PDA

View Full Version : My Music Site

jballscalls
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
At the risk of getting torched by many back here, i wanted to post a link to a myspace site i put together with some simple demos i've been working on. There are 7 songs up there, all very simple, just me and my guitar.

if anyone would like to check them out, here is the link.

http://www.myspace.com/jasonbeem

thanks for listening!

ArlJim78
01-08-2010, 01:05 AM
wow, thats good stuff JB, I'm seriously impressed. My favorites are the first two, Dreams and Reno, but its all good.

I like your style, thanks for posting this.

Quagmire
01-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Very good :ThmbUp:

chickenhead
01-08-2010, 01:19 AM
thanks for sharing jb, that's very good.

bigmack
01-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I encourage everyone I know to have a creative pursuit.

If I might...

On "I Tied" you seemed to have used a pickup to record the guitar. It sounded more crisp and intimate. I'd suggest using whatever technique you used for that track for others.

On "C'mon on Meyer" your B string is uncomfortably flat. If you don't have the ear for tuning, use an electronic tuner.

Overall: You're using a very little portion of the range of your voice. I'd use more of your lower register.

Also, most people writing a song play a chord and often start the melody on the same note that they have for the last 10 songs. If you start a song with a chord progression, there are a variety of notes to start your melody on and that can make for an entirely different song. Take the note that you'd normally start a melody and move to another. It can take you in directions you might not have explored.

All the best.

illinoisbred
01-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Excellent voice and guitar. "Dreams..." a little reminiscent of Gary Allen.

Robert Goren
01-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I liked " I be Gone" sort of reminded me of Don Williams.

jballscalls
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
thanks for the comments and the constructive criticisms, very much appreciated. They are just simple demos, my goal is to maybe get 12 or 13 songs and actually do a record, and do drums and bass and leads and back up vocals, but for now, just keeping it simple.

The song reno is about a guy who has lost his love, which is gambling, his only friend he had in a new town. and he's debating on just saying screw it, packing up the bankroll and heading to reno to blow it all one more time.

i promise its not autobiographical ;)

ArlJim78
01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
It made me think of the great REM song All the Way To Reno.

kenwoodallpromos
01-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I will check it out ASAP! I write country.

Grits
01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm seriously glad Jason Beem's writer's block left him, and I hope it never comes back and he keeps writing and singing for many years to come.;) A fine voice, Jason/JB