PDA

View Full Version : Is having a horse you own, win a race the greatest feeling in the world?

Zippy Chippy
01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I want to know how this feels one day. Even if its a cheap horse in a cheap race. I can't imagine how it must feel to see your horse win a race.

Dave Schwartz
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
No.

cj
01-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I could think of about 100 things at least that are better...seriously.

Citation1947
01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I want to know how this feels one day. Even if its a cheap horse in a cheap race. I can't imagine how it must feel to see your horse win a race.

No but it can be the second greatest feeling in the world, and it lasts for about 10 mins or so. I guess hitting the powerball might be better too.

WinterTriangle
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
What are you comparing it to?:confused:

If you're comparing it to betting on somebody else's horses, I say yes, because it's about the endeavor itself.

Picking a winning ticket on somebody else's horse is fun and profitable.

Having actually DONE the work to get those horses ITM is another thing entirely.

Whole families are involved in the ownership of a racehorse....it becomes something they are involved with together, go to stables together, to track, etc. Kids, grandkids, spouses, elders. I believe a poster here, who owns some pretty nice racehorses, expressed that.

This is one of the things that WILL keep racing alive, IMHO---it's getting involved in a real flesh-and-blood way.

LRL Racing
01-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Having several really nice horses I can say that the memory never goes away on some of them. My dad who got me interested in horse racing has been with me on many occasions and the memories are truly priceless. As well my wife, children (older) and my grandkids are all involved in going to the backside and frontside as well as visiting farms in Lexington. The relationships formed with your trainer and their family also creates great memories. Of course it turned into the most profitable venture of my life thanks to Larry and Cindy Jones whom I will forever be thankful for and indebted to.
Owning horses can bring an entire family together and create truly remarkable and memories that are truly priceless and lots of fun.

CryingForTheHorses
01-10-2010, 11:08 AM

There is no better feeling in the world watching your horse come down the stretch in front,Whether its a cheap claimer or a million dollar race.Guys that tell you that its not are just sour grapes!!!

onefast99
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
There is no better feeling in the world watching your horse come down the stretch in front,Whether its a cheap claimer or a million dollar race.Guys that tell you that its not are just sour grapes!!!
There is no better feeling especially if you were the one who either bought the horse at a sale, claimed it or bred it. I can't explain in words the feeling of winning some very nice stakes races in our short time involvement in racing. My kids picked the silk colors, and the rest was history. Your question was is it the best feeling in the world, at the time it is, and maybe if it was a real close race or a runaway winner you go to race replays and re-live the excitement. I have to agree with Tom, for those who say it isn't have never owned or competed in this game from the ownership aspect. And if they did it wasn't a rewarding experience.

onefast99
01-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I could think of about 100 things at least that are better...seriously.
Could you please list them in alphabetical order! Only kidding.

Citation1947
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
There is no better feeling especially if you were the one who either bought the horse at a sale, claimed it or bred it. I can't explain in words the feeling of winning some very nice stakes races in our short time involvement in racing. My kids picked the silk colors, and the rest was history. Your question was is it the best feeling in the world, at the time it is, and maybe if it was a real close race or a runaway winner you go to race replays and re-live the excitement. I have to agree with Tom, for those who say it isn't have never owned or competed in this game from the ownership aspect. And if they did it wasn't a rewarding experience.

Well, I only said one thing feels better. I'll let you figure that out.

Grits
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Well, I only said one thing feels better. I'll let you figure that out.

But, on this, one can't see themselves on replay.

Well . . . some may, but . . . . . we won't go there.

onefast99
01-10-2010, 04:30 PM
But, on this, one can't see themselves on replay.

Well . . . some may, but . . . . . we won't go there.\
Yes they can and I believe there is bailout monies for that industry also!

Trotman
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I'll tell you as a owner of many standardbreds and 2 t-breds to get to the winners circle is WOW. My most unbelievable moment was when my daughter was born the next was when my son was born kind of like :1: + :1: cause I would not favour one over the other. Their accomplishments in life are paramount to me as life is what we make of it. So not to be long winded my children come first then the horses,it's a beautiful world. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I experienced it 4 times in my brief period of ownership and I have to admit they almost took me out of the Select Club in downtown Manhattan in a straight jacket I was screaming so wildly through the stretch run of one his races. :D

onefast99
01-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I experienced it 4 times in my brief period of ownership and I have to admit they almost took me out of the Select Club in downtown Manhattan in a straight jacket I was screaming so wildly through the stretch run of one his races. :D
And for that moment you sat on top of the world and couldn't care about anything else but getting to the winners circle to get your picture taken!