PDA

View Full Version : Dodd not running again

Tom
01-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Good news for the country - the SOS must see the writing on the wall.

JustRalph
01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe and Indictment for his little love affair with Countrywide Mortgage?

He goes away, they call off the dogs.............all behind closed doors.

Pell Mell
01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Another slick move to try to get another left wing pig elected:faint:

Tom
01-06-2010, 06:22 PM
The one they are talking to run for the seat.....Beck interviewed him live a while ago and made a monkey out of him. I hope he replays that one soon - it was hilarious. :D

bigmack
01-06-2010, 06:37 PM
In the press confab he said he was going to take some time to take stock of himself. I hope he has a boatload of sick bags, things could get ugly

mostpost
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
The one they are talking to run for the seat.....Beck interviewed him live a while ago and made a monkey out of him. I hope he replays that one soon - it was hilarious. :D
I just watched the video of that interview. Beck did what he always does. He bullied, he talked over, he refused to let Blumenthal answer his questions, he dismissed Blumenthal's answers without providing reasons for those dismissals.
On the other hand, Blumenthal needs to grow some stones. The only way to confront bullies is to stand up to them. Then Beck will slink away like the coward he is.

Tom
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Did you catch the part where he could not tell Beck where he got the authority to do what he wanted to? The guy is a lightweight incompetent.
They guy had no answers.

fast4522
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
When people got raped with their retirement moneys in the markets, who thinks Senator Dodd did not get something. And when he was the enabler and chief thief for the bonuses for those firms, who is here to think he did not get something. His fingerprints are all over a carp they call health care reform, and who thinks he has good reason to get out of dodge without being hung.

bigmack
01-06-2010, 07:03 PM
On the other hand, Blumenthal needs to grow some stones. The only way to confront bullies is to stand up to them.
What interview were you watching? In a 10 minute interview it took him til 8:45 to say it was not against the law. You see it as bullying, I see it as "would you just answer the F-ing question" frustration.

mostpost
01-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Did you catch the part where he could not tell Beck where he got the authority to do what he wanted to? The guy is a lightweight incompetent.
They guy had no answers.
The authority comes from Conn. law, and a deliberate(?) misinterpretation of that law by AIG. AIG claimed that Ct. law required them to pay bonuses they had previously agreed to or be liable for double the amount. But that law refers to pay, not bonuses.
http://www.ct.gov/ag/cwp/view.asp?Q=436550&A=3673
Excerpt:
"AIG was categorically wrong when it claimed that state labor law compelled payment of these outrageous, unconscionable bonuses. A provision in Connecticut law requiring double payment for failure to pay wages does not apply to the AIG bonuses. AIG shamefully used this joke of a justification -- totally lacking legal merit -- to reward financial failure and fiasco.
If that law does not require AIG to pay the bonuses, (which it does not) and if the American taxpayer owns 80% of the company (which we do), then protection of the stockholders demands that the bonus money be returned.

cj's dad
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I just watched the video of that interview. Beck did what he always does. He bullied, he talked over, he refused to let Blumenthal answer his questions, he dismissed Blumenthal's answers without providing reasons for those dismissals.
On the other hand, Blumenthal needs to grow some stones. The only way to confront bullies is to stand up to them. Then Beck will slink away like the coward he is.

You really are to be pitied !!!!!

mostpost
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
You really are to be pitied !!!!!
Once again you add no substance to the discussion.

mostpost
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
What interview were you watching? In a 10 minute interview it took him til 8:45 to say it was not against the law. You see it as bullying, I see it as "would you just answer the F-ing question" frustration.
The question which Beck was asking at the beginning (What is your justification for demanding AIG executives return the bonuses?) is not the question Blumenthal answered at 8:45. Blumenthal had commented that AIG was increasing the bonuses and Beck asked "Is that against the Law?" Blumenthal answered that specific question. Is it against the law to increase bonuses? That is the way lawyers think.
If AIG was a successful business; if the American taxpayers had not spent $170B to bail it out, their right to provide bonuses would have been unchallenged. This and the fact that they used a faulty interpretation of a Ct. law to justify their actions required Blumenthal to take action.

ElKabong
01-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Dodd's going to leave DC with a personalized license plate that reads I.GOT.MINE

I hope he goes to jail someday. Watching him defend letting credit card companies have a year of rape and pillage on people w/ cc debt before the new laws took hold was disturbing to watch. "If we didn't give them a year, the bill wouldn't have passed". TRANSLATION> I stuffed my pockets from cc lobbyists so they could find ways to keep the rape game going and figure new ways to screw the American consumer.

That piece was on Frontline about 3-4 months back. Disgusting piece of shit if there ever was one.

prospector
01-06-2010, 09:41 PM
i was looking forward to him being un-elected...

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Too bad his partner in crime in the mortgage meltdown mess is not also retiring. The little sweetie from the state of Taxachusetts. The one that chairs the House banking committee. Sorry to say, but it looks as if we are stuck with him for awhile longer.

bigmack
01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Too bad his partner in crime in the mortgage meltdown mess is not also retiring.
Is that what they call it? A meltdown mess.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/200-1.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/thc0231b2c.gif