PDA

View Full Version : Download Newest Version of HandiFast *free

douglasw32
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
http://hitechslocal.com/handifast/ (http://hitechslocal.com/handifast/)

An open directory, where the newest version(s) can be shared.

HandiFast is an open source, community project and is completely free to download, distribute (for free) and use.

Roger
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Thank's guy's for all the hard work! :)

Roger,

JimG
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you. :ThmbUp:

Jim

hracingplyr
01-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Doug, what are the new features of this one? Everything looks the same.

douglasw32
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
None, fixes a BUG

lsosa54
01-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks Doug

Viruss
01-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks Doug Handi and Head for putting this all togeather....Earl J

llegend39
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
In the top 4 on Wedneday at Tampa

Top Pick-2 wins
2nd pick-4 wins
3rd pick-2 wins
4th pick-1 win

last race the top 4 were 7-6-3-1
it came in 6-1-3-7 for a $1 super that paid $1766!

dartman51
01-07-2010, 10:53 AM
In the top 4 on Wedneday at Tampa

Top Pick-2 wins
2nd pick-4 wins
3rd pick-2 wins
4th pick-1 win

last race the top 4 were 7-6-3-1
it came in 6-1-3-7 for a $1 super that paid $1766!

The 9th, TOP 4: 6, 7, 1, 5
Actual finish: 6, 7, 5, 1

Winner paid $17.40
Exacta: $39.40
Tri: $431.40
$1 Super: $855.60 :ThmbUp:

gl45
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
pen race #6 HHX2.1

Horse M/L Fair Odds
9 VICAR OF LA 2.5 1.3
5 HAWK MOUNTAIN 4 4.1
1 NATIVE MANDATE 30 6.6
10 MESSIAH 12 8

order of finish
Win 10........$22.60
Place 1.........$41.00
Show 7.........$9.40

Exacta 10-1.......$451.60

Thank you guys, job well done.

lsosa54
01-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Be careful, gentlemen, as Darkness will accuse you of redboarding and touting after the fact.

Handiman
01-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Legend, Dart, Gl

I realize those results are very disappointing. I know 'The Super Duper Light Machine and Ultimate Picker' would have gotten you guys $10,000 tris and supers...and I apologize for leading you astray.

So please don't forget my Guarantee. When you get tired of those anemic Mutuels sometime within the next 5 years, I will kick down your refunds, doubling the purchase price.

All The Best,
Handi :)

Jingle
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Please excuse me but I'm having a senior moment. How do I convert the csv/ cvs file to PDF. Need detailed instructions or please direct me to posting.

Thanks Handi, Head, and Doug and everyone else that has contributed to this project. Very much appreciated.

lsosa54
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Jingle: You're going to have to format your CSV sheet as you want it and then print to a PDF writer, such as Cute PDF. The CSV as generated will not fiton one page by race , even in landscape mode. If you want all the columns, you will have to print multiple pages per race.

I just print the essential columns I need so I can fit everything across in landscape. I also the need the font big enough so I can read it easily. You'll have to play with the formatting until you get something you're comfortable with.

I attached an example with no selectivity as to columns - printed all but one. All I did was autofit the column widths and I got rid of the RS column so I can fit everything else.

JimG
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
How close is the multi-track version, additional factors, with all the horses on the screen in betting line order to being released? Looking for to really testing that one out? Thanks.

Jim

PS...Any chance you would consider altering the program to read Post Time Daily files as well? If you are willing to look into it, I will gladly send you a file and a layout Post Time had posted on their website a while back. Thanks for considering.

Handiman
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Jim,

The multi track is very close. Only a small bug in the way I believe. I have to talk to Head first.

I'd be glad to see about being able to include Post Time. So if you want to send me the info to milfredo@sonic.net

Handi

JimG
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Jim,

The multi track is very close. Only a small bug in the way I believe. I have to talk to Head first.

I'd be glad to see about being able to include Post Time. So if you want to send me the info to milfredo@sonic.net

Handi

I just emailed you. Thank you.

Jim

jk3521
01-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Would you be able to make it so we don't have to go out of a session to change preferences? It would save a lot of time in trying different settings.

headhawg
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
The multi track is very close. Only a small bug in the way I believe. I have to talk to Head first.Yeah, still working on it. It seems that when I fix one and test I find another one. I will try to find/squash the main ones and then let the users beta test it. :)

Handiman
01-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Head,

I think I have found them all. Using MCP and DRF files..it works fine now. The CL shows up fine. I found where I left a variable in for cl when I was testing an idea and forgot to remove it.

Everything seems to work fine now. If you want I will send you the source code to look at now.

Going to send it off to Doug as soon as I can find his address...I seem to have lost it.

Handi :)

headhawg
01-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Handi,

Do we have the same source code? I had to fix the Form rating too. The holder(x,7) variable was still using PWR and not Form. Also the loading of weights still works weird for me; it loads it as a track name and not weights.

HH

Handiman
01-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Before I send it to Doug I will go look at 7. I'm not sure what you are talking about about the weights.

But after looking at 7 I will send you the most recent source I have.

Thanks Head.

Handi

Wickel
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I apologize in advance, but I'm confused. What's the difference between this new version and MT-6? Or are they one in the same? Also, when clicking the link to this thread's updated version, an index pops up. Which one of those links should I download?

Handiman
01-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Wick,

The M-T 6 is the latest version and you can play 6 tracks live if you want. You can set custom weight settings for each of the 6 tracks.

Handi

Wickel
01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
thanks handi.

cloud9
01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I cant find the N-T 6 file . Is Handifast6zip that file ?

lsosa54
01-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I cant find the N-T 6 file . Is Handifast6zip that file ?

Yup

Conquer
02-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Please excuse my ignorance here, but I am unaware of this software. I have looked around to see what this is all about. Can someone please clue me in as to what this is, what the main focus of the software is, how well does it work/pay (ROI) and can I use it at Penn National and Mountaineer.

raybo
02-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Please excuse my ignorance here, but I am unaware of this software. I have looked around to see what this is all about. Can someone please clue me in as to what this is, what the main focus of the software is, how well does it work/pay (ROI) and can I use it at Penn National and Mountaineer.

This software is the result of an ongoing PA forum project, started by Douglasw32 back in April of 2009. It was called "FAST" back then. Over time, 2 other members of the forum, Handiman and headhawg, joined Doug in the programming, etc., and Handifast was born. Many contributions/suggestions were made by other members of the forum that has changed the original program dramatically.

Although, as of this date, nobody (to my knowledge), has databased it's results to gain historical insight into it's ROI, there have been many reports of the program hitting large payoffs, frequently.

In the latest version of what is now referred to as "MT-6", Handiman is using the software as a black box, in the "Black Box Challenge", and is doing quite well, with, an overall net profit for the Challenge in the 26% range. Today is the last day of the Challenge.

If you want to see the software's picks and results, check out the Challenge's posts and results in the software forum.

headhawg
02-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Although, as of this date, nobody (to my knowledge), has databased it's results to gain historical insight into it's ROI...Yeah that's my fault really. There's a user here with all of the capabilities to do that right now, but what's needed is an easy way to produce the csv files in bunches instead of one at a time. I'm working on it.

raybo
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah that's my fault really. There's a user here with all of the capabilities to do that right now, but what's needed is an easy way to produce the csv files in bunches instead of one at a time. I'm working on it.

Will the csv file contain just the Summary data, or will it contain all the ratings for all of the factors, as shown in the race screen in the main program? Like, LR, CL, DS, EP, RT, LP, RS, FM, etc., etc. I'm assuming, because of the amount of data that would be involved, that you will probably just include the Summary data.

I'm using 3 of the factors' rankings as an addition to AllData PPs today in the Challenge, but had to manually enter the rankings from Handifast. Would be nice to just import the csv and have referencing formulas grab the data.:)

Also, for someone interested in databasing the csv outputs and results, having all the factors would allow more accurate weighting for them, impact values, etc..

headhawg
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Ray,

It's basically the summary information with a few pieces straight out of the data file. The file structure/data is already included in HHX; it's the second csv file that's created. The first one is primarily to load up into Excel in order to print out the summary information.

I would imagine that someone enterprising could combine the raw data from Bris with the summary ratings if they so desired. ;)

HH

raybo
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Ray,

It's basically the summary information with a few pieces straight out of the data file. The file structure/data is already included in HHX; it's the second csv file that's created. The first one is primarily to load up into Excel in order to print out the summary information.

I would imagine that someone enterprising could combine the raw data from Bris with the summary ratings if they so desired. ;)

HH

HH,

That's what I thought. I haven't downloaded the summary program, only the latest version of Handfast. I'll do that and check the csv file to see if what I need is included, but, I highly doubt it.

Well, if "someone enterprising", with the cash to pay the programmer ;), comes along, I'm sure it will get done, eventually.

And, no, I'm not the programmer, for anyone who hasn't gotten the drift yet.:lol:

Wish I was, there's money to be made!!!

Meanwhile, I guess I better hook up my multiple monitors again so I can view AllData and Handifast at the same time, so I can "type":( the Handi data into AllData PPs.

Oh, I uploaded the Excel 2007 version of AllData PPs to my site, which includes the "auto-pick" feature used here in the "Challenge".

raybo
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Can you have both, HHX and MT6, on the same machine or will there be conflicts. HHX has the Summary but MT6 doesn't. I only have MT6 at present but want to check out the Summary and the csv files.

raybo
02-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Can you have both, HHX and MT6, on the same machine or will there be conflicts. HHX has the Summary but MT6 doesn't. I only have MT6 at present but want to check out the Summary and the csv files.

Never mind, I have both versions now and they both work.

HH, I think the csv file will work fine, for what I have in mind for AllData PPs. Now, I just have to get some macros written to grab the csv and paste it in AllData, then it's just a matter of doing some referencing, filtering, etc..

Baer
02-08-2010, 11:41 AM
sir can you describe how to download and what files do you need to be able to use the program? Does it do pretty good at all major tracks or which ones has anyoen gotten good resutls fro mif they are willing to share the info.

raybo
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
sir can you describe how to download and what files do you need to be able to use the program? Does it do pretty good at all major tracks or which ones has anyoen gotten good resutls fro mif they are willing to share the info.

http://hitechslocal.com/handifast/ (http://hitechslocal.com/handifast/)

Click the above link for all the programs available, or, if you want the single track version click this link: "HHXv21.zip (http://hitechslocal.com/handifast/HHXv21.zip)", then open the folder that is created and click the .exe file included. If you want the multi-track version click this link: "handifast6fix.zip (http://hitechslocal.com/handifast/handifast6fix.zip)", then open that folder and click the .exe file.

As I stated in a previous post, to my knowledge, nobody has databased the programs' outputs vs the corresponding results in order to track how well the software performs. Hopefully, at a date sometime in the future, someone will do this and publish the results here.

This is an ongoing project and, IMO, the reason this hasn't been done yet is that people have been waiting for a "final" version to be available which, again IMO, may never be achieved, as the software is being continuously updated, which is a good thing.

I think that version HHX, with it's csv files, is capable of providing this information, as it stands. We just need someone with database knowledge to work on this portion of the project.

That person is definitely not me, databases are way above my capabilities, it appears, having tried many times to create them for my own handicapping program and failed miserably, although, I have done this in Excel, which is not an ideal databasing application,but sufficed for my needs.

hcap
02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
As I stated in a previous post, to my knowledge, nobody has databased the programs' outputs vs the corresponding results in order to track how well the software performs. Hopefully, at a date sometime in the future, someone will do this and publish the results here.

I have. And reported some of my results of a 200 + race study of non-maidens. And some results for maidens only.
500 races in all.

I am waiting for batch processing. A big endeavor I know.
Hopefully I can then continue my testing. Not being pushy, just hopeful :)

raybo
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I have. And reported some of my results of a 200 + race study of non-maidens. And some results for maidens only.
500 races in all.

I am waiting for batch processing. A big endeavor I know.
Hopefully I can then continue my testing. Not being pushy, just hopeful :)

Harry,

I had forgotten that you had, indeed, done a small study of the program. I'll have to look up the post(s) and post a link.

I wonder if the "batch" processing will mean multiple races being sent to the csv, or just the ability to send all the races on one card, all at once, instead of loading each race individually, first. I am assuming that the goal is to process up to 6 tracks, all races, at one time.

Did you see my post concerning the csv files now available in HHX? One contains all the categories available in the race screen, in HHX, without headers or summary info, which would be almost perfect for what I was doing manually in the Challenge. The other has headers and race info above the data, plus the summary info, not as db or Excel friendly in that format.

hcap
02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
It does not matter for database study, whether or not 1 or multiple tracks are used. At least for me. In fact, it makes it easier for the lookup of results if only1 track at a time is processed. Right now it only takes a me 5 or 6 seconds to do 1 card including making a table with corresponding results in Excel. Opens up the csv files in one directory, and results in another. Yes the csv output without headers is what I use. That output includes the summary info for each runner in row and column format.

The time consuming part right now is manually opening a card and doing individual races in Handifast.
Also kinda of tedious if you are doing many, many cards. However. the study did indicate pretty much a break even black box approach using only the top Fair Odds horse in non-maiden races. Combined with a few other filters, it does get better.

Out of many systems and methods I have tested, it is one of the best.
But 500 races are not enough.
So meanwhile until batch processing arrives, I try to stay busy with other projects :)

Headhawg, I am hoping you are well. :ThmbUp:

Vinnie
02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Headhawg:

I just wanted to send a shout out to you. :) I read hcap's post. If you haven't been feeling all too well, I truly hope that you are feeling much better.

Nothing but Good Karma goes out there for you HH!!! :)

headhawg
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I wonder if the "batch" processing will mean multiple races being sent to the csv, or just the ability to send all the races on one card, all at once, instead of loading each race individually, first. I am assuming that the goal is to process up to 6 tracks, all races, at one time.The goal is to automate the scratch and the csv output process. The user would put the Bris .drf and .xrd files into a folder structure, HHX would read them (probably by date range) and create the csv output most likely one output file per input file. Then the researcher can load them up into a db or Excel as hcap does and run queries.

Handi contacted me and said that the has a batch processing mechanism in place. What he hasn't been able to do with MT-6 yet is create the csv output. I am going to send the csv code to Handi and he will attempt to incorporate it as well as the batch process code. I know he's not feeling well so it may still be some time before it's finished but probably faster than I can do it considering my current schedule.

headhawg
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the concern guys. I am not sick (well, not in the traditional sense. :) ), just very busy with with my job that I started about four months ago. For a while I was on a roll with adding features to Handifast but I haven't had the time nor the mental energy to work on it as much as I would like. I've enjoyed reading people's posts and also getting the emails making suggestions and telling me of their successes. Good stuff. I will do my best to write more code or at least help Handi in that regard. Thanks for the support.

Old Timer
02-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Raybo,

I've downloaded both programs but when I run the .exe files I get the message :"Cannot locate VVM31W.DLL: check PATH statement"

What do I do now?

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Any help you gurus can give will be much appreciated.

Old Timer

raybo
02-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Raybo,

I've downloaded both programs but when I run the .exe files I get the message :"Cannot locate VVM31W.DLL: check PATH statement"

What do I do now?

Old Timer

Doug, Handi, or headhawg will have to answer that one.

headhawg
02-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Raybo,

What do I do now?

Old TimerThat's a .dll file that is required for MT-6 and HHX. It should be included in the zip package that you downloaded. Once you download the zip files you can extract them to any location that you want (that you have permissions for) and run the .exe file from there. I would suggest that you re-download and unzip the files again. Or maybe you need to Run As an administrator account in Win7...

Old Timer
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
HH,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I downloaded the zip packages again into newly setup folders, clicked on the .exe files and received the same message. That .dll file is in the same folder with the .exe file so it has me befuddled. (befuddling me is no great challenge!)
According to my book on Windows 7, the user is the Administrator by default, just doesn't get all the nag screens. If the user loves nag screens he can set it to one higher level and be right back in the wonderful world of Windows Vista.
I made that change on my computer but it made no change in my ability to run these two programs.
I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Surely someone is running these programs on a Windows 7 machine - I would appreciate hearing how they were able to set them up.

Bill

raybo
02-09-2010, 01:43 PM
HH,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I downloaded the zip packages again into newly setup folders, clicked on the .exe files and received the same message. That .dll file is in the same folder with the .exe file so it has me befuddled. (befuddling me is no great challenge!)
According to my book on Windows 7, the user is the Administrator by default, just doesn't get all the nag screens. If the user loves nag screens he can set it to one higher level and be right back in the wonderful world of Windows Vista.
I made that change on my computer but it made no change in my ability to run these two programs.
I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Surely someone is running these programs on a Windows 7 machine - I would appreciate hearing how they were able to set them up.

Bill

Headhawg,

Can't you just send him the missing file and he can put it in the folder?

headhawg
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Ray,

Old Timer posted that the file is already in the folder with the .exe. I suppose that it could be corrupt...

Old Timer,

Do you get the error message for Handifast MT-6 or HHX v2.1 or both?

Old Timer
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I got the same message from each program.

Old Timer

douglasw32
02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Try to right click on the .EXE and choose "Run as Administrator"
7 does not play nice with some programs.

headhawg
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah, OT, I would try Doug's suggestion. If that doesn't work try extracting the files to a different location and try again. I don't know of any specific reason why the programs wouldn't work with Win7 if they work with Vista.

Old Timer
02-10-2010, 12:49 AM
I just tried Doug's suggestion. When I right click on .exe I'm not offered the opportunity to "run as administrator." All i get is the same screen message.

Old Timer

lsosa54
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I just tried Doug's suggestion. When I right click on .exe I'm not offered the opportunity to "run as administrator." All i get is the same screen message.

Old Timer

OT: I'm testing Win 7 Ultimate on a partition of my XP laptop just to get used to it and see what it looks like, etc. I've tried both Handifast 6 and HHXv2.1 and both work without a hitch if you right click on the application file and choose "run as administrator". It even takes the drf files which are still on my XP partition without a hitch. Handi6 still has the screen sizing problem, but my mid-2006 era laptop can't get the resolution I need, so I work around it.

The only one that doesn't work by running it as administrator is WR-P, one of the Wood Ratings versions. I attached the error message.

Doug, any thoughts? Looks like a missing library file or at least not registered in Win 7. Seems to be a common VB error?

douglasw32
02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Yep, look in the WR folder structure you will see a folder named SUPPORT run everything in there by right clicking and running as Administrator

It will register them all.

Viruss
02-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Are the top 4 in each category still scored double for 1st, 2-4 get the actual wieght?

Earl J

lsosa54
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Yep, look in the WR folder structure you will see a folder named SUPPORT run everything in there by right clicking and running as Administrator

It will register them all.

Did the trick - thanks Doug. WR now works in Win 7.

headhawg
02-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Are the top 4 in each category still scored double for 1st, 2-4 get the actual wieght?

Earl JI am pretty sure that's correct for MT-6. In HHX, the weight is set for the top horse and the 2nd - 4th get half that amount.

Viruss
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
HH

The scoring was right its just that the wrong horses are getting the score Handi is looking into now.

Earl J