PDA

View Full Version : amazing capper

porkchop
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
is anyone familiar with a handicapping software called amazing capper. if so I would appreciate any input

thanks
chop

dartman51
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM
is anyone familiar with a handicapping software called amazing capper. if so I would appreciate any input

thanks
chop

Porkchop, It is a TOOL that I use daily. I have a TON of software that I play around with, but Amazing Capper is one of 2 that I use daily. It has one of the best written manuals to walk you through. While it is not a database driven program, there are aspects one needs to update regularlly. While it's output has some of the same data that a lot of other software has, it does have some that is unique to AC. Definately NOT a 'black box'. Just a good TOOL. :ThmbUp:

porkchop
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
thanks dartman I was surfing saw all those recomendations and was just curious about it . went into PA archives about it and there semmed to be a big arguement about who wrote the reviews and if they were done by one person or actual individuals. think I will pass . good luck

lsosa54
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
http://amazingcapper.netfirms.com/

Are we talking about this software? Close to $500 with a testimonial from 2000? I also Dan Pope's name pop up in relation to the terms Amazing Capper.

Ghostrider5
01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
There is no demo to try out the software. Plus the software hasn't been upgraded since the website was built. Talked to Doug Mattern on the telephone about a year ago. He hired a programmer to do all of the software work from his handicapping ideas. And he told me that he didn't know how to do any coding for the amazing capper. Don't know if it would work on a computer with windows vista or not.

Since Doug doesn't know how to code the software to make it more customer friendly. I decided not to buy the software. He couldn't guarantee it would work on the newer versions of microsoft operating systems. Plus i wanted to see some screen shots of the software. I seen the two on the website. But couldn't make out the whole screen. He wouldn't even do that.

Also talked to him about the amazing caper booklet that I bought. I asked was the amazing capper based on the book. He said no! Could'nt get him to tell me what the software could do for me. Not looking for a black box but at least want to know some of the features of the program. Seen a screen shot with alot of abbreviations on the website. $500 is alot of money to pay for a software program with no demo. I assume it is a pace program.

If their is somebody on this forum who has the software. What are some of the main features of the program? Just curious since I could never get a straight answer from Doug Mattern.

Ghostrider5

dartman51
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
There is no demo to try out the software. Plus the software hasn't been upgraded since the website was built. Talked to Doug Mattern on the telephone about a year ago. He hired a programmer to do all of the software work from his handicapping ideas. And he told me that he didn't know how to do any coding for the amazing capper. Don't know if it would work on a computer with windows vista or not.

Since Doug doesn't know how to code the software to make it more customer friendly. I decided not to buy the software. He couldn't guarantee it would work on the newer versions of microsoft operating systems. Plus i wanted to see some screen shots of the software. I seen the two on the website. But couldn't make out the whole screen. He wouldn't even do that.

Also talked to him about the amazing caper booklet that I bought. I asked was the amazing capper based on the book. He said no! Could'nt get him to tell me what the software could do for me. Not looking for a black box but at least want to know some of the features of the program. Seen a screen shot with alot of abbreviations on the website. $500 is alot of money to pay for a software program with no demo. I assume it is a pace program.

If their is somebody on this forum who has the software. What are some of the main features of the program? Just curious since I could never get a straight answer from Doug Mattern.

Ghostrider5

The program HAS been upgraded. I have the original and the upgraded version. It was a major upgrade. The program is way more than a pace program. Too many to list here, but I have gotten my money back many times over. I will tell you that it tracks angles with trainers and jockeys that must be updated each year. I actually do it 2 and 3 times a year, thanks to the database that I have. Two angles that have paid big dividends are ppc(preferred post change) and jrs(jockey fits running style). Catches some good prices. In this game today, you can't make money if you are using the same thing everyone else uses. That's why I use the program. It points me in the right direction, but I have to make the final decision. :)

UltimateBetter
08-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Where an I purchase this software.

lamboguy
08-09-2016, 11:54 PM
The program HAS been upgraded. I have the original and the upgraded version. It was a major upgrade. The program is way more than a pace program. Too many to list here, but I have gotten my money back many times over. I will tell you that it tracks angles with trainers and jockeys that must be updated each year. I actually do it 2 and 3 times a year, thanks to the database that I have. Two angles that have paid big dividends are ppc(preferred post change) and jrs(jockey fits running style). Catches some good prices. In this game today, you can't make money if you are using the same thing everyone else uses. That's why I use the program. It points me in the right direction, but I have to make the final decision. :)sounds like you are completely on the right track, great thought process on your part.

VigorsTheGrey
08-10-2016, 12:01 AM
The program HAS been upgraded. I have the original and the upgraded version. It was a major upgrade. The program is way more than a pace program. Too many to list here, but I have gotten my money back many times over. I will tell you that it tracks angles with trainers and jockeys that must be updated each year. I actually do it 2 and 3 times a year, thanks to the database that I have. Two angles that have paid big dividends are ppc(preferred post change) and jrs(jockey fits running style). Catches some good prices. In this game today, you can't make money if you are using the same thing everyone else uses. That's why I use the program. It points me in the right direction, but I have to make the final decision. :)

Good to know you are using this software...I follow your selections when you post...thank you so much for sharing with us regularly....your selections help me stay afloat and have some fun betting....you know I am a real small fry in a big big pond....thanks again! :)

dartman51
08-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Good to know you are using this software...I follow your selections when you post...thank you so much for sharing with us regularly....your selections help me stay afloat and have some fun betting....you know I am a real small fry in a big big pond....thanks again! :)

VTG, thanks for the kind words. Full disclosure, when you see my picks in the LONGSHOT threads, most of what I put there are not from this program. I post those for fun, and are from a combination of programs that I have. Yes, I make small $2 wagers on them, but nothing serious. When I use Amazing Capper, I seldom get more than 3 to 5 plays pr day, through the week, and sometimes 8 to 10 plays per day on a Fri, Sat, Sun. When you see a post from me, and I tell why I like the horse, that is from AC. I've been contemplating doing more posting from AC. We shall see.

Thanks again. :ThmbUp:

Oh, one other thing. The author of the program, Dwight Mattern, died on Feb 10, 2016.

Pensacola Pete
08-10-2016, 03:53 AM
Where an I purchase this software.

The thread was over 6 years old. The last snapshot of the website was taken in January of 2012. You could use archive-org to see that and get the phone number of the author, and/or whatever other contact information existed and hope that you could get in touch with him that way. Otherwise, it might show up on EBay.

I'd be interested in the software, too, but not interested enough to shell out $492.

dartman51
08-10-2016, 10:21 AM
The thread was over 6 years old. The last snapshot of the website was taken in January of 2012. You could use archive-org to see that and get the phone number of the author, and/or whatever other contact information existed and hope that you could get in touch with him that way. Otherwise, it might show up on EBay.

I'd be interested in the software, too, but not interested enough to shell out $492.

Pete, I don't believe you can purchase it anymore. As I mentioned, in a previous post, the author died, this past February. He had been sick for some time. He was going to meet me at Keeneland, last October, when I called, a few days before, he was in bed, ill. Sadly, he never recovered.