wives to deal with.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey Zilly, do the Birchers have a contract out on you? You seem to be terrified of Orange County. Or is it just conservative values and ideology that you do not wish to face? Actually, I wish that OC was more conservative than it is. As the lead post says, liberalism is what has killed California, and, for that matter,killing the rest of the nation. For the time being at least, Orange County is not totally in the hands of the Bolsheviks, unlike most of the state.
The ideology of Orange County so stifled OBJECTIVE thinking that the shedding the yoke of that ONE sided position was, and remains an epiphany. I can recall people asking me (while at UCLA) if at our high school football games our cheerleaders said:

lean to the right
lean to the right
stand up, sit down
fight fight fight

There being, of course, No left at all but only a position RIGHT of something else.

Show Me the Wire
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
The ideology of Orange County so stifled OBJECTIVE thinking that the shedding the yoke of that ONE sided position was, and remains an epiphany. I can recall people asking me (while at UCLA) if at our high school football games our cheerleaders said:

lean to the right
lean to the right
stand up, sit down
fight fight fight

There being, of course, No left at all but only a position RIGHT of something else.

Are you trying to teach us about Orange county by your authority?
I sayeth to you:

I do not believe in authority or teachers or believe in conjecture.

Wisdom never goes out of style, especially when you understand the true and pertinent question is to question the original source of the teaching or authority. In other words where does the original authority, for the teaching or authority, eminate. Where does the authority, for your lectures eminate, Mr. 46?

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I grew up there, was schooled there, visit there often, many many friends live there, my sister and her husband live in the house I grew up in and they both work there.

More connection to that place than most and express an idea what it was like all my life to be associated with a closed minded ideology.

Take it our leave it, or better yet ACTUALLY LIVE THERE and you might, like I came to realize, recognize what a nut house of morons populate the region.

Show Me the Wire
01-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I grew up there, was schooled there, visit there often, many many friends live there, my sister and her husband live in the house I grew up in and they both work there.

More connection to that place than most and express an idea what it was like all my life to be associated with a closed minded ideology.

Take it our leave it, or better yet ACTUALLY LIVE THERE and you might, like I came to realize, recognize what a nut house of morons populate the region.

So you have none, except your opinion. Unless, every one that has lived in Orange County has the same opinion, about Orange county, as you, your teaching is pretty meaningless. You have no authority to decide what is and is not close minded.

You are the close minded one because you do not undersatnd you should not be the source of the teaching. You close your mind, in order to, open yourself to the fasle idea that you are elite (source of knowledge) to justify your disagreement.

Your faulty thought processes and logic are the direct result of pride and selfishness, resulting from your error believing yourself as the source of truth about Orange county and anything else.

I know your belief, grounded in the concept you are the source of knowledege, will close your mind to the truth and the logic contained in my reply to you.

Simply put you lack the discernment to gain wisdom as described by Buddha

Black Ruby
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Of course we all know that Enron had no part in starting California down the road to ruin, right? They used "liberal" accounting, I suppose.

Show Me the Wire
01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Interesting tag line. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Give a man religion, and watch him starve to death praying for a fish.

What happens when you don't give him a fish? Seems pretty cruel to build up false hope about depending on recieving a fish everyday.

JustRalph
01-11-2010, 03:01 PM
And those Housewife's are Spoiled Bitches too!!!!

BlueShoe
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I have lived here since 1988, and I intend to leave, but for totally different reasons than you did. The high cost of living, congestion, illegal immigration, the desire for a slower paced life, and the overall decline in California are the factors. Amusing, conservatism sent you packing, and liberalism is driving me out of Orange County, and likely out of California.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I have lived here since 1988, and I intend to leave, but for totally different reasons than you did. The high cost of living, congestion, illegal immigration, the desire for a slower paced life, and the overall decline in California are the factors. Amusing, conservatism sent you packing, and liberalism is driving me out of Orange County, and likely out of California.
You arrived FAR FAR after the place had already started to fall apart. I wouldn't walk around my old neighborhood in the DAY time now, high school looks like a prison..........NOW the Northern part of the state remains very very nice as if it were another country.

I left in the South in 70 but came back to Northern California in 71 to 77. Worked for the 49ers and had a fun time going to professional school in the Bay area, discovered the fair circuit, loved old Bay Meadows (some great great scores there at the quarters and even the pacers), the camping is marvelous at lovely places on the coast up around Arcata *fun to go to Ferndale races* Clear Lake is very nice......My friend Dr. Sam AAnestad is a state senator there and might run for Lt. Governor

Like Chickenhead allluded to many times, if I were a Norther California resident I would move to split the state up.

BlueShoe
01-11-2010, 04:09 PM
You arrived FAR FAR after the place had already started to fall apart..NOW the Northern part of the state remains very very nice as if it were another country.Like Chickenhead allluded to many times, if I were a Norther California resident I would move to split the state up.
Prior to '88 I lived for most of my life in Glendale, which at one time was every bit as consevative as OC, so you likely did not care for that city either. Do agree with you about NorCal. If I stay in California it will be above an imaginary line drawn from Santa Rosa through Sacramento to Reno. Seemed almost like a different state on visits to the area. State of Jefferson anyone? Is that idea still alive? On an amusing note, north of my line there are only two otb facilities, one in Anderson and the other in Eureka (wonder if they had any damage from the recent quake). That means that if I move north will finally have to open an online wagering account.

Show Me the Wire
01-11-2010, 04:46 PM
You arrived FAR FAR after the place had already started to fall apart. I wouldn't walk around my old neighborhood in the DAY time now, high school looks like a prison

So, O' font of wisdom which is better, the past or the current. At least when the close mind people populated the neighborhood you could walk the streets.

I am amazed how you can continually, exponentially increase the depths of your silliness.

46zilzal
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
So, O' font of wisdom which is better, the past or the current. At least when the close mind people populated the neighborhood you could walk the streets.
One is as bad as the other

Show Me the Wire
01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
One is as bad as the other

Only in your head. Buddha would be very disappointed in you.

delayjf
01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
More connection to that place than most and express an idea what it was like all my life to be associated with a closed minded ideology.Ah yes, the liberal, I mean progressive enlightenment. That wonderful freethinking, life without limits, or morals, mentality that gave us the sexual revolution that manifested into the bathhouses of San Francisco also known as the epicenter for aids. Let us not forget the hippie counter culture and it’s “tune out” war cry which put us front and center with the drug / crime epidemic that is prevalent today. But there is some good news, abortions are flourishing - it really is a wonderful life. Now, what were you saying about saving lives???