PDA

View Full Version : fraction's

BIG HIT
06-21-2003, 07:15 AM
Hi guy's with fraction's when broke down into 1\8 is it easyier to tell weather horse was hurt makeing a move into a fast quarter.Or if held his ground made his move in a slower quarter.I understand it would be depend on run style.
But is there really a difference is my question my question?.I assume after would tell less then then makeing move into a fast quarter.W hat are your thought's.

Suff
06-21-2003, 08:38 AM
I had a little trouble understanding exactly what your point or questions was......But on the subject of pace and Tactical Moves.

Very few Fillys or Horses have the "tactical" speed your describing. The majority of the rank and file Thoroughbreds have either a speed gear or a Closing Gear. I'd venture to say that only about 20% of Horses have a tactical gear that would allow them to make Moves in the backstretch or entering a turn. The Fractions on the first 1/4 and last 1/4 are the determining factor in the Majority of races.

The spectacular horse is the Horse that can Manipulate its running style to adjust to the first 1/4 fraction...and the 4 furlong fraction. Its a Unique horse that can win both on the front end and off the pace. IMHO the vast Majority of horses are required to be within no more than 5 lengths off the pace if they expect to win.......and/or Need fractions in the 22's for sprints and high 23's for routes to have shot at picking up the field. Most Horses are Pace slaves.

BIG HIT
06-21-2003, 09:10 AM
Sorry for confuseion what was trying to say if a quarter is run in say 23 flat and you broke that down to 1\8 be 11\12 and he was in lead any horse that started his move on him at start of that quarter would be significant or made his move in last half.
I think read something on this in racing time's year's ago.Say 6f race a horse run frist qt 22 sec qt 23 final 24 wuld break down like this in 1\8's frist qt 11\11 sec qt 11\12 final 12\12 which if a front runner ran slower every qt and anybody who was still around at finish who active or held ground to the 1\2 and finished well at end would be a good bet in lesser field next out all thing's equal.
Thank's for your reply