PDA

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Last two 3d's I ever saw:1) at Disneyland, "Honey I Shrank the Kids" and way way back to "The House of Wax."

This movie is astoundingly good as I was expecting another special effects assembly and little else but then Cameron always tells good stories (Aliens, Terminator, The Abyss, Titanic along with visual candy).

Think Dances with Wolves in the Future and you are close to the very moral story.

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Think Dances with Wolves in the Future and you are close to the very moral story.
The fact that Zilly liked this film warns me that I should stay away. Reviews I have read have indicated that in this film we have the usual left wing bad guy typecasting, with the so called greedy corporations and evil capitalists as the villains. No wonder Zilly calls it a very moral story. Oh yes, regarding Dances With Wolves? Absolutely loathe this film, and cannot view it even after the 20 years since its unveiling. Consider it to be the worst historical film ever made. Pure leftist revisionism,ie, "this is the way we think it should have been, we dont care how it actually was".

Greyfox
01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Last two 3d's I ever saw:1) at Disneyland, "Honey I Shrank the Kids" .

I saw one at Disneyland but I think it was

"Honey I Shrunk the Audience."

It was absolutely tremendous. It seemed as if white rodents or whatever really ran across my feet.

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM

It was absolutely tremendous. It seemed as if white rodents or whatever really ran across my feet.
Probably the same one where the dogs sneezes and you got sprayed with water

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 02:45 PM
The fact that Zilly liked this film warns me that I should stay away. Reviews I have read have indicated that in this film we have the usual left wing bad guy typecasting, with the so called greedy corporations and evil capitalists as the villains. No wonder Zilly calls it a very moral story. Oh yes, regarding Dances With Wolves? Absolutely loathe this film, and cannot view it even after the 20 years since its unveiling. Consider it to be the worst historical film ever made. Pure leftist revisionism,ie, "this is the way we think it should have been, we dont care how it actually was".

Movie parallels real life as imperialist nations down the years have tried to ram rod THEIR way of life on poor unsuspecting indigenous peoples while pillaging their countries for raw materials and not giving a damn about ruining everything all the while treating them like animals.

Vietnam, Iraq, India, the French, Spanish, English, U.S.,Chinese, Germany, Italy, Japanese, Russians....it is a long historical line of pillaging THUGS
destroying what is not thiers in the first place.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni1315025/ folks agree with no negative responses

Greyfox
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Movie parallels real life as imperialist nations down the years have tried to ram rod THEIR way of life on poor unsuspecting indigenous peoples while pillaging their countries for raw materials and not giving a damn about ruining everything all the while treating them like animals.

Vietnam, Iraq, India, the French, Spanish, English, U.S.,Chinese, Germany, Italy, Japanese, Russians....it is a long historical line of pillaging THUGS destroying what is not thiers in the first place

Absolutely right on the money. Planet earth has seen a long long line of warring nations. "To the Victor go the spoils" is an accepted principle of mankind, whether or not it is right.

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Absolutely right on the money. Planet earth has seen a long long line of warring nations. "To the Victor go the spoils" is an accepted principle of mankind, whether or not it is right.
immorality is never normality

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks Zilly, you did not let us down, you gave exactly the response we have come to expect from you and your fellow far left travelers.

ArlJim78
01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Workers Of The World, Unite!

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Roger Ebert one of the most respected movie critics says:
"Avatar" is not simply a sensational entertainment, although it is that. It's a technical breakthrough. It has a flat-out Green and anti-war message. It is predestined to launch a cult. It contains such visual detailing that it would reward repeating viewings. It invents a new language, Na'vi, as "Lord of the Rings" did, although mercifully I doubt this one can be spoken by humans, even teenage humans. It creates new movie stars. It is an Event, one of those films you feel you must see to keep up with the conversation.

The Na'vi survive on this planet by knowing it well, living in harmony with nature, and being wise about the creatures they share with. In this and countless other ways they resemble Native Americans. Like them, they tame another species to carry them around--not horses, but graceful flying dragon-like creatures. The scene involving Jake capturing and taming one of these great beasts is one of the film's greats sequences.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091211/REVIEWS/912119998

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 04:06 PM
And for the goons who like to destroy and cannot differentiate right from wrong, one gets this point of view.

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/01/06/the-blind-side-of-avatar

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
"Avatar" is not simply a sensational entertainment, although it is that. It has a flat-out Green and anti-war message.
The Na'vi survive on this planet by knowing it well, living in harmony with nature, and being wise about the creatures they share with. In this and countless other ways they resemble Native Americans.
Now I know that I will not be seeing this film. Ebert is a leftist, as are virtually all movie reviewers in the media. It would appear that this film delivers a message that we should stamp out global warming, do not cut down any trees, be very,very nice to our sworn enemies, especially Muslims, and that all indigenous people, everywhere, are Noble Savages that are superior in every way to the powerful,evil civilized men that are attempting to corrupt and enslave them. How sweet; Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin all dressed up as cute little cartoon characters. Thanks, but no thanks. One thing though, Zilly saved me the ten or twelve bucks admission. That could mean a little extra for the track and a bit more on that good priced winner.

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Now I know that I will not be seeing this film. Ebert is a leftist, as are virtually all movie reviewers in the media. It would appear that this film delivers a message that we should stamp out global warming, do not cut down any trees, be very,very nice to our sworn enemies, especially Muslims, and that all indigenous people, everywhere, are Noble Savages that are superior in every way to the powerful,evil civilized men that are attempting to corrupt and enslave them. How sweet; Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin all dressed up as cute little cartoon characters. Thanks, but no thanks. One thing though, Zilly saved me the ten or twelve bucks admission. That could mean a little extra for the track and a bit more on that good priced winner.
The closed mind, that PRE-judges all, without ever seeing or evaluating it first hand, is becoming more and more common....Kind of akin to constipation of the soul and intellect

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
The closed mind, that PRE-judges all, without ever seeing or evaluating it first hand, is becoming more and more common....Kind of akin to constipation of the soul and intellect
In just a few words, you have summarized the liberal mindset and thought process as it exists today in the American left.

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
In just a few words, you have summarized the liberal mindset and thought process as it exists today in the American left.
Rah Rah war, Rah rah killing and destroying!

Keep destroying things, many of which will never come back. Distrust EVERYONE who doesn't think (and of COURSE look like you) exactly the same BLACK and WHITE bull shit script the feeble mind hangs on to, NEVER change and adapt to what the Chinese philosophers figured out (just as the Greeks like Hereclitus) did that NOTHING stays the same, never enter into discourse, never evaluate, just make snap judgement to continue the thuggery and destruction that is so evident all over the world today. Never learn, read and dare to re-evaluate as new data changes outlooks, just as my old prize winner Norris Pannel use to espouse, the classic authoritarian goon.

The Norris Pannel award had not be given out recently as there are usually too many deserved prize winners.

You would have fit right in the old days of those prize winning conflicts that amounted to NOTHING Grenada, Korea, Vietnam, Falkland Islands, Iraq and now the waste of flesh in Afghanistan......Cannon fodder for the yokels of war. No wonder the Chinese made it a crucifixion offense to be a war profiteer. They understood how very low that is.

bigmack
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
82% of 241 film critics liked it

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1_6_10_14_31_53.png

& box office is over a bil. (Odd foreign is double domestic. I've never seen that)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1_6_10_14_32_38.png

So somebody likes it other than zilliapolis.

ArlJim78
01-06-2010, 05:53 PM
maybe Camerons next movie venture will be about a planet whose human population gets wiped out by following the dictates of a zealous group of self-important pretentious snobs.

hcap
01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
This is by far the dumbest thing I have read here in months.

BTW, after dividing movies politically, a foolish practice, name some outstanding right wing movies.

(Biographies of Reagen or Bush do not count :sleeping: )

Tom
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Don't you read your own posts? :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Why thank you Cap, always nice to hear from you. Have always enjoyed crossing swords. Do not ever recall seeing a right wing film, only left wing ones. Of course, any film that is even the least bit patriotic or pro American, would be, by your standards, right wing.

46zilzal
01-06-2010, 06:48 PM

BTW, after dividing movies politically, a foolish practice, name some outstanding right wing movies.

Citizen Cohen might apply. The guy was a real jerk

Tom
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I liked Patton.
And Joe.

bisket
01-06-2010, 07:18 PM

if you liked that you should go to "a bugs life" in animal kingdom at disney world. even better than i shrunk then audience. you can just imagine what they do to you there. :D

riskman
01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
maybe Camerons next movie venture will be about a planet whose human population gets wiped out by following the dictates of a zealous group of self-important pretentious snobs.

That's the spirit. Lets see, there are a whole bunch of degenerate pretentious snobs left over from Bush/Cheney regime that are so hungry for attention that would make excellent characters for Camerons next movie. They would not even need a makeover to resemble alien features.

Show Me the Wire
01-06-2010, 09:17 PM
"Avatar" is not simply a sensational entertainment, although it is that. It's a technical breakthrough. It has a flat-out Green and anti-war message. It is predestined to launch a cult. It contains such visual detailing that it would reward repeating viewings. It invents a new language, Na'vi, as "Lord of the Rings" did, although mercifully I doubt this one can be spoken by humans, even teenage humans. It creates new movie stars. It is an Event, one of those films you feel you must see to keep up with the conversation.

The Na'vi survive on this planet by knowing it well, living in harmony with nature, and being wise about the creatures they share with. In this and countless other ways they resemble Native Americans. Like them, they tame another species to carry them around--not horses, but graceful flying dragon-like creatures. The scene involving Jake capturing and taming one of these great beasts is one of the film's greats sequences.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091211/REVIEWS/912119998

Does living in harmony with nature include human sacrifice and cannalbilism? Were those practices, of early Indian civilizations and up to the 1800's for the Pawnees, left out of the movie?

If so the movie's message is skewed.

sandpit
01-06-2010, 09:30 PM

They made that a couple of years ago: Wall-E, except the slobs weren't so much pretentious, just lazy, slovenly pigs.

sandpit
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
One of my brother-in-law's kids asked him what Avatar was about, and he said, "It's about giving your $9 to James Cameron to see how he is changing the face of moviemaking."

Tom
01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
The scene involving Jake capturing and taming one of these great beasts is one of the film's greats sequences.

Isn't that imposing one;s will onto another - capturing, that sure isn't a good word, now is it? Taming, destroying one's natural spirit, my GOD, 46, how can you watch this horror movie??? Jke sounds like an imperialist to me!

chickenhead
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
guy blows half a billion making a movie with 8 ft tall half naked blue alien chicks riding around on flying dinosaurs in hyper real 3D and you guys are debating the politics?

Where are your priorities? Pass the friggin popcorn, I say.

bigmack
01-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Where are your priorities? Pass the friggin popcorn, I say.
Now look what you've done.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1_6_10_20_38_18.png

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/19/movie-popcorn-is-as-bad-for-you-as-ever-well-mostly/

boxcar
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Don't you read your own posts? :rolleyes:

Doctor's orders. He can't because they're too depressing.

Boxcar

hcap
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Now I know that I will not be seeing this film. Ebert is a leftist, as are virtually all movie reviewers in the media.

I will say it again. This is by far the dumbest thing I have read here in months.

Outstanding right wing movies??????
Ok, outstanding "leftie" movies. Anything by Frank Capra.

46zilzal
01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
I will say it again. This is by far the dumbest thing I have read here in months.

Outstanding right wing movies??????
Of course they would never be caught dead looking at Capra-corn.

46zilzal
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Isn't that what invaders do? Come in, uninvited, on NO pretense at all with their thirst for raw materials or geographical advantage, and kill the locals to STEAL what is not theirs in the first place? happened in the U.S. West, South America, Vietnam, China, Europe, all over the Roman Empire, Britain was very good at it for many years (what was their mantra?, make the WORLD British...just ask the Indians)..

Classic example were the Punic Wars. After destroying the majority of Carthage in the first one, the armies of Rome had no BOGEY men to get all rilled up about, so they destroyed the weakened Army twice more. The last time they even had legions plow in salt to all the fields to insure no crops would grow.

How 'bout the stupidity of the Crusades? There is even a growing brain-dead faction in the Bible belt today who honestly believe there is a need to Christianize the entire world by armed force. Saladin wiped their ass there, just like an uprising could do it again.

Leave people alone to have the life THEY DECIDE is correct Quite meddling in their affairs and they aren't going to send bombers to your back yard. Easy to understand.

Blow back is starting to set in on the most recent Empire expansion. Too bad that idiots study history but never never understand the lessons of it

Tom
01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Leave people alone to have the life THEY DECIDE is correct

Yes, they were lining up to breath in Sadaam's nerve gas.They just love life under Kim Dung Il.And Europe got what it deserved for pissing off Hitler.If only the real world were as simple are your little world.

Greyfox
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

I'm quoting from the movie's description:

"The tale of an honest man who comes to Washington, uncovers a cesspool of corruption and deceit, and yet manages to preserve his ideals and triumph in the end. Filled with patriotic images of what the nation's capital city used to look like,.."

Produced 70 years ago and it's still just a tale.
Today it is even worse when someone presents himself as an honest man, gets elected on the promise of honesty and transparency and does the same old same old. Bull shit baffled brains in 1939 and still does today.

Greyfox
01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Britain was very good at it for many years (what was their mantra?, make the WORLD British...just ask the Indians)..

Yes. To the victor go the spoils.
If you truly don't like what the British did, it seems to me that you should will your estate to the Musqueam Indians. They occupied Vancouver before you did. Somehow I doubt that you'll do that.
Beating the drum on a message board about history's atrocities is easy.
If you truly believe what you are spewing out, you are in a position to do something about it. Talk is cheap. Your estate being willed back to the Indians would be a great move. Myself, I'm not going to do anything like that. To the Victor go the spoils.

jballscalls
01-07-2010, 01:22 PM
"President Obama took his daughters to see the 3d version of Avatar over the new years holiday. During the movie, Obama's daughter looked over at him and said...."Dad, this is how you spend half a billion dollars!!" ---conan o'brien

46zilzal
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes. To the victor go the spoils.
If you truly don't like what the British did, it seems to me that you should will your estate to the Musqueam Indians. They occupied Vancouver before you did. Somehow I doubt that you'll do that.
Beating the drum on a message board about history's atrocities is easy.
If you truly believe what you are spewing out, you are in a position to do something about it. Talk is cheap. Your estate being willed back to the Indians would be a great move. Myself, I'm not going to do anything like that. To the Victor go the spoils.

Strangely enough,as you obviously do not know what the first nations have done in Canada, THIS country is one of the very very few who recognized what the influx of foreigners did to the natives and have, over the last 40 years willed huge land tracts back to them with large monetary compensations. They also have NO tax on their reserves, they fish whenever they want without licneses and the list goes on and on.

It is ONE THING to have been on the DEFENSE, win the battle and then have the agressors pay the piper, but a completely different situation when the Agressors pillage the land with no compensations.

Last Summer I spoke to the matriarch of a band in Northern California and she, WITH FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, told us of the plight of her band. Many 14 year old "brides' were raped and stolen from the families, they were forced to re-settle in situations to which they had no understandings, thier land was stolen from them and never returned, and now the U.S. government in a very odd Catch 22 will not recognize them as a band becuase they are too small. "the gubbment" simply forgets that THEY (Cavalry) just killed over 80% of them last century in outright COLD MURDER.

Did these poor people represent a threat to the ARMY or the COUNTRY sitting on the land that was theirs for thousands of years?

Classic empire building slaughter of innocents who represented only the threat of having what the aggressor wanted and did not have.

Greyfox
01-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Strangely enough,as you obviously do not know what the first nations have done in Canada, THIS country is one of the very very few who recognized what the influx of foreigners did to the natives and have, over the last 40 years willed huge land tracts back to them with large monetary compensations. They also have NO tax on their reserves, they fish whenever they want without licneses and the list goes on and on.

So the nation that you live in did that. Good for it. Money eases guilt.
I'm not talking about what Canada did or didn't do. I'm talking about YOU giving the Indians their due by willing your estate or a portion of it to them.
Your argument is that Britain shouldn't have done what it did.
Hence, you shouldn't be living there rightfully.
Or your living there is a result of wrong doing by ancestors.
Either way you are taking advantage of what some historical group did wrongfully, according to your argument.
If you feel that way, give your land back.
I doubt that you feel strongly enough to back your words with material gains by doing that. :D

46zilzal
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I have allegiance to no government...ONLY to myself and my family

The rest is irrelevant to me

Greyfox
01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I have allegiance to no government...ONLY to myself and my family

The rest is irrelevant to me

Some how that doesn't surprise me. At least you're being honest about it. :ThmbUp:

Tom
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Next time he goes to Toronto, Tonto will kick his ass, pronto.

hcap
01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

I'm quoting from the movie's description:

"The tale of an honest man who comes to Washington, uncovers a cesspool of corruption and deceit, and yet manages to preserve his ideals and triumph in the end. Filled with patriotic images of what the nation's capital city used to look like,.."

Produced 70 years ago and it's still just a tale.
Today it is even worse when someone presents himself as an honest man, gets elected on the promise of honesty and transparency and does the same old same old. Bull shit baffled brains in 1939 and still does today.
Of course you mean GWB? :D

At least Mr Smith did not invade New Jersey, or Canada looking for WMDs
All of Capra's stuff is about the common man and triumph of caring for your neighbor.
Not exactly a tea bagger. A republican back then cared about social justice

There usually is much COMMUNITY ORGANIZING and social awareness in his films.
'Smith comes up with legislation that would authorize a federal government loan to buy some land in his home state for a national boys' camp, to be paid back by youngsters across America. Donations pour in immediately."

Tom
01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Need I remind you, the prevailing wisdom at the time was the SH had WMD.
And., I also hasten to point out that we did get Lybia's nuclear materials off the market. We also prevented terror attack on our soil for 8 years, now we have two in under a year.

Clinton - many attacks
Bush - 1 attack
Obama - 2 and counting........tick tock tick tock, the libs are back. The corruptotrats are soft on terror. Vote Blue, it might be you. :cool:

Hank
01-07-2010, 06:40 PM
And., I also hasten to point out that we did get Lybia's nuclear materials off the market. We also prevented terror attack on our soil for 8 years, now we have two in under a year.

Clinton - many attacks
Bush - 1 attack
Obama - 2 and counting........tick tock tick tock, the libs are back. The corruptotrats are soft on terror. Vote Blue, it might be you. :cool:

:lol::lol:

RobinFromIreland
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
When I saw this topic has accumulated 4 pages of discussion, I was intrigued to see what many others thought of this landmark film. Instead we have a small group of regular posters, on both sides, turning this into mean-spirited and completely unrelated bickering.

I have no problem with people having strong and deeply held opinions. But too often I click on a OT thread to read a hopefully interesting story, and instead have to wade through pages of bile. Please do not continue to do this; those involved will continue to slowly drive many others away. Stay on topic, abide by the TOS, and, if you must, create a new topic if you wish to argue over such things are the political leanings of movie reviewers. You guys have been around here long enough to know this.

As for the movie, I didn't like it and it bothers me that I am in the minority. Graphics and special effects, which are truly outstanding (practically flawless) in this movie, have never interested me enough versus others. The plot, the dialogue, the character development, the direction; these are the things I love the most. I found this movie to be lacking all of the above, to varying degrees.

Like the Lord Of The Rings movies (which I didn't enjoy too much either), it's a long movie and feels like it, close to 3 hours. The main character bored me most of the time - I didn't feel the actor had the talent to get across the anguish over which side he felt he belonged to for instance. The green/spiritual and black-and-white morality references annoyed me as I'm tired of such simplistic views being offered to me, the movie goer. I honestly felt the story gave nothing new, not one thing, to perhaps wait to see how it developed. Instead, it was completely predictable, lamentably childish and utterly cliché.

Yet, I was happy I went to see it. Because it is a movie that is worth seeing, in the truest sense, at the cinema. In 3D, it is a visual milestone for cinema (and I would imagine IMAX 3D even more so). Just be expecting a gorgeous-looking "Dances With Smurfs" (hat-tip to South Park for that one).

Hank
01-07-2010, 07:33 PM
When I saw this topic has accumulated 4 pages of discussion, I was intrigued to see what many others thought of this landmark film. Instead we have a small group of regular posters, on both sides, turning this into mean-spirited and completely unrelated bickering.

I have no problem with people having strong and deeply held opinions. But too often I click on a OT thread to read a hopefully interesting story, and instead have to wade through pages of bile. Please do not continue to do this; those involved will continue to slowly drive many others away. Stay on topic, abide by the TOS, and, if you must, create a new topic if you wish to argue over such things are the political leanings of movie reviewers. You guys have been around here long enough to know this.

As for the movie, I didn't like it and it bothers me that I am in the minority. Graphics and special effects, which are truly outstanding (practically flawless) in this movie, have never interested me enough versus others. The plot, the dialogue, the character development, the direction; these are the things I love the most. I found this movie to be lacking all of the above, to varying degrees.

Like the Lord Of The Rings movies (which I didn't enjoy too much either), it's a long movie and feels like it, close to 3 hours. The main character bored me most of the time - I didn't feel the actor had the talent to get across the anguish over which side he felt he belonged to for instance. The green/spiritual and black-and-white morality references annoyed me as I'm tired of such simplistic views being offered to me, the movie goer. I honestly felt the story gave nothing new, not one thing, to perhaps wait to see how it developed. Instead, it was completely predictable, lamentably childish and utterly cliché.

Yet, I was happy I went to see it. Because it is a movie that is worth seeing, in the truest sense, at the cinema. In 3D, it is a visual milestone for cinema (and I would imagine IMAX 3D even more so). Just be expecting a gorgeous-looking "Dances With Smurfs" (hat-tip to South Park for that one).

Very close to my thoughts about the film.I thought 46 got it about right with the dances with wolves comparison the story was same old same old but the cinematography in 3d at the imax was an awesome technological breakthrough.:ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
01-07-2010, 10:01 PM
It is ONE THING to have been on the DEFENSE, win the battle and then have the agressors pay the piper, but a completely different situation when the Agressors pillage the land with no compensations.
Did these poor people represent a threat to the ARMY or the COUNTRY sitting on the land that was theirs for thousands of years?
Classic empire building slaughter of innocents who represented only the threat of having what the aggressor wanted and did not have.
Zilly, I have a new word for you, one that you seem to have no knowledge of. It is spelled H-I-S-T-O-R-Y, history. Did the native peoples of North America suffer at the hands of white Europeans and get pushed around? Yes they did. Were they innocent children of nature, the unspoiled Noble Savage? Anything but. With but few exceptions they were a warrior culture. They waged war against enemy tribes with a greater ferocity and brutality than they did against whites. Defeated tribes were either anniliated or forced to uproot and migrate. Captives were routinely tortured to death in the most hideous ways. This intertribal warfare went on since before the coming of whites until the end of the 19th century. This warfare was not defending their homeland, it was for conquest and plunder. For just one example, take the so called Beaver Wars of the 17th century, in which the Iroquois Confederacy waged a half century of almost constant wars of conquest that took their warriors a thousand miles away from their New York state homeland. Whole tribes ceased to exist and others fled hundreds of miles from their oringinal homeland. Every time I hear this sad old cry about how we took a certain chunk of land from such or such tribe, my first reaction is yes, but who did this tribe take it from in the first place, and how many did they kill doing it? History is the story of wars and conquest, and all of our ancestors, at one time or another, have been both conquerors and the conquered.

senortout
01-07-2010, 11:14 PM
ending thread on a kinder, more gentle note!

http://www.maniacworld.com/baby-duck-feed-the-carp.html

senortout

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 03:40 AM
You people are hopeless....

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 03:41 AM
:lol::lol:This was so helpful!

Hank
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
This was so helpful!

Hey, that was funny as hell.Why? Because He actually believes it.

Tom
01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Line by line, tell me specifically what I posted that is not true.
Line by line.

I believe here now is the proper use of the :lol::lol:

bigmack
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey, that was funny as hell.Why? Because He actually believes it.
Educate us all. What was the untrue portion

Clinton - many attacks
Bush - 1 attack
Obama - 2 and counting........tick tock tick tock, the libs are back. The corruptotrats are soft on terror. Vote Blue, it might be you.

bigmack
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Educate us all. What was the untrue portion
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1_8_10_12_28_01.png

Come on, chop chop. We ain't got all day.

Greyfox
01-08-2010, 03:40 PM
http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/ae77ea8456e794241c422f0f882a5e2b20570625_m.jpg.

Valuist
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM

(Biographies of Reagen or Bush do not count :sleeping: )

Wall Street

46zilzal
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Wall Street
That is the one I thought of:

"Greed, ladies and gentlemen, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed works, Greed cuts through and clarifies."

Sounds like the thieves we call as bankers

dav4463
01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
give me John Wayne killing Indians over today's blockbusters any day!

bigmack
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/800-1.jpg

Makes for a nice spread on rice cakes. Nice & light with very little in the way of substance.

BlueShoe
01-08-2010, 10:17 PM
give me John Wayne killing Indians over today's blockbusters any day!
"The Searchers" is one of my favorite all time films. Could mention a poster or two on this thread that must detest it, but will let them chime in on their own.

Hank
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Line by line, tell me specifically what I posted that is not true.
Line by line.

I believe here now is the proper use of the :lol::lol:

In a nut shell, Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Clinton 6.
Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Obama 0.
Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Bush2,976
And you yap about your guys keeping you safe what a joke.Now heres the truth of the matter neither party can stop a determined nut from attacking us.Don't you guys get tired of lapping up the political bullshit you're being fed.I guess not.

bigmack
01-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Obama 0.
Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Bush2,976
And you yap about your guys keeping you safe what a joke.Now heres the truth of the matter neither party can stop a determined nut from attacking us.Don't you guys get tired of lapping up the political bullshit you're being fed.I guess not.
Nice work. That should convince a shoe sized iq.

Your work is yet undone.

Convince us of your laughter of these points without going from pesos to Euros.

Clinton - many attacks
Bush - 1 attack
Obama - 2 and counting........tick tock tick tock, the libs are back. The corruptotrats are soft on terror. Vote Blue, it might be you.

Tom
01-08-2010, 11:50 PM
In a nut shell, Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Clinton 6. You ignore the attacks on US embassies, barracks, the USS Cole....
Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Obama 0. You ignore the Ft Hood shootings.Americans killed by terror attacks on US soil under Bush2,976 Yes, in a plot hatched and developed under Clinton. After that, many proven techniques were put in place to prevent that - and they did, until Barry dismantled them....now we are starting up again.
And you yap about your guys keeping you safe what a joke.Now heres the truth of the matter neither party can stop a determined nut from attacking us.Don't you guys get tired of lapping up the political bullshit you're being fed.I guess not.US guys are the ones who have consistently been taking this shit seriously - YOU guys are the party of NO...NO security.

So take your :lol::lol: back and stick 'em where they'll do the most good.

Greyfox
01-09-2010, 01:20 AM

Not quite true, tell that to the victims of T. McVeigh and others, albeit they weren't attacked by Muslims.:

The Oklahoma City bombing occurred on April 19, 1995 when American militia movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_movement) sympathizer Timothy McVeigh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh), with the assistance of Terry Nichols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Nichols), destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_P._Murrah_Federal_Building) in downtown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Oklahoma_City) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-McVeighBomb33-0) It was the most significant act of terrorism on American soil until the September 11 attacks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks) in 2001, claiming the lives of 168 victims and injuring more than 680.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-LeftLeg-1)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-OSDH-2) The blast destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a sixteen–block radius,[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-FE-3) destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-TI3-4) The bomb was estimated to have caused at least $652 million worth of damage.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-UnderstandingTerror106-5)

Hank
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
So take your :lol::lol: back and stick 'em where they'll do the most good.

The fact that you bring up the FT. Hood attack demonstrates the weakness of your position.But you viewed it a way to score points for your team.If you had thought it through you would not have mentioned Ft Hood.[seemed like a good idea at the time I know]Why?Because It underscores my point that what political party is in power at a given point in time has no real effect on the success or failure of any particular terrorist attack.NO political party prevents a Ft Hood type attack.I feel really sad for poor creatures like you and Mack,can't see the dog and pony show for what it is.

bigmack
01-09-2010, 01:49 AM
what political party is in power at a given point in time has no real effect on the success or failure of any particular terrorist attack.NO political party prevents a Ft Hood type attack.I feel really sad for poor creatures like you and Mack,can't see the dog and pony show for what it is.
Wanna see the value of laughter?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greyfox
01-09-2010, 02:09 AM
The fact that you bring up the FT. Hood attack demonstrates the weakness of your position.\.

Huh? How else could Fort Hood's attack be explained???????

Hank
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Huh? How else could Fort Hood's attack be explained???????

A military member whips out a gun on post and starts shooting,a republican siting in the white house somehow prevents this from occurring?
The using of simplistic anecdotal evidence ie 2 attacks happened on his watch and 1 attack on his so this proves he's tougher on terror is beyond moronic. As is is the "Bush kept us safe" drivel, tell that to the families of the 3000 dead.It also reveals that the people who spout this drivel really have no clue about what the objective of Muslim terror really is.These poor souls are the same type who believe "were fighting them over there, so we don't have to fight em over here"Never grasping the fact that al-qaida's primary objective is to provoke the west to send more troops to them were they have the tactical advantage,this helps them is so many ways, destabilizing the goverments of those countries that the hope to over throw,radicalizing more of the population providing them more recruits ect ect.They have no real interest in fighting over here.

RobinFromIreland
01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I guess my post was completely ignored. Thank you for ruining yet another thread. I'm taking an extended break from this website now. Perhaps I will come back.

PaceAdvantage
01-10-2010, 04:56 AM
I guess my post was completely ignored. Thank you for ruining yet another thread. I'm taking an extended break from this website now. Perhaps I will come back.It wasn't completely ignored...I read it...

It does bother me though that you would take an extended break because of a thread posted on the off-topic section.