PDA

View Full Version : Repeat winners in cheap races?

lansdale
01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Does anybody have any stats on the % of repeat winners in sub-10k non-maiden races? I'm guessing it's under 15%.

fmolf
01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Does anybody have any stats on the % of repeat winners in sub-10k non-maiden races? I'm guessing it's under 15%.I do not have any i take each horses chances in the race separately and have begun experimenting with drf formulator.With this tool i can see if the hirses and trainers in the race have good repeat stats particular to the race type,distance, surface and age of horse.Can also query jockey stats with this trainer on repeaters very good but very time consuming and confusing at times.
I think you need to narrow the search here...as to age of the horse and is the trainer successful are the most important aspects and maybe how quick is horse being brought back to the races.was last race a lifetime top? an exhausting effort after a 90+ day layoff(possible bounce candidate)lots of variables in this particular statistical search.

misscashalot
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
my average is 18% which is par for the entire population

bisket
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
now i think if you go to three wins or even three comparable efforts you'll see a big difference between cheapies and allowance horses. lots of times cheapies can put 2 races together, but when it gets longer than that is when you'll see a big difference.

Robert Goren
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
The best place to find a string of wins is in starter handicaps. JMO

misscashalot
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
The best place to find a string of wins is in starter handicaps. JMO

NYRA circuit 129/689 .187 Starter Allowance wins coming back off a win
On par with general population

Robert Goren
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Does that include those nw of 2R who won a md claimer. Those are not the kind of races I meant. The ones I mean are those older horse races who started at bottom or near bottom claimer in last year or so. It seems that those have a lot of repeat winner, but i could be wrong.

Pell Mell
01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
There are several types I like and they win more than their fair share, at least they use to.

1- Repeaters coming up to their 3rd race after a layoff.

2- Jumped in class last time and jumping again but none that have won 3 in a row.
3- Won last on dirt and jumping up on turf if they have run on turf in distant past. Some huge prices can be had.

4- Switched to top jock for the win and same jock rides it back.

lansdale
01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
my average is 18% which is par for the entire population

Hi Miss C.,

Thanks for the heads-up. Just to clarify, by 'entire population' I'm assuming you mean all horses under 10k in the category I mentioned.

Cheers,

lansdale

misscashalot
01-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi Miss C.,

Thanks for the heads-up. Just to clarify, by 'entire population' I'm assuming you mean all horses under 10k in the category I mentioned.

Cheers,

lansdale
Entire pop = all classes from lowest clm to GI

lansdale
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Entire pop = all classes from lowest clm to GI

Miss C.,

If this is true, is it likely that I'm right in believing that the cheapest horses repeat even less frequently than average?

lansdale