PDA

View Full Version : The Saints Slide

strapper
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
It is demoralizing to Saints fan to see them finish off the season in such a way after piling up win after win after win. Can the injuries be the reason or is it more than that? Granted, Drew Brees would've had the game closer in Carolina but they still would've probably lost. Still hoping they can regroup somehow and get it together for the first playoff game and make it to the big one.

boomman
01-05-2010, 01:57 PM
It is demoralizing to Saints fan to see them finish off the season in such a way after piling up win after win after win. Can the injuries be the reason or is it more than that? Granted, Drew Brees would've had the game closer in Carolina but they still would've probably lost. Still hoping they can regroup somehow and get it together for the first playoff game and make it to the big one.

You should be very proud of your Saints because they OVERACHIEVED to even win as many games in a row as they did. Unfortunately, they're just not that great a team, because even though I'm a long suffering KC Chiefs fan (but ecstatic that we knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs:) ) I like the Saints and that would have been a nice story. The fact that they're @ home will help, but I doubt it will be enough as I just can't see them beating the Cowboys, and they're probably a coin flip to beat Philly, Az, Green Bay or Minnesota. That secondary of the Saints (even with Sharper) just isn't good enough.......

Boomer

Hank
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
You should be very proud of your Saints because they OVERACHIEVED to even win as many games in a row as they did. Unfortunately, they're just not that great a team, because even though I'm a long suffering KC Chiefs fan (but ecstatic that we knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs:) ) I like the Saints and that would have been a nice story. The fact that they're @ home will help, but I doubt it will be enough as I just can't see them beating the Cowboys, and they're probably a coin flip to beat Philly, Az, Green Bay or Minnesota. That secondary of the Saints (even with Sharper) just isn't good enough.......

Boomer

Actually the back end "when healthy" is the strenght of the defense.Its the front 7 that is deficient.The outside linebackers are backup quality at best as are right tackle and end up front the left tackle is a good player but is playing on one leg with a bad knee,leaving Smith and Vilma as the only 2 quality players among the front 7.:(

newtothegame
01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Being here, and seeing this team on a regular basis, I have a few things to add.
Has this team over-achieved this year? I could make a pretty compelling arguement that they havent.
Two of the last three years, the saints have been at the top of the league in offense. With that being said, most teams are forced to play catch up. This initself makes alot of teams one dimensional. If you look at the first eight games this year, you will find that the saints jumped out to comfortable leads. This caused opponents to get out of game plans and attempt to do things that they might not necessarily been comfortable with. This usually led to the defense making a big play. I doubt seriously (take the eagles game for example) that kolb and Andy Reid wanted to throw for almost four hundred yards in that game. IE...turnovers.
This tended to happen alot through the early parts of the year. As the year progressed, offensive slip ups, reduced scoring, exposed weaknesses (defense). Primarily in the secondary. When teams could come in and run they way they wanted to, the Saints began to show glaring holes. Add in the injuries on the back end, and well it adds up to the last five games being poor outing (with three of them being losses).
DE play (Grant) has been mediocre at best. With sedrick Ellis out for about half of the year, it exposed weaknesses against the run. The outside LB's (although fighters) are average. This left Vilma to attempt to cover sideline to sideline.
Hopefully, with rest and a few players returning, the defense will play up to par. Not outstanding, but up to par.
The Dome is a very LOUD place for opposing teams to play. Payton will have this team ready. Offensively, they will attempt to jump all over the EAGLES on the 16th. Yes, I think Phila beats Dallas. Phila's secondary isnt what it used to be without Dawkins. Their running game is average at best with the injuries they have sustained. Phila looks and thrives on Big plays. With Sharper roaming center field, I look for the Saints to keep Phila between the 20's and blitz OFTEN.
Saints 42 Phila 17.

boomman
01-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Being here, and seeing this team on a regular basis, I have a few things to add.
Has this team over-achieved this year? I could make a pretty compelling arguement that they havent.
Two of the last three years, the saints have been at the top of the league in offense. With that being said, most teams are forced to play catch up. This initself makes alot of teams one dimensional. If you look at the first eight games this year, you will find that the saints jumped out to comfortable leads. This caused opponents to get out of game plans and attempt to do things that they might not necessarily been comfortable with. This usually led to the defense making a big play. I doubt seriously (take the eagles game for example) that kolb and Andy Reid wanted to throw for almost four hundred yards in that game. IE...turnovers.
This tended to happen alot through the early parts of the year. As the year progressed, offensive slip ups, reduced scoring, exposed weaknesses (defense). Primarily in the secondary. When teams could come in and run they way they wanted to, the Saints began to show glaring holes. Add in the injuries on the back end, and well it adds up to the last five games being poor outing (with three of them being losses).
DE play (Grant) has been mediocre at best. With sedrick Ellis out for about half of the year, it exposed weaknesses against the run. The outside LB's (although fighters) are average. This left Vilma to attempt to cover sideline to sideline.
Hopefully, with rest and a few players returning, the defense will play up to par. Not outstanding, but up to par.
The Dome is a very LOUD place for opposing teams to play. Payton will have this team ready. Offensively, they will attempt to jump all over the EAGLES on the 16th. Yes, I think Phila beats Dallas. Phila's secondary isnt what it used to be without Dawkins. Their running game is average at best with the injuries they have sustained. Phila looks and thrives on Big plays. With Sharper roaming center field, I look for the Saints to keep Phila between the 20's and blitz OFTEN.
Saints 42 Phila 17.

Right now Dallas is the best team in the NFC. I don't buy into that "you can't beat a team 3x in a season" crap, and although I do think Philly will @ least be in the game this x, IMHO it's unlikely they're going to beat Dallas, so good luck with that projection;) By the way do you think the Saints will beat Dallas? Stranger things have happened, but I doubt it.............

Boomer

newtothegame
01-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Right now Dallas is the best team in the NFC. I don't buy into that "you can't beat a team 3x in a season" crap, and although I do think Philly will @ least be in the game this x, IMHO it's unlikely they're going to beat Dallas, so good luck with that projection;) By the way do you think the Saints will beat Dallas? Stranger things have happened, but I doubt it.............

Boomer

When the saints have struggled this year imho ( started with washington), it has been against very physical, big defensive lines. Albert Haynesworth caused fits in the Saints backfield. Big pass rushing teams have been sort of an achiles heal for the Saints. But I also think that you live and die with the blitz. So its teams that can apply pressure without blitzing that will give the Saints the most problems. IF (and thats a big IF), Dallas were to make it to the NFC championship, sure I think the Saints beat them.
For a couple of reasons....
First and foremost, Dallas would have to travel twice and win at home once to make it. Thats alot to ask of any team. Yes, I know all about Pitt going on the road as a wild card and winning it all. But, that doesnt occur everyday.

Secondly, Dallas' secondary will be forced to cover alot of man to man against the saints offfense. Again, thats asking alot of any team. The reason I feel they will have to play man to man is they can not afford to give brees time. Therefore, they will have to bring blitzes. Blitz packages against the saints usually leaves the middle of the field open (lets not forget that Shockey) will be healthy. The saints have adjusted during the games this year probably better then any team I have watched. They will have two weeks to prepare for whoever. I would image the Saints using a RB to help chip block the big pass rushing DE or LB's. Brees has a very quick release and is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL. Look for alot of WR screens, draws, and quick slants. Pass rush nuetralized. Dallas does not have the weaponry to come back from deficits. The play a ball control, control the clock with the run offense. As I stated above, you take that option away and well it become Romo to Austin game only. A one dimensional team is very easy to beat.

Thirdly, I still doubt seriously Dallas can get there. Are they playing well at the moment? Yes, without a doubt. But confidence is a double edge sword. Not too mention the cowboys have shown a knack for crumbling under pressure. Now you could make a similiar arguement about the saints not having been there and the pressure that the big games bring. But if you watch this team consistently, there is NO panic. Its very business like. Remember, this team was given NO shot before the season. If I remember correctly, some people had them dead last in the division. Even now, as a number 1 seed, people are writing them off based on the last three weeks.
Even now, I hear words like "over achieve". Over achieve is a word that should of been used when the saints didnt finish last. 13-0 is not an over achieving team. Thats a team that is a winning ball club.This team recently went to the NFC championship. Last year was a year plagued with injury but still a top 5 offense in which Brees almost broke marino's record for passing yards. Offensively, there isnt another team that can match up in my opinion.
The Saints have only been a few players on defense away from big things. Seems the pieces are falling in place little by little.
This team DOMINATED for the first 8 weeks. You could make an arguement that with the exception of the Washington game, they havent truly been beaten. Yes, they got lucky in washington. But every team that gets to the big dance needs a break or two somewhere during the season. But outside of washington, the saints havent been truly beaten this year. Tampa, saints held a 17-0 lead and kind of went flat. Missed a field goal late that would of won it, allowed a punt return for a TD and still only lost by an OT FG. This was a game that they did EVERYTHING wrong and still was in it till the final kick.
Dallas...another game in which everything that could go wrong did. And still had a chance to drive in the final minute to tie. Dallas brought their best game and still couldnt put N.O away. If I were a Dallas fan, I would NOT want to have to come back and play in new orleans knowing I threw everything I had and still barely hung on for the win against an "over achieving" team.
Carolina...well all I can say is the saints surrendered that game without actually waving a white flag. Starting backup QB, RB and a few WR says alot. Along with the injuries and Defensive back ups, the saints still played better then I expected. Carolina was one of the hottest teams in the NFL (coming off of huge wins against MINN and the Giants in previous weeks). Now granted Steve Smith was out with a broken arm but, I still expected it to be a very lackluster showing by the Saints.
Now I know I got long winded...but YES, if Dallas gets there, I expect the saints to win convincingly. Right now though, Dallas needs to worry about Philly ;)

DanG
01-06-2010, 05:44 AM
The Saints are a victim of length of schedule imo. They reached playoff intensity virtually in training camp and are having trouble maintaining that edge / health.

As John Lynch said in pre-season; he has never witnessed more physical training camps then this year and it’s proven to wear some teams down and vice a versa.

If and when the league goes to a cruel 18 game schedule you will need two entire squads to survive without body bags. :eek:

Injured reserve for 2009…(this holds true most years btw)

Of the 10 teams who had at least 12 players on injured reserve only the Saints are making the playoffs. (with 14)

headhawg
01-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Right now Dallas is the best team in the NFC.They are easily the most overrated team in the NFC and have been all year. Their only winning game of note in the last seven weeks was their win at NO. They lost to SD at home and the Giants the week before that. And they won't beat the Eagles on Saturday.

lamboguy
01-06-2010, 09:03 AM
it doesn't matter how good or bad the saints are, i think they are pretty good along with the cardinals, and maybe the eagles and cowboys. but when you match them up to the colts, chargers or patriots, there is nothing there to suggest that any NFC team can win the superbowl at this juncture of time.

strapper
01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I do think the schedule in the NFL is about 2 games too long!

The Saints are a victim of length of schedule imo. They reached playoff intensity virtually in training camp and are having trouble maintaining that edge / health.

As John Lynch said in pre-season; he has never witnessed more physical training camps then this year and it’s proven to wear some teams down and vice a versa.

If and when the league goes to a cruel 18 game schedule you will need two entire squads to survive without body bags. :eek:

Injured reserve for 2009…(this holds true most years btw)

Of the 10 teams who had at least 12 players on injured reserve only the Saints are making the playoffs. (with 14)

boomman
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
They are easily the most overrated team in the NFC and have been all year. Their only winning game of note in the last seven weeks was their win at NO. They lost to SD at home and the Giants the week before that. And they won't beat the Eagles on Saturday.

Their win over Philly to win the East wasn't a "game of note"? Yea right.:lol: Only thing I agree with you on is that they are USUALLY overrated, but I don't think they are this year. That defense is playing for REAL, and if you're so sure they're going to lose to Philly, let's have Mike hold the dough and we'll bet straight up!!!;)

Boomer

boomman
01-06-2010, 11:49 AM
When the saints have struggled this year imho ( started with washington), it has been against very physical, big defensive lines. Albert Haynesworth caused fits in the Saints backfield. Big pass rushing teams have been sort of an achiles heal for the Saints. But I also think that you live and die with the blitz. So its teams that can apply pressure without blitzing that will give the Saints the most problems. IF (and thats a big IF), Dallas were to make it to the NFC championship, sure I think the Saints beat them.
For a couple of reasons....
First and foremost, Dallas would have to travel twice and win at home once to make it. Thats alot to ask of any team. Yes, I know all about Pitt going on the road as a wild card and winning it all. But, that doesnt occur everyday.

Secondly, Dallas' secondary will be forced to cover alot of man to man against the saints offfense. Again, thats asking alot of any team. The reason I feel they will have to play man to man is they can not afford to give brees time. Therefore, they will have to bring blitzes. Blitz packages against the saints usually leaves the middle of the field open (lets not forget that Shockey) will be healthy. The saints have adjusted during the games this year probably better then any team I have watched. They will have two weeks to prepare for whoever. I would image the Saints using a RB to help chip block the big pass rushing DE or LB's. Brees has a very quick release and is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL. Look for alot of WR screens, draws, and quick slants. Pass rush nuetralized. Dallas does not have the weaponry to come back from deficits. The play a ball control, control the clock with the run offense. As I stated above, you take that option away and well it become Romo to Austin game only. A one dimensional team is very easy to beat.

Thirdly, I still doubt seriously Dallas can get there. Are they playing well at the moment? Yes, without a doubt. But confidence is a double edge sword. Not too mention the cowboys have shown a knack for crumbling under pressure. Now you could make a similiar arguement about the saints not having been there and the pressure that the big games bring. But if you watch this team consistently, there is NO panic. Its very business like. Remember, this team was given NO shot before the season. If I remember correctly, some people had them dead last in the division. Even now, as a number 1 seed, people are writing them off based on the last three weeks.
Even now, I hear words like "over achieve". Over achieve is a word that should of been used when the saints didnt finish last. 13-0 is not an over achieving team. Thats a team that is a winning ball club.This team recently went to the NFC championship. Last year was a year plagued with injury but still a top 5 offense in which Brees almost broke marino's record for passing yards. Offensively, there isnt another team that can match up in my opinion.
The Saints have only been a few players on defense away from big things. Seems the pieces are falling in place little by little.
This team DOMINATED for the first 8 weeks. You could make an arguement that with the exception of the Washington game, they havent truly been beaten. Yes, they got lucky in washington. But every team that gets to the big dance needs a break or two somewhere during the season. But outside of washington, the saints havent been truly beaten this year. Tampa, saints held a 17-0 lead and kind of went flat. Missed a field goal late that would of won it, allowed a punt return for a TD and still only lost by an OT FG. This was a game that they did EVERYTHING wrong and still was in it till the final kick.
Dallas...another game in which everything that could go wrong did. And still had a chance to drive in the final minute to tie. Dallas brought their best game and still couldnt put N.O away. If I were a Dallas fan, I would NOT want to have to come back and play in new orleans knowing I threw everything I had and still barely hung on for the win against an "over achieving" team.
Carolina...well all I can say is the saints surrendered that game without actually waving a white flag. Starting backup QB, RB and a few WR says alot. Along with the injuries and Defensive back ups, the saints still played better then I expected. Carolina was one of the hottest teams in the NFL (coming off of huge wins against MINN and the Giants in previous weeks). Now granted Steve Smith was out with a broken arm but, I still expected it to be a very lackluster showing by the Saints.
Now I know I got long winded...but YES, if Dallas gets there, I expect the saints to win convincingly. Right now though, Dallas needs to worry about Philly ;)

You obviously know your football and I compliment you on a nice analysis/write-up. But I do feel New Orleans has overachieved because in my view they are about a 10 win team that has won a lot of games despite a mediocre defense, because they are well coached and make solid adjustments when things aren't working. I also agree that they have a HUGE home field advantage and winning on the road is tough in the play-offs, but I don't think they're going to be able to turn it back on and play at the level that they did earlier in the season. And of course, I'm not even talking about the Carolina game as that was for all intent and purposes an "exhibition" style game with the Saints resting Brees........(the right move obviously)

Boomer

Robert Fischer
01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
the saints have the ability w/ their passing attack to to make the NFL field look much smaller, like an arena league field.
Their offense fits well with the rule adjustments in the NFL that have been altered to favor offense. This can be seen by observation or by looking at the progression of stats in the last 20 years.

look at some of the modern records falling, and you can't really compare guys or teams head-to-head across eras.

As a football team ideally you would peak in January, and you don't always want to show your full arsenal before than, but the Saints remain dangerous nonetheless. THey are always a danger to score early and dictate the style of game, which could be particularly damaging to the few teams left in the NFL who still need balanced offense themselves, should those matchups occur in the playoffs.

Eagles should appreciate a wide open game. Going for philly this time.

Robert Fischer
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM

:ThmbUp:

newtothegame
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
it doesn't matter how good or bad the saints are, i think they are pretty good along with the cardinals, and maybe the eagles and cowboys. but when you match them up to the colts, chargers or patriots, there is nothing there to suggest that any NFC team can win the superbowl at this juncture of time.

Sorry Lamb....Have to disagree here with ya...
The Pats???? That is a former shell of a once dominant team? The Saints HUMILIATED them on a national stage. Actually made Belechick pull Brady and starters from the game. So when you suggest they dont match up well....sorry but that arguement doesnt fly much.
The Colts are a very talented team as well offensively. But they in alot of ways mirror the saints. Their defense is very suspect at best. Without Sanders back there roaming around, it is a very average defense who can easily be scored against. Their advantage is much like the Saints. They force you out of your game plan by jumping out to early leads forcing teams to play catch up.
Now for the Chargers, I can't argue much. Over the last ten weeks, they have been the hottest team in football. With LT running now like his old self, sprinkling in doses of quick and shifty sproles, and one of the better wide outs in the league in Jackson, a healthy and very dangerous gates....anymore need to be said? Rivers is playing as well as any QB in the league. I pick them to represent the AFC in Miami. But, to think the NFC can't win would be a huge mistake. Will the AFC be a SLIGHT favorite?? Maybe two or three points depending on who respresents the NFC. But it will by no means be one sided.
Personally, I would love to see Brees against his former team San Diego. Wouldnt that make great headlines ;)

headhawg
01-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Their win over Philly to win the East wasn't a "game of note"? Yea right.:lol: Only thing I agree with you on is that they are USUALLY overrated, but I don't think they are this year. That defense is playing for REAL, and if you're so sure they're going to lose to Philly, let's have Mike hold the dough and we'll bet straight up!!!;)

BoomerI don't need your money that badly and I'm not stupid enough to not take the points. And why is the spread only 4 if the 'Boys are so good? They just shut out the same team and won by 24. Think about that before you start touting Dallas.

boomman
01-07-2010, 01:14 AM
I don't need your money that badly and I'm not stupid enough to not take the points. And why is the spread only 4 if the 'Boys are so good? They just shut out the same team and won by 24. Think about that before you start touting Dallas.

I'm not touting anyone, but if I am to understand you right, you like Philly because there's some kind of conspiracy theory on why is the number only 4 after they were shut out? GENIUS!! I made the comment that the Dallas "D" is for REAL, and you come back with Philly will definitely beat them. ANY comment I make on who I like will be backed by a bet should that person chose to take it. And as for the line being 4? There are plenty of Philly bettors out there to keep the number down this week. They had better damn sure hope they play a hell of a lot better than they did last week, or the result could be very similar!;)

Boomer

newtothegame
01-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I am kind of thinking Philly will be hard pressed this week. Can they win? Sure! But, games are not decided by "Can". Dallas is one of the most emotionally driven teams I have seen this year not named Cincy lol. Dallas' defense has played their butts off the last four to five weeks. Their pass rush has gone from non existent at the beginning of the year to DOMINANT in the past four or so weeks. Ware is a game changer. I would go so far to say that he single handedly won the new orleans game in the final minute.
The secondary, although much maligned has played much better the second half of the year. But again, this I believe is a result of the pass rush. The dallas defesive line has done their job and them some. Ware leads an under-rated LB core in my opinion. He is a beast to account for.
Philly has an average at best secondary that has a tendacy to give up big plays. The loss of dawkins hurt more then this team is willing to say. He was the leader. Austin and witten will find many many holes. Phiily will be forced to blitz romo regularly.
On offense, philly relies on BIG plays. Jackson at wideout might be one of the fastest guys in the nfl. Mcnabb is a big strong QB. He has the ability to break tackles and buy time. But, his knees do not allow him to run as he used to once. Big plays take time to develop. As of late, the cowboys havent been giving much time to any opposing qb. McNabb when hurried, will put the ball up for grabs.
Philly's running game is a former shell of its once dominant self. Westbrook will be a big key to how this game goes. If he comes out and shows no ill affects of the previous TWO concussions, he can cause alot of trouble to over pursuing defenses (of which dallas is). Screens and draws are dallas' achiles heal. When healthy, philly runs them as well as anyone. But, the question remains, which westbrook do we see? I think two concussions, and his PUBLICLY stated health concerns, have him a little reluctant.
Dallas 24 Philly 20

headhawg
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Right now Dallas is the best team in the NFC.I'm not touting anyone, but if I am to understand you right, you like Philly because there's some kind of conspiracy theory on why is the number only 4 after they were shut out? GENIUS!! I made the comment that the Dallas "D" is for REAL, and you come back with Philly will definitely beat them. ANY comment I make on who I like will be backed by a bet should that person chose to take it. Their win over Philly to win the East wasn't a "game of note"? Yea right
I made a comment about your best team statement which is just...well...wrong imo. And when Dallas was 8-3 I commented that they were the worst 8-3 team that I had ever seen. They were all out to beat the that "powerhouse" Redskins team 7-6. And conspiracy theory are your words, not mine. I would have expected the line to be 6-6.5, maybe even a bit higher. I like Philly because I think the Cowboys are overrated, simple as that. And I do have money on the Eagles; I don't need to make a bet with you.

ElKabong
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm no nfl expert by any stretch, but did anyone check out McNab's lack of interest on the sideline? I'm not being facetious, he just looked like someone who thought <<"if we win, we play these guys next week. If we lose, we play these guys next week. Why bother with today?"

My guess is the Iggles bring their game with them this week. I still give the cowdogs a chance, their self image and confidence was pretty high going in last week & is higher today. S/b a close game worth watching & it's hard to get me to watch 60 minutes of an nfl game before the Conference finals.

Hank
01-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm no nfl expert by any stretch , but did anyone check out McNab's lack of interest on the sideline? I'm not being facetious, he just looked like someone who thought << "if we win, we play these guys next week. If we lose, we play these guys next week. Why bother with today?"

My guess is the Iggles bring their game with them this week. I still give the cowdogs a chance, their self image and confidence was pretty high going in last week & is higher today. S/b a close game worth watching & it's hard to get me to watch 60 minutes of an nfl game before the Conference finals.

True that:D! The eagles would not have played the cowboys the following week if they won the game.They would have been the 2 seed and had a bye.

newtothegame
01-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm no nfl expert by any stretch, but did anyone check out McNab's lack of interest on the sideline? I'm not being facetious, he just looked like someone who thought <<"if we win, we play these guys next week. If we lose, we play these guys next week. Why bother with today?"

Wow, I could of swore that look on McNabbs face was " we are getting the chit kicked out of us and there goes the #2 seed ...ughhhhh "

boomman
01-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Wow, I could of swore that look on McNabbs face was " we are getting the chit kicked out of us and there goes the #2 seed ...ughhhhh "

Well guess what? We just saw that look again! $$$$;)

Boomer

newtothegame
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Well guess what? We just saw that look again! $$$$;)

Boomer

Yeah...and as I posted earlier, I thought westbrook would be a key. He was non existent. And so were the eagles. Take away the one big play by Vick, and this game was as bad if not worse then the previous week. Philly needs the big plays...without them, less then average team. Congrats to dallas.....
Alot more difficult task for them this upcoming week though. Minnesota actually has RUNNING GAME which wears down opposing defenses. They toss alot of slants. Favre loves going to his TE. Minnesota's defense will be biting at the bit. Romo will not have the kind of time he had against Dallas. But, I still think Dallas keeps this close be virtue of a much improved defense over the last several weeks.
Minnesota 24 dallas 17

ElKabong
01-11-2010, 12:39 AM
not following the nfl much until the bowls are over...., are the Iggles done? Or better put, is McNab done? Phiwwy recently drafted a couple of threats in jackson and Maclin, even w/o Westbrook they should be very potent on offense. But they were awaful the past 2 weeks.

boomman
01-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah...and as I posted earlier, I thought westbrook would be a key. He was non existent. And so were the eagles. Take away the one big play by Vick, and this game was as bad if not worse then the previous week. Philly needs the big plays...without them, less then average team. Congrats to dallas.....
Alot more difficult task for them this upcoming week though. Minnesota actually has RUNNING GAME which wears down opposing defenses. They toss alot of slants. Favre loves going to his TE. Minnesota's defense will be biting at the bit. Romo will not have the kind of time he had against Dallas. But, I still think Dallas keeps this close be virtue of a much improved defense over the last several weeks.
Minnesota 24 dallas 17

I agree that Dallas has a much tougher task this week on a lot of levels, and certainly beating the Minnesota Vikings at home is NEVER easy. But Minnesota has been very vulnerable to the pass, (especially of late) so if Dallas continues to play well on defense, and doesn't give the Vikes a short field via stupid turnovers, they should be fine;)

Boomer

newtothegame
01-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I agree that Dallas has a much tougher task this week on a lot of levels, and certainly beating the Minnesota Vikings at home is NEVER easy. But Minnesota has been very vulnerable to the pass, (especially of late) so if Dallas continues to play well on defense, and doesn't give the Vikes a short field via stupid turnovers, they should be fine;)

Boomer

The loss of EJ Henderson (MLB) for the vikes was huge. Since that time, they have not been good on alot of aspects. Run or pass,,,,
Although favre has come up huge in big games...I still expect the cowboy pass rush to be too much for the vikes Oline to handle...
Dallas in a close one...24-20

strapper
01-12-2010, 09:59 AM
McNab is way overrated to me.

skate
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
How about an update on the injury list for N.O., off/def lines.

I'm not sure about mcnabb, but if you get one or two offensive linemen out, it gets tough.

boomman
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
How about an update on the injury list for N.O., off/def lines.

I'm not sure about mcnabb, but if you get one or two offensive linemen out, it gets tough.

They are a "walking wounded" for sure, (see below) but the week off had to have helped them @ least a little. IMHO, this game will come down to turnovers (yeah I know you could say that about nearly EVERY NFL game) but these 2 teams are near identical on paper, so the team making the LEAST amount of mistakes probably wins the game. I do not however, see either one of these teams beating the winner of Minnesota/Dallas..........;) Boomer

New Orleans Saints ATS*O/U*Player Status/Updated 1-12-10
Scott Shanle (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player1339.html) LBProb Sat - Concussion - 01/03/10notesShanle is probable for Saturday's game against the Cardinals due to a concussion. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 2)Lance Moore (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player3003.html) WRProb Sat - Ankle - 01/03/10notesMoore is probable for Saturday's game against the Cardinals due to an ankle injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)3)Pierre Thomas (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player4174.html) RBProb Sat - Ribs - 01/03/10notesThomas is probable for Saturday's game against the Cardinals due to a rib injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 4)Usama Young (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player2234.html) DBQues Sat - Hip - 01/03/10notesYoung is probable for Saturday's game against the Cardinals due to a hip injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 5)Darren Sharper (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player1059.html) SQues Sat - Knee - 01/03/10notesSharper is questionable for Saturday's game against the Cardinals due to a knee injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 6)David Thomas (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player14283.html) TEQues Sat - Calf - 01/03/10notesThomas is questionable for Saturday's game against the Cardinals due to a calf injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 7)Charles Grant (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player1504.html) DEI-R - Tricep - 01/05/10notesGrant has been placed on the injured reserve list due to an injury to his tricep. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 8) Marcus Mailei (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player24162.html) FBI-R - Undisclosed - 12/22/09notesMailei has been placed on the injured reserve list due to an undisclosed injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 9)Jolonn Dunbar (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player11998.html) LBI-R - Hamstring - 12/09/09notesDunbar has been placed on the injured reserve list because of a hamstring injury that occurred in Sunday's game. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 10)Leigh Torrence (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player4886.html) CBI-R - Shoulder - 11/28/09notesTorrence has been placed on the injured reserve list due to a separated shoulder. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 11)Kendrick Clancy (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player511.html) DLI-R - Knee - 11/07/09notesClancy has been placed on the injured reserve with a knee injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)12)Heath Evans (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player1580.html) FBI-R - Knee - 10/29/09notesEvans has been placed on the injured reserve list after undergoing season-ending surgery on his injured right knee. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 2-72-73-63-6Rod Harper (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player39687.html) WRI-R - Foot - 10/17/09notesHarper has been placed on the injured reserve after suffering a stress fracture in his left foot. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 2-52-52-52-5Chip Vaughn (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player12895.html) SI-R - Knee - 09/30/09notesVaughn underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee and was placed on the injured reserve list. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 8-88-87-97-9Jammal Brown (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player4881.html) TI-R - Hip - 09/30/09notesBrown has been placed on the injured reserve list after undergoing hip surgery. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 8-88-87-97-9Olaniyi Sobomehin (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player14912.html) RBI-R - Undisclosed - 09/07/09notesSobomehin has been placed on the injured reserve for undisclosed reasons. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 8-88-87-97-9Billy Miller (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player626.html) TEI-R - Leg - 09/04/09notesAn MRI taken on Friday determined that Miller tore his right achilles tendon and the injury will require season ending surgery. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 8-88-87-97-9Reggie Jones (POR) (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player39691.html) DBI-R - Undisclosed - 08/19/09notesJones has been placed on the injured reserve list with an undisclosed injury. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) 8-88-87-97-9Mark Simoneau (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player1759.html) LBI-R - Tricep - 08/16/09notesSimoneau has been placed on injured reserve with a torn triceps muscle, ending his season. (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)