PDA

View Full Version : Awful DQ Race 4 Penn Nat

davefulche
01-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I know many of you dont like Pen Nat, but its my home track so I play it. I hate management there and now I hate the stewards.

There is no way in hell the 9 should come down.....that comes down nowhere. He impeded the 12 however the 12 was beaten already for 1st and 2nd and was impeded 10 yards from the wire. The jockey knew this by the way he was riding. And obviously the 2 wasnt impeded at all.....

Of course I had the 3 and the 8 go down at the top of the stretch and the 9 was my only other horse....so yes I am involved....but even if I wasn't I'd feel the same way.

horses721
01-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Which race are you talking about?

TonyK@HSH
01-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I know many of you dont like Pen Nat, but its my home track so I play it. I hate management there and now I hate the stewards.

There is no way in hell the 9 should come down.....that comes down nowhere. He impeded the 12 however the 12 was beaten already for 1st and 2nd and was impeded 10 yards from the wire. The jockey knew this by the way he was riding. And obviously the 2 wasnt impeded at all.....

Of course I had the 3 and the 8 go down at the top of the stretch and the 9 was my only other horse....so yes I am involved....but even if I wasn't I'd feel the same way.

Have to agree with you on this one although the stewards have a good case. The 9 'technically' impedded the 12 before the wire. But clearly the order of finish was not affected. I say bad call and I was not involved in the race.

TonyK

cj
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Which race are you talking about?

I'm going to guess the 4th since he put it in the thread title.

proximity
01-08-2010, 01:36 AM
i agree that it was a bad call by the stewards.

however, some of your anger should also be directed towards the jockey who was whipping hard right handed which caused the nine horse to drift in several paths.

proximity
01-08-2010, 01:42 AM
I hate management there......

i guess i'd say i hate management there too, but i'm not even sure "management" exists.

it would be kinda like saying that i hate aliens from mars or the loch ness monster. :)

Pell Mell
01-08-2010, 08:51 AM
But not a word about the horrific spill at the top of the stretch. Any word on Parker and Belmonte?

As far as the DQ, one would have to wonder why Whitney, as experienced as he is, would continue to whip right handed driving his horse to the inside when there was nobody on his outside. Before that he was whipping left handed and the horse was drifting out but there was nobody out there so it made no difference.
Bad judgement on Whitney's part in my opinion.
I had no stake in the race but was watching.

ArlJim78
01-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I was hoping someone else would comment on it, I got shafted on it as I bet the nine to win.

Watching that race I had several emotions. first it didn't look like the nine had enough to win as they raced around the turn. then that horrific spill, then it looked like the nine was going to inherit the victory and did barely hold off the 80-1 horse.

I felt confident that the result would stand. Yes the nine crowded the badly tiring 12 as he passed him, but the order of finish was not impacted.

when i looked up and saw the judges had placed him third I was surprised. I don't understand the point of those kinds of dq's.

lamboguy
01-08-2010, 09:23 AM
i saw the race myself and thought there was no way the horse should have come down, it was right at the wire and the 12 horse looked like he was going backwards anyway. this was the race that had the breakdowns in it. usually they take good care of Todd Beattie and put him up on phantom takedowns which happened to one of my horses over a year ago. i guess they decided to do the wrong thing to BEATTIE this time around for no good reason.management sucks in that place and so don't the stewards. the money is good though so we are all their whores. they got real good racing there now too, they get more action on BETFAIR these days than on parimutual pools.

gm10
01-08-2010, 09:55 AM
i saw the race myself and thought there was no way the horse should have come down, it was right at the wire and the 12 horse looked like he was going backwards anyway. this was the race that had the breakdowns in it. usually they take good care of Todd Beattie and put him up on phantom takedowns which happened to one of my horses over a year ago. i guess they decided to do the wrong thing to BEATTIE this time around for no good reason.management sucks in that place and so don't the stewards. the money is good though so we are all their whores. they got real good racing there now too, they get more action on BETFAIR these days than on parimutual pools.

Maybe the stewards have a BF account ;-)

Seriously though, there are American trainers who play on BF. Scott Lake - I think does it, I've seen too many dodgy things at Philly. I reckon Eduardo Nunez (jockey) at Calder gets involved with this, too.

lamboguy
01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Maybe the stewards have a BF account ;-)

Seriously though, there are American trainers who play on BF. Scott Lake - I think does it, I've seen too many dodgy things at Philly. I reckon Eduardo Nunez (jockey) at Calder gets involved with this, too.how come i can't have one, they won't give me one because i am a US resident they say. these guys must have figured out how to circumvent the rules, i am to stupid to know how to do it