PDA

View Full Version : Daruty opens mouth.....removes all doubt that he is a moron

InsideThePylons-MW
01-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Great line from Daruty explaining why Tracknet is justified in raising the percentage it wants for each dollar wagered on their tracks.........

“We don’t think it’s appropriate to sell to Mid-Atlantic today at the same rate that was received five years ago,” Daruty said. “What product do you buy in your daily life that you’re paying the same today that you did five years ago?”

So using Daruty's logic.....at some point in time, Tracknet should be charging $1.00 for each $1.00 wagered on it's signals.

It's just impossible he could be this stupid and be in charge of a business that has control of horse racing to the point in which he can hold the sport's fans/bettors hostage.

http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/index.ssf/2010/01/contract_dispute_between_racin.html

cj
01-08-2010, 05:50 PM
He is clearly one of the big villains for bettors and has been for a long time.

therussmeister
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I can think of many products that are cheaper today than five years ago, but I guess he doesn't believe in increasing profit by growing handle.

chickenhead
01-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I can think of many products that are cheaper today than five years ago, but I guess he doesn't believe in increasing profit by growing handle.

the real point is they're not talking about price, they're talking about margins. If we rephrase his question as:

“What product does a company sell with the same margins today as they did five years ago?”

The answer is, on average, all of them.

FenceBored
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
And another entry in the "is this guy crazy like a fox, or just plain crazy" file, Mr. Daruty appeared before the Illinois Racing Board to lobby for a 9% fee cap on ADWs, and against a 5% fee cap. He apparantly said that if they imposed a 5% cap

... TrackNet would take punitive measures in the state. Daruty's position met with stiff resistance from the board, and a motion capping commission fees at 5 percent was soon made, seconded, and unanimously approved.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/110378.html

Now, what kind of person thinks you can go into a state commission's meeting and make threats? Or, is Tracknet willing to accept 5%, given their position with Arlington, thinking it will keep out some of the others, and this was Daruty's way of achieving that while not appearing to support it.

DeanT
01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
the real point is they're not talking about price, they're talking about margins. If we rephrase his question as:

“What product does a company sell with the same margins today as they did five years ago?”

The answer is, on average, all of them.

That is why I think this has to be a misquote. Everyone knows the difference between margin and price.

Stillriledup
01-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Time for betting exchanges to start being legal to US residents.