PDA

View Full Version : when capping races...

only11
01-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Is the first half more important then the last half?And in your opinion which quarter is the most crucial when capping races?.
I look @ the middle quarters?

tzipi
01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Is the first half more important then the last half?And in your opinion which quarter is the most crucial when capping races?.
I look @ the middle quarters?

Its depends for me. I love last quarter capping and I do well with it but it depends how fast or slow it was early on.

GaryG
01-07-2010, 08:23 PM
The two are interrelated.....a fast final quarter in a race with a walking pace is to be expected. I like the ones (who doesn't?) who can press a hot pace and still finish.

Tuffmug
01-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Pace shape of the race will often determine which fraction is most important. Too many E types and the speeds will fry each other and set up for a late fraction horse. Lone E with a slow late fraction will be eating in his stall by the time the late fraction wonder starts his big move.
This game is not about single numbers as each race is slightly different and each horse comes into it with different strengths and weaknesses from one race to the next. Don't get lost in a single factor. You need to see the big picture first and then you can use that to hone in on which factors will be important in that race.

kenwoodallpromos
01-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Most important to me is the last turn, so the last 3f to me is most important; The turn to prove power and training, and the stretch to prove stamina.

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Late pace on turf
Early pace on dirt
Whatever on poly