PDA

View Full Version : Does Jessica have paralysis agitans?

46zilzal
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
This one is almost as hard to watch as listening to Jones at Gulfstream tell us EVERY RACE someone was "ATTENDING the pace."

The one thing I would really like to see is for her to actually have a hair clip so that head tossing would stop being a distraction.

A real tough one to watch much less to listen to.

ArlJim78
01-04-2010, 02:28 PM
since it's so tough on you, have you considered simply not watching or listening to it? just a thought.

46zilzal
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
since it's so tough on you, have you considered simply not watching or listening to it? just a thought.
Coverage defaults to New Orleans...Can't get away from the dullard

Rookies
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
46:

It's been discussed here before.

THAT is her schtick, that hair tossing- deliberate allure & I like it ! ;)

Snag
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
This one is almost as hard to watch as listening to Jones at Gulfstream tell us EVERY RACE someone was "ATTENDING the pace."

The one thing I would really like to see is for her to actually have a hair clip so that head tossing would stop being a distraction.

A real tough one to watch much less to listen to.

Since you are in your diagnosis mode, what about a mild form of traits?

By the way, your rants are becoming "tough one to watch much less to listen to". Have a Happy New Year.

PaceAdvantage
01-06-2010, 03:31 AM
This thread qualifies for the PaceAdvantage.com "Special Kind of Crazy" award...we'll let you know if you win...

Snag
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
This thread qualifies for the PaceAdvantage.com "Special Kind of Crazy" award...we'll let you know if you win...

Ya Well.......he started it..........

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Ya Well.......he started it..........My bad...I meant to address that solely to the thread creator...

By the way, I think I speak for everyone on this website when I say that we just can't get enough of the 46zilzal threads that contain obscure medical jargon in the title...:lol:

jballscalls
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
My bad...I meant to address that solely to the thread creator...

By the way, I think I speak for everyone on this website when I say that we just can't get enough of the 46zilzal threads that contain obscure medical jargon in the title...:lol:

i gotta agree with you here! everytime he posts about health, not only does he use medical jargon, but seems to be very condescending about how others should know medical related things.

Tee
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Could have just said Parkinsons.

46zilzal
01-07-2010, 11:18 AM
i gotta agree with you here! everytime he posts about health, not only does he use medical jargon, but seems to be very condescending about how others should know medical related things.
Obscure only to those who don't know or won't use, a simple dictionary. The most used book in my life as vocabulary is a muscle that never never gets enough exercise.

Words are precise and if you folks haven't figured that out by now, you never will.

My favorite is petrichor: the smell after the first rain drops hit the ground.

Tom
01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Obscure only to those who don't know or won't use, a simple dictionary. The most used book in my life as vocabulary is a muscle that never never gets enough exercise.

Words are precise and if you folks haven't figured that out by now, you never will.

My favorite is petrichor: the smell after the first rain drops hit the ground.

Why should we have to decipher your posts? That would seem to be otiose.

46zilzal
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Why should we have to decipher your posts? That would seem to be otiose.
Most of the civilized world (the ones who Do and THINK for themselves) do not depend upon anyone but themseves in understanding this world.

The intellectuality LAZY cry for help and are then are good candidates for being sheep from the ones they continually obtain that help.

Tom
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
You miss the point.....that was, who cares what you are talking about? :lol:
btw, aren't YOU the one who used to whine a lot about people using anagrams , claiming the people should not use unknown stuff like that? :lol:
WGACA.
SYL.
:lol:

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Anagrams or acronyms?

johnhannibalsmith
01-07-2010, 07:23 PM
kjgjh oio ;oh ';asf ih alkhf jfusooo kah!!!!!

toetoe
01-07-2010, 07:26 PM
The intellectuality LAZY cry for help and are then are good candidates for being sheep from the ones they continually obtain that help.

While we wait for Dr. Irwin Corey to translate the passage above, let me say that this thread suffers from aortic stenosis, with probable insufficiency.

Also, Crest has been shown to be an effective decay-preventive dentifrice ... well, you get the idea.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I learned in a great business writing class - 'Why use a big word when a minuscule word will do?' (the sentence, by parody, has its own emphasis.) If you can say or write it simply, more people will understand correctly.

Another approach might be, "I noticed Jessica Pacheco tosses her hair quite a lot. Personally, I found it (insert your own adjective.)"

bigmack
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
While we wait for Dr. Irwin Corey to translate the passage above,
Hey, I remember him. Sure sounds like zilly

MxtN0xxzfsw

Tom
01-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Anagrams or acronyms?
WYSIWYG.

:D

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2010, 11:24 PM
WYSIWYG.

:D

What you see is what you get? I'm pretty good at this, gimme another one SVP :)

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 03:49 AM
It really is quite telling what kind of person 46zilzal is that he would create such a disgusting thread in the first place...

I don't care what other redeeming qualities 46zilzal might possess in terms of handicapping or in terms of the 1,000 other self-confessed occupations he has held throughout his lifetime...in the "HUMAN BEING" department, based on this thread alone, 46zilzal is a "GRADE A" TURD of the first magnitude.

46zilzal
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I took a speech class in high school and witnessed a different person enact the exact same mechanism.

Lady gave a speech about something we all thought at first might be interesting. About 10 seconds into the speech, she started throwing her shoulder up and down (my mom had a twitch like this so I thought I was the only one noticing it). After a minute or so, NO ONE was listening any longer as we were all counting the number of twitches.

When it came time to evaluate the content and style of the presentation, NO ONE really listened to what she said as the distraction of the St. Vitus Dance kept everyone glued on that and that alone.

Same thing with this gal...but then content is not much better than
presentation either.

Digusting? Darfur is disgusting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur
...this is only a humurous observation of a tart who cannot present herself in a professional manner

Hank
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
It really is quite telling what kind of person 46zilzal is that he would create such a disgusting thread in the first place...

I don't care what other redeeming qualities 46zilzal might possess in terms of handicapping or in terms of the 1,000 other self-confessed occupations he has held throughout his lifetime...in the "HUMAN BEING" department, based on this thread alone, 46zilzal is a "GRADE A" TURD of the first magnitude.

Really,initiating a goofy tread on a msg board confirms that this man is a "turd" as a human being.I'd wager that rational impartial readers of this tread would deem your post far worst than 46's with respect to "human being" attributes.:ThmbDown:

GaryG
01-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Despite this ridiculous thread I think the "turd" is sort of a lifetime achievement award.

skate
01-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll heed Jessica or Kudlow.

A heel to Zilly.

Tom
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Really,initiating a goofy tread on a msg board confirms that this man is a "turd" as a human being.I'd wager that rational impartial readers of this tread would deem your post far worst than 46's with respect to "human being" attributes.:ThmbDown:

Post 24 - he calls her a tart.
Case closed.

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Really,initiating a goofy tread on a msg board confirms that this man is a "turd" as a human being.I'd wager that rational impartial readers of this tread would deem your post far worst than 46's with respect to "human being" attributes.:ThmbDown:Dude, put your POLITICAL BIASES against me aside for one moment...

The guy (who claims to be a DOCTOR in another lifetime) essentially wrote a public thread about a public racing figure questioning if she has PARKINSON'S DISEASE simply because she likes to use a certain phrase and she tosses her hair every now and then.

You really think my reply is FAR WORSE?

Like I said, take your politically biased glasses off for one second.

PhantomOnTour
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Is someone insinuating that PA is no good?

I agree, I wouldnt want Paralysis Agitans either!

Valuist
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Anagrams or acronyms?

WTF is an acronym?

PhantomOnTour
01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
WTF is an acronym?

LOF'nL :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
The only reason this TURD created this thread was so that he could put another obscure medical term in the thread title to make himself feel intelligent.

And because 46 was banned in the past, he gets no quarter from me for this disgusting display of his in this thread.

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Can you believe this guy brings up DARFUR in this thread?

Yeah, I'm the bad guy...:lol:

GaryG
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
If I may digress slightly....Darfur used to be a cause celebre for one of the horsemen, I think hcap. Point was that Bush was spending so much money on oil-related issues he could not devote the necessary resources to the Darfur situation. Don't here about it any more, I guess it is ok is the current regime forsakes the poor people iover there.

Grits
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I took a speech class in high school and witnessed a different person enact the exact same mechanism.

Lady gave a speech about something we all thought at first might be interesting. About 10 seconds into the speech, she started throwing her shoulder up and down (my mom had a twitch like this so I thought I was the only one noticing it). After a minute or so, NO ONE was listening any longer as we were all counting the number of twitches.

When it came time to evaluate the content and style of the presentation, NO ONE really listened to what she said as the distraction of the St. Vitus Dance kept everyone glued on that and that alone.

Same thing with this gal...but then content is not much better than
presentation either.

Digusting? Darfur is disgusting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur
...this is only a humurous observation of a tart who cannot present herself in a professional manner

Zilly, though, you say you're a former ORTHOPAEDIC physician, and you roll out tidbits to us on an ongoing basis, I'd rather have the hair tossing habits of "this tart" (as you call her) than the woefully lacking professional knowledge of one who perceives his advanced vocabulary as beneficial and befuddling among the dullards.

Those with ANY, AND I DO MEAN--ANY--knowledge of medicine in this 21st century, whether it be professional (like yourself) or cursory, would not dare refer to anyone as suffering from, or in possession of the obvious but troublesome distraction of "Saint Vitus Dance".

Given this is a centuries old term viewed by--not only those in the medical field--but by all possessing some degree of concern and compassion as slang; as derogatory. Anyone suffering from Huntington's Disease, Parkinsons, Tourette's or other forms of neurological disorder/disease, many of which, including genetically based Huntington's, know their problem is incurable, quite often terminal, and damn sure uninvited and involuntary.

I wish this young woman would come on here and burn your ass a new one for not only initiating such comments about her, but in continuing in your own callous, cute ass manner. As older and wiser than so many of us dullards, I hope your blood pressure's holding . . . . I'd hate for you to stroke out, and not remain at your ugliest best.

I'm serious, Zilly, this wasn't right; but then, neither am I in calling you on it. But I'm ok with my part 'cause I don't give a damn.

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, there's one reply that refutes Hank's theory....

Greyfox
01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
And because 46 was banned in the past, he gets no quarter from me for this disgusting display of his in this thread.

I don't find the thread disgusting. 46Zil's public question of a diagnosis of a public figure was made in jest as a hyperbole to bring attention to what he finds as annoying behavior. If you don't see that, you don't see that. As he no longer practices medicine, his comments are neither unethical or unprofessional. His comments raise questions of "judgement issues" re: appropriateness or political correctness. He does tend to use medical terms hoping to impress us with his knowledge. But so what. He probably spent many years steeped in them.

If the thread is disgusting, what part of the T.O.S. have his comments violated and why hasn't it been pulled?

46zilzal
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Motion, out of character to harmonized purposeful action, is part and parcel of many benign and progressive disorders.

There is even an organization which educates the public to them
http://www.movementdisorders.org/

Probably the most common we see is paralysis agitans and not much any longer the choreas which usually followed an infection.....

Huntington's is not PROBABLY fatal....Used to attend an entire home near here and over the course of three years, several in the range of 30 to 50 died.

Political correctness is going to choke people

QUOTE:He does tend to use medical terms hoping to impress us with his knowledge. But so what. He probably spent many years steeped in them.

He uses the terms that describe the point. That is the vocabulary I use all the time. Calling something what it is .....is simple English

No one was trying to make ANY DIAGNOSIS but only stating that this broad can't stand still.

xtb
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCzyMPU_x0

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't find the thread disgusting.Because you aren't a moderator, your opinion, while welcome, doesn't hold very much weight in this matter.

As for TOS violation, here is the specific part I would cite:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.His comments could easily be considered false, defamatory and/or inaccurate.

And I have every intention of deleting this thread eventually.

Grits
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Zilly, I need to send this young lady an email, and invite her to join PA. I wouldn't want her to miss a former physician's observations and comments about her on air presence.

Choking political correctness my butt; more like choking your terminal case of the cutes.

"Calling something what it is .....is simple English"

Grits
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Because you aren't a moderator, your opinion, while welcome, doesn't hold very much weight in this matter.

And I have every intention of deleting this thread shortly.

Nope. Won't be sending any email!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Anagrams or acronyms?

WTF is an acronym?

That few, huck? ;)

46zilzal
01-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Zilly, I need to send this young lady an email, and invite her to join PA. I wouldn't want her to miss a former physician's observations and comments about her on air presence.

Choking political correctness my butt; more like choking your terminal case of the cutes.

"Calling something what it is .....is simple English"
Great invite her over....Opinion is not that fragile. Same thing with another member here who was going to RUN over to Oaklawn and tattle to old D. Wayne

46zilzal
01-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Because you aren't a moderator, your opinion, while welcome, doesn't hold very much weight in this matter.

As for TOS violation, here is the specific part I would cite:

His comments could easily be considered false, defamatory and/or inaccurate.[/font]

And I have every intention of deleting this thread eventually.

Hey that only works if the RECIPIENT is an active member also.

People categorize others in all manner of descriptions and have for years.

The term POS is used gingerly here all the time with nary a statement from the front office, BUT then again that is from the cabal who receive Get Out of Jail Free cards each and every time they describe people right here with those terms.

Did poor old Dubyah ever get hurt for calling him the brain dead rutabaga he both is, was, and shall always be? No, since there was a chorus of thousands describing the same thing everywhere around the globe and not directly to him......However I have always envisioned just how many people would simply turn their backs if he ever walked into a room

Bottom line: lady jumps nervously, it is distracting and reminds me of what I described...Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill!!

Like the play Much Ado About Nothing

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey that only works if the RECIPIENT is an active member also.

People categorize others in all manner of descriptions and have for years.

The term POS is used gingerly here all the time with nary a statement from the front office, BUT then again that is from the cabal who receive Get Out of Jail Free cards each and every time they describe people right here with those terms.

Did poor old brain dead evey get hurt for calling him the brain dead rutabaga he both is was and shall always be? NoYou simply don't get it...not very surprising.

The passage I quoted contained nothing that refers to the "recipient being an active member."

You didn't call her a piece of shit. If you had, I wouldn't be nearly this concerned.

You did something intensely more grotesque.

Hank
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Dude, put your POLITICAL BIASES against me aside for one moment...

The guy (who claims to be a DOCTOR in another lifetime) essentially wrote a public thread about a public racing figure questioning if she has PARKINSON'S DISEASE simply because she likes to use a certain phrase and she tosses her hair every now and then.

You really think my reply is FAR WORSE?

Like I said, take your politically biased glasses off for one second.

Political biases played no part in my response to your post.I agree with you 46 did himself no favors with that lousy post and criticism of it was justified. I thought you went overboard in your response that's all.

46zilzal
01-08-2010, 06:17 PM
POS is okay but fidgeting around as if one had a classic movement disorder is not?

Upside down world

castaway01
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
The more vital question is, who wouldn't want to watch Jessica Pacheco toss anything, even her hair?

Pace Cap'n
01-08-2010, 07:21 PM
The more vital question is, who wouldn't want to watch Jessica Pacheco toss anything, even her hair?

At last, a voice of reason.

ElKabong
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
So, 46Zil doesn't like to look at attractive young women covering racing....Duly noted.

Jessica is hot, and she can pick good priced horses too.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
She might toss her hair less if she changed the style or it was shorter, but she looks great on TV and in person so why take that risk when it helps her in the job. Admittedly, when she is off-camera but still doing the voice-only analysis, she tends to wander around a little and/or stand in slightly twisted positions, but that isn't important at all off-camera, she just focuses on her analysis and telling it to us as she goes - ok, sounds like she wanders a little talking too. Still, she can do the analysis at any track I follow anytime. Thankfully, she handles at least two of them!

Aren't there any Doctor or other possible $20 word forums for Zil to post on if he wants to talk big words but doesn't want to be frustrated that people would either need to look them up or more than likely don't care what he's talking about? On the other hand, perhaps he's being perfectly cromulent.

46zilzal
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
There are Many good females horse racing commentators: Elissa Blowe at Fort Erie knows her stuff as she worked her way up as a groom and Rene Kierans at Woodbine has a trainers license. REAL horse people who know the game relate what they know in an objective, non distracting manner.

The lady at NYRA who used to give the breeding details also is in that category. Don't know her name, but the lady who does on camera commentary at Northlands knows her subject as do several of the commentators at Chruchill. All informative, logical cogent and understandable information.

They do the job they were hired to do: INFORM US in an understanding logical manner.

JBmadera
01-09-2010, 01:32 PM
At last, a voice of reason.

she's absolutely the highlight of a dreary, cold day.....:ThmbUp:

wisconsin
01-09-2010, 03:05 PM
The lady at NYRA who used to give the breeding details also is in that category. Don't know her name

That would be Jan Rushton

46zilzal
01-09-2010, 06:07 PM
That would be Jan Rushton
Hope her mother is better. Heard that was why she left that show.

Dahoss9698
01-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Hope her mother is better. Heard that was why she left that show.

You heard wrong, shockingly. It was her brother.

PaceAdvantage
01-10-2010, 05:18 AM
You heard wrong, shockingly. It was her brother.He's got to be doing this stuff on purpose. How can anyone post such ignorance yet appear so cocksure at all times?

Hey, 46zilzal, I'm sure Ms. Rushton would get a big chuckle out of this thread while caring for her brother with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...I must restate that you are a classless turd of the first magnitude.

46zilzal
01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
He's got to be doing this stuff on purpose. How can anyone post such ignorance yet appear so cocksure at all times?

Hey, 46zilzal, I'm sure Ms. Rushton would get a big chuckle out of this thread while caring for her brother with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...I must restate that you are a classless turd of the first magnitude.
Since I heard WHY she left, HERE, third handed, THIS is the source of the mistake.

PhantomOnTour
01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
The gal at Fort Erie is named Elissa Blowe? Seriously?
I GOTTA play that track.

46zilzal
01-10-2010, 12:57 PM
The gal at Fort Erie is named Elissa Blowe? Seriously?
I GOTTA play that track.
You will have to fight off a GIANT fellow who is both a trainer and her steady beau.

Nice lady who KNOWS horses and broadcasting...Also is on at Woodbine

Dahoss9698
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Since I heard WHY she left, HERE, third handed, THIS is the source of the mistake.

PhantomOnTour
01-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Alright alright, everyone simmer down. I think we're all getting a little 'agitansed' here.

Dave Schwartz
01-10-2010, 01:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, you guys have outdone yourselves on this thread. I wandered in late - I usually skip Zilly threads but with so many posts I had to take a look. Kind of like watching a train wreck - you just can't look away.

Anyway, I have laughed all the way through it. PA, why would you want to delete this thread? It is priceless!

And I believe someone called Zilly a turd... I'd just like to ask, is that your professional diagnosis? :lol:

Keep 'em coming, guys.

johnhannibalsmith
01-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm just grateful that ALS was referred to by its proper name rather than by Lou Gehrig's disease or all hell may have broken loose.

skate
01-10-2010, 02:23 PM
No one was trying to make ANY DIAGNOSIS but only stating that this broad can't stand still.

Welp, there's Broad and then there is Narrow.

Let me go again, thanks.
You say "No one was Diagnosing but rather "just " Stating.

AAAAhhhh, look here Doc, was your Diagnosis a diagnosis OR just a Statment.:bang:

JimG
01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I rarely venture into off topic unless it is computer related. I think this thread sums up why.

Someone is upset that a sexy girl is tossing her hair while talking to the audience about horse racing? Yeah that really pisses me off. :lol: :lol:

Jim

Greyfox
01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I believe someone called Zilly a turd... I'd just like to ask, is that your professional diagnosis? :lol:

Keep 'em coming, guys.

In my opinion, calling another person, avatar or poster a "turd" goes beyond reasonable boundaries, except in anything but a joking situation.
That is just the way I think. That is the way I practice my life.

Having said that I was reminded of the following Irish story:

"A construction site boss was interviewing men for a job, when along came Murphy. The boss thought, "I'm not hiring that lazy Mick..." so he decided to set a test for Murphy hoping he wouldn't be able to answer the questions, and he'd be able to refuse him the job without getting into an argument.

The first question was, "Without using numbers, represent the number 9." Murphy says, "Dats easy" and proceeds to draw three trees. The boss says, "What the hell is that?" Murphy says "Tree 'n tree n' tree makes nine". Fair enough, says the boss.

Second question, same rules, but represent 99. Murphy stares into space for a while, then makes a smudge on each tree. "Der ya go sir" he says. The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?" Murphy says, "each tree's dirty now! So it's dirty tree, n' dirty tree n' dirty tree, dats 99."

The boss is getting worried he's going to have to hire him, so he says, "All right, question three. Same rules again, but represent the number 100". Murphy stares into space again, then he shouts, "I got it!" he makes a little mark at the base of each tree, and says, "There ya go sir. 100." The boss looks at Murphy's attempt and thinks, Ha! Got him this time. "Go on Murphy, you must be crazy if you think that represents a hundred." Murphy leans forward and points to the marks at the tree bases, and says, "A little dog comes along and craps by each tree, so now ya got, dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd, and dirty tree an' a turd, which makes a hundred, when do I start my job?"

johnhannibalsmith
01-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Excellent segue into a joke I must say. :cool:

lamboguy
01-11-2010, 06:39 AM
He's got to be doing this stuff on purpose. How can anyone post such ignorance yet appear so cocksure at all times?

Hey, 46zilzal, I'm sure Ms. Rushton would get a big chuckle out of this thread while caring for her brother with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...I must restate that you are a classless turd of the first magnitude.jan rushton is as classy a human being as god has ever put on the face of this earth, she is dedicating her life now to her brother that suffers every single day he is above ground with lou gherigs disease.she knows how sacred life really is and the real meaning of life,

i doubt if jan has the time to read this board or any other for that matter. all i can say is GOD BLESS HER.