PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires TV

netbet
01-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi all,

I am sure this has been discussed before but could not find the thread(s).

I am watching the Fair Grounds races on Twinspires TV this afternoon...man what great video they have...nice information too....and Jessica P. looks great as always! TVG or HRTV needs to get her in studio ;)

Netbet

andymays
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Twinspires TV is outstanding! :ThmbUp:

JimG
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I agree the picture is very good. Only negative for me, is it takes alot of my system resources to run. Lately, I have been using a dedicated computer just for it. This is likely a function of the fact my computers are over 4 years old.

Jim

Space Monkey
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Twinspires TV is outstanding!

I've been singing their praises for some time now. I have an Xpressbet account and they have a new Pro version and also offer free deposits. I tried it out and I find it hard to navigate. Its just not very good in my opinion. You have to hit "save" to save your bet and then when i tried to look up my bet history nothing was there. I don't like the click and drag thing either. Video wouldn't play. I'm sure some of these problems are on me, but I haven't had ANY problems using Twin Spires. Its rare nowadays that 1 service can fulfill all your needs, without any glitches, but Twin Spires does it for me. :ThmbUp:

rrbauer
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I've been singing their praises for some time now. I have an Xpressbet account and they have a new Pro version and also offer free deposits. I tried it out and I find it hard to navigate. Its just not very good in my opinion. You have to hit "save" to save your bet and then when i tried to look up my bet history nothing was there. I don't like the click and drag thing either. Video wouldn't play. I'm sure some of these problems are on me, but I haven't had ANY problems using Twin Spires. Its rare nowadays that 1 service can fulfill all your needs, without any glitches, but Twin Spires does it for me. :ThmbUp:

I especially like the feature that lets you see your account balance at all times without having to chase a separate function to see it. Also, allowing you to keep the residual selections from pick bets to make it easier to put in multiple bets for a single pick-play. Beats having to go back and click every horse for every race when you're only changing one or two from the previous bet. And, the ability to "dutch" win bets, exacta bets and double bets and have them meet a predetermined ROI % before they're submitted is really cool. You can tell that having development teams in both Lexington and in Mountain View is bringing a superior product to their customers.

schweitz
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Fair Grounds is especially good as they are broadcasting in HD.

Ian Meyers
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
And, the ability to "dutch" win bets, exacta bets and double bets and have them meet a predetermined ROI % before they're submitted is really cool. You can tell that having development teams in both Lexington and in Mountain View is bringing a superior product to their customers.

Richard:

Did they add dutching? I didn't see it on the Twinspires site?

CBedo
01-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Richard:

Did they add dutching? I didn't see it on the Twinspires site?Don't know about the dutching, but they are in beta for conditional wagering using a file upload feature.

CBedo
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
I agree the picture is very good. Only negative for me, is it takes alot of my system resources to run. Lately, I have been using a dedicated computer just for it. This is likely a function of the fact my computers are over 4 years old.

JimIt takes over my Firefox and locks it up at some pont each time I run it. I get around that by running it in IE (a browser I don't use for anything else).

CincyHorseplayer
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
The Fair Grounds video is especially good because it's in HD this season.

I guess I just got lucky because the first ADW account I opened up was Twinspires.I think it's great for all the reasons mentioned above.Plus they accept wagers to all the tracks I follow.

rrbauer
01-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Richard:

Did they add dutching? I didn't see it on the Twinspires site?

My comments were "tongue in cheek". People lauding the TS website either don't know about what's available in the marketplace; or, they aren't very concerned with making money from their bets.

Ian Meyers
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
That's what I thought but since I hadn't used the TS site in awhile I thought I check it out.

There is absolutely a ton of technology stuff that needs to be introduced into the ADW marketplace. I've got virtually a notebook full of software ideas I never got to implement that go way beyond conditional wagering.

plainolebill
01-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I've got a Twinspires account but I haven't used it for awhile because the betting interface is so clunky. Have they upgraded it?

netbet
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I find the betting interface very easy to use. I also have an Xpressbet account but use TS for all of my wagering since I can get free Brisnet PP's for the tracks I wager on.

I've got a Twinspires account but I haven't used it for awhile because the betting interface is so clunky. Have they upgraded it?

plainolebill
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Youbet's not perfect but the interface is lightyears ahead of TS.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I find the betting interface very easy to use. I also have an Xpressbet account but use TS for all of my wagering since I can get free Brisnet PP's for the tracks I wager on.
Free pps are great, I guess it depends on your level of play. If it around $1200 a month and you use past performances from many tracks each day, then you've made a good case for free pps over rewards. If your play is higher than that, or your pp use isn't that great, it is another story.

Space Monkey
01-05-2010, 07:15 PM
My comments were "tongue in cheek". People lauding the TS website either don't know about what's available in the marketplace; or, they aren't very concerned with making money from their bets.

Richard, I make money from my bets by picking fast horses and betting wisely. I don't play enough to qualify for rebate sites. I've looked into them. I'm very happy being not charged for my deposits, free video replays, getting my pp's for free and playing low takeout tracks.

Space Monkey
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Yes they have Bill. Click on live video and it will load the new feature.

rokitman
01-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Any ADW out there doing parlays?

rrbauer
01-06-2010, 08:39 AM
... I don't play enough to qualify for rebate sites. I've looked into them. I'm very happy being not charged for my deposits, free video replays, getting my pp's for free and playing low takeout tracks.

Being in Florida might be an issue with some ADW's (because of what they had to agree to in order to get certain signals). Other stuff is all good and if you bet enuf (assuming TS acct-$200 mo) you get a 20% discount on all BRIS purchases.

Space Monkey
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Yes, I did forget to mention that i do pay .80 for single data files. After years of frustration dealing with ADW's in so may areas, track availability being the biggest, I'm very happy with the current situation.

Space Monkey
01-06-2010, 06:47 PM
I forgot to mention Bill that after clicking on live video, click on the twinspires tv logo at the top of the next page.

BUD
01-06-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm Confused-That Ain't tough-

So , Does Mr Bauer think The Spire is good?

Damn From Detective to Dunce--

IS The spires good? I use it---But I'm Naive to what is out there-

On Another point how far away are we from sport betting??

thanks

rrbauer
01-07-2010, 04:38 AM
So , Does Mr Bauer think The Spire is good?

thanks

IMO TS is a 2004 product in a 2009 wrapper. Maybe the addition of Youbet will improve the betting interface. You would think that with two development groups that someone would've learned to open different functions in separate windows so as not to disturb the betting and odds-display window. And, the height of their incompetence came to light last fall when winners of a contest were told that their winnings wouldn't be credited to their accounts until the winning players filled out a form containing their social security number and either faxed or mailed it to CDI. These players are the same ones WHO HAD TO PROVIDE THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS IN ORDER TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT for W2-G purposes.

Needless to say, my play at TS amounts to $200 month which gets me a 20% discount on my BRIS data purchases.

Do I think it's good? :lol:

Space Monkey
01-07-2010, 08:10 AM
So Richard, what ADW would you suggest to a player like myself. I bet over $200 a month, but not in the 1,000's that is needed to earn worthwhile rebates. If you have any suggestions, I have an open mind. BTW, I like TS's detailed history report too. It saves me valuable time I don't have to keep all the records myself.