PDA

View Full Version : Any Weather Cancellations Today?

strapper
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Any tracks cancelled today/tonight? Weather seems pretty bad across the entire U.S. :confused:

tzipi
01-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Any tracks cancelled today/tonight? Weather seems pretty bad across the entire U.S. :confused:

North East wise there's nothing much. Just dustings here and there.

WinterTriangle
01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
It's the coldest it's been that I can remember here in Arkansas. My outside thermometer showed below zero, but the wind was whipping at about 35-40 mph. so that was probably minus 10. They are saying it's the coldest air in well over a decade.

strapper
01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Someone told me Sam Houston cancelled tonight? Anybody know for sure?

schweitz
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Someone told me Sam Houston cancelled tonight? Anybody know for sure?

Yes, they have cancelled due to weather (per their web site).

Grits
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
How on earth do these guys at Aqueduct, and other tracks points north stand this mid 20s with wind chills????????????? I don't see how they can take it. Its not possible to get warm between races in this kind of cold.

I feel sorry for these guys. This is one tough way to make a living wearing no more clothes than they have on.

This is the coldest weather we've had for consecutive days, here in Carolina, since the 70s and 80s. And its even colder in other parts of the nation.

Don't like this. Harmful to too many.

post time
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
to cold at sam houston

cj
01-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Just check here each day. Equibase keeps it current.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/cancellations.cfm

strapper
01-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks, didn't even realize I could pull that up @ Equibase.

Just check here each day. Equibase keeps it current.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/cancellations.cfm

Mineshaft
01-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Delta just cancelled the remaining card for tonite and also tomorrows card.

I dont get it Aqueduct can run in snow and cold but Delta and Sam Houston cancel with 30 degrees weather. Unbelievable

ROCKAWAYBOY
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
HELL ITS GOING TO SNOW IN NORTH FLORIDA TOMARROW !! I WILL BE AT GULFSTREAM MAYBE INSIDE !!!

Saratoga_Mike
01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Delta just cancelled the remaining card for tonite and also tomorrows card.

I dont get it Aqueduct can run in snow and cold but Delta and Sam Houston cancel with 30 degrees weather. Unbelievable

The AQU surface is "winterized," while those two tracks are not.

therussmeister
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
The AQU surface is "winterized," while those two tracks are not.

And the jocks are winterized too. I'm guessing the jockeys in Louisiana and Texas don't have cold weather gear.

The Hawk
01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Wind is probably as big a factor as the cold is.

cj's dad
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
in some parts of the country that some politicians have their hands in their own pockets.

cj
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
It was 2 degrees this morning here. I know in some places, that isn't a big deal, but this is Oklahoma!

boomman
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM
It was 2 degrees this morning here. I know in some places, that isn't a big deal, but this is Oklahoma!

Craig: 31o here this morning in Southwest Florida, sounds like almost a heat wave compared to most of the rest of the country, but trust me, we're freezing our asses off! :D Broke the record low set in 1959. It's hilarious to watch all of the folks that have travelled down to here to "escape the cold" and golf and go to the beach this weekend. NOT!!!:ThmbDown: Got my heater on full blast (I think it's been on 3x in 5 years ;) )

Boomer

johnhannibalsmith
01-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Craig: 31o here this morning in Southwest Florida, sounds like almost a heat wave compared to most of the rest of the country, but trust me, we're freezing our asses off! :D Broke the record low set in 1959. It's hilarious to watch all of the folks that have travelled down to here to "escape the cold" and golf and go to the beach this weekend. NOT!!!:ThmbDown: Got my heater on full blast (I think it's been on 3x in 5 years ;) )
Boomer

I definitely don't need to hear you cry about the cold... I'll remember this post when I'm hearing about my attire... :kiss: