PDA

View Full Version : M1 and YR horses to watch for Fri. 1/8

markgoldie
01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Tonight there was one horse who made my Horses To Watch list from the Meadowlands who is racing at Yonkers.

He is: K G's Delight and it is R10, pp #6

At The Big M:

R3 #3 Star Party- won under wraps
R10 #5 Ramona Disomma- good close off moderate flow
R13 #2 Circles Dragon Lady- Inside/outside strong close
R13 #5 LR Dancing Dream- very good speed effort in fast-paced race

Note: In the 13th LR Dancing Dream will offer much better betting odds than Circles Dragon Lady due to a significant final-time differential, but with the right trip, she should be a threat.

toetoe
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Does her conqueress last time, Lightning Treasure (9/2), have any shot on the stepup in Meadowlands' 9th tonight ?

markgoldie
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Does her conqueress last time, Lightning Treasure (9/2), have any shot on the stepup in Meadowlands' 9th tonight ?

Absolutely. One of the major contenders in the race. Other than her, #4 Mach You And Me has to be considered a threat due to the claim and the barn change to the hot Casie Coleman. Also, #1 Native Hotspur is a very high-quality mare who went off form a bit in the fall In Ill., but was rested and added lasix for tonight's event. On her best and particularly with Sears she is every bit as good, if not better, than anything in here.

We would also expect #7 A Patchy Frost to be tighter, making only her second start since last May.

fmolf
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Absolutely. One of the major contenders in the race. Other than her, #4 Mach You And Me has to be considered a threat due to the claim and the barn change to the hot Casie Coleman. Also, #1 Native Hotspur is a very high-quality mare who went off form a bit in the fall In Ill., but was rested and added lasix for tonight's event. On her best and particularly with Sears she is every bit as good, if not better, than anything in here.

We would also expect #7 A Patchy Frost to be tighter, making only her second start since last May.
Here are my contest pics:

R6... :5:

R8... :1:

lightning treasure fits the conditions snuggly...hope she can overcome the post.
R9... :8:

The Bit
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Few horses out of my stable mail come back tonight at M1.

R13 - Binions - pace from imp. spot

R9 - I'm Betting On You - left, shuff, pace

R9 - Mysticole Maggie - locked in, looked to have pace

R10 - Natalie - left, shuff, pace

Yonk - R10 - KG Delight - bad shuff, pace

markgoldie
01-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Few horses out of my stable mail come back tonight at M1.

R13 - Binions - pace from imp. spot

R9 - I'm Betting On You - left, shuff, pace

R9 - Mysticole Maggie - locked in, looked to have pace

R10 - Natalie - left, shuff, pace

Yonk - R10 - KG Delight - bad shuff, pace
Been over the Natalie vs. Ramona Disomma situation before on this forum. My position is that Natalie had the far better inside trip and was hanging at the wire. In addition, Tracy's Song the #8 in here was a consistently better mare at The Meadows than Natalie. But anything can happen. ;)

toetoe
01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Been over the Natalie vs. Ramona Disomma situation before on this forum.

I'm over Natalie --- I swear. :D .

The shuffle for I'm Betting on You, after she left for the point from the 6-postage, is my motive for playing her. I'm counting on a decent flow for her. It may not happen, but a second- or third-over voyage will make her very tough to deny.

badcompany
01-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Tonight there was one horse who made my Horses To Watch list from the Meadowlands who is racing at Yonkers.

At The Big M:

R3 #3 Star Party- won under wraps
R10 #5 Ramona Disomma- good close off moderate flow
R13 #2 Circles Dragon Lady- Inside/outside strong close
R13 #5 LR Dancing Dream- very good speed effort in fast-paced race

Note: In the 13th LR Dancing Dream will offer much better betting odds than Circles Dragon Lady due to a significant final-time differential, but with the right trip, she should be a threat.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/thanks-for-nothing.jpg

The Bit
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Been over the Natalie vs. Ramona Disomma situation before on this forum. My position is that Natalie had the far better inside trip and was hanging at the wire. In addition, Tracy's Song the #8 in here was a consistently better mare at The Meadows than Natalie. But anything can happen. ;)

And you were 1 and 1/4 length more correct than I. :)

However, at 12 to 1 vs. 4 to 1 I'll take my chances.

markgoldie
01-09-2010, 02:29 PM
And you were 1 and 1/4 length more correct than I. :)

However, at 12 to 1 vs. 4 to 1 I'll take my chances.

Bit:

As we all know, anything can and has happened in a horse race. My only interest is in correct information. What anyone does with it and what eventually happens is a totally different matter.

Couple of examples from last night. There are undoubtedly going to be those who will tell you that Henry Gram was helplessly boxed in the stretch in the 5th race. However, a close inspection of the replay will show that Tetrick had a sufficient lane and that Henry Gram had all he wanted in the race.

Example 2 is the Binions situation in the 13th. She was indeed trapped on the inside in a race that came up pathetically slow (1:55). However, where was the pace when she DID get free? There was none. Now. I understand that horses lose momentum and can be choked in a trapped situation, but without confirmation of choking, there was nothing about this performance to make me want to play her next week.

So that's it. I just want to be able to agree on what we see and I'm not out to tell anyone what to play.